Quantcast
Your gaming regrets thread

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your gaming regrets thread

theRepublic said:
Justin said:
hsrob said:
I looked at this thread title and thought, "that's silly, why would you regret playing a game", then it hit me, the memory that had been buried for years. I was seduced by the excellent previous versions on the PC and made the fatal error of succumbing without nary a playtest or reading a review......It was horrible; physics that belonged in elastic world, crap player models and i couldn't figure out why the game smeared vasoline on the inside of my TV screen, or where on earth they put the gameplay. I can't even bring myself to mention it's name but this game taught me a first brutal gaming lesson. Needless to say i didn't permit it to defile the cartridge slot of my N64 for very long and it was forever removed from my house not long after. I'm still haunted though by the poor sap who may have picked it up after me, discounted in the 2nd hand section at EB........ and he probably thought he was getting a bargain.

Um, Starcraft 64?

I was thinking Command & Conquer, but I don't see how physics or player models would be complaints for those games.

Oh, maybe Carmageddon?



Around the Network

I bought Boom Blox, Doshin the Giant, Final Fantasy III, Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2: Grimoire of the Dark Rift and Ogre Battle: The March of the Black Queen. Those are my top 5 without any specific order. All those games suck hard.



Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

FFTA2 wasn't that bad at all, it was just too easy, but the job system was fantastic beyond compare.



deadt0m said:
FFTA2 wasn't that bad at all, it was just too easy, but the job system was fantastic beyond compare.

It was boring and tedious. The job system in FF games is usually loaded with tons of stuff that is mostly worthless.



Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

RolStoppable said:
I bought Boom Blox, Doshin the Giant, Final Fantasy III, Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2: Grimoire of the Dark Rift and Ogre Battle: The March of the Black Queen. Those are my top 5 without any specific order. All those games suck hard.

This reminded me of Dark Rift on the N64. It was a fighting game that was also one of the worst games I have ever played.



Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network
Justin said:
theRepublic said:
Justin said:
hsrob said:
I looked at this thread title and thought, "that's silly, why would you regret playing a game", then it hit me, the memory that had been buried for years. I was seduced by the excellent previous versions on the PC and made the fatal error of succumbing without nary a playtest or reading a review......It was horrible; physics that belonged in elastic world, crap player models and i couldn't figure out why the game smeared vasoline on the inside of my TV screen, or where on earth they put the gameplay. I can't even bring myself to mention it's name but this game taught me a first brutal gaming lesson. Needless to say i didn't permit it to defile the cartridge slot of my N64 for very long and it was forever removed from my house not long after. I'm still haunted though by the poor sap who may have picked it up after me, discounted in the 2nd hand section at EB........ and he probably thought he was getting a bargain.

Um, Starcraft 64?

I was thinking Command & Conquer, but I don't see how physics or player models would be complaints for those games.

Oh, maybe Carmageddon?

This.

http://au.ign64.ign.com/articles/150/150767p1.html

They had more good things to say about it that i would have had.



Squilliam said:
Rainbird said:
1) Buying Army of Two

2) Buying Far Cry 2

3) Buying Siren: Blood Curse

4) Buying the Eidos Pack on Steam

5) Getting rid of my rig, so I can't really play any PC games.

Regretting your purchase of Siren: Blood Curse.

I hate that game with a passion



Anyone got any more gaming regrets? don't be shy! :)



Rainbird said:
Squilliam said:
Rainbird said:
1) Buying Army of Two

2) Buying Far Cry 2

3) Buying Siren: Blood Curse

4) Buying the Eidos Pack on Steam

5) Getting rid of my rig, so I can't really play any PC games.

Regretting your purchase of Siren: Blood Curse.

I hate that game with a passion

You mean SCARED of that game



Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

Selling NES for like 10-20$ with 20 games.... (10 years ago)