Quantcast
Marvelous, crying over bad sales.

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Marvelous, crying over bad sales.

mjc2021 said:
Dazkarieh said:
mjc2021 said:
bardicverse said:
Seriously, promote the game better. Put demos in people's hands, create street teams handing otu demos at public events, and stop crying.

You're assuming people just don't know about them. I think the hardest thing to do is make a typical Wii owner care about their gamesy

Nop, there's one thing harder: make typical PS360 owners care about their games.


We're still waiting for one.

That's right. They still haven't made or published a PS3 title.



Around the Network
outlawauron said:
mjc2021 said:
Dazkarieh said:
mjc2021 said:
bardicverse said:
Seriously, promote the game better. Put demos in people's hands, create street teams handing otu demos at public events, and stop crying.

You're assuming people just don't know about them. I think the hardest thing to do is make a typical Wii owner care about their gamesy

Nop, there's one thing harder: make typical PS360 owners care about their games.


We're still waiting for one.

That's right. They still haven't made or published a PS3 title.


But the very fact they are niche market titles would ensure financial failure when HD costs come into play.



 

outlawauron said:
Aiemond said:
mjc2021 said:
bardicverse said:
Seriously, promote the game better. Put demos in people's hands, create street teams handing otu demos at public events, and stop crying.

You're assuming people just don't know about them. I think the hardest thing to do is make a typical Wii owner care about their games.

except that tons of games sell on the wii very well? Of course people do not know about them, there is no promotion. How are they supposed to know. And the bias and bullshit in your small post is astounding. Typical wii owner? Wait, this attitude....

 

are you a dev?

Hear him out. He's talking about Japan, not America or Europe.

 

And Marvelous games simply do not sell well on the Wii.

yet the company itself said it promoted them bad ans that prolly has to do with the bad sales. So really, how do we know how the games would sell if they got promoted at all? Lets look at your fav game VC. It sold bad in the US and Europe when it first came out. It also did not sell well in japan. But, now that the anime has come out, along with more promotion it has made much better sales.

 

If marvelous wants to sell games then there needs to be some form of promotion. It does not have to be budget breaking, but games no one knows about will not sell.

 

you say they do not sell on wii. Where will they sell?



Now Playing: The Witcher (PC)

Consoles Owned: NES, SNES, N64, PS1, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, Game Boy, DS

After playing Arc Rise Fantasia myself, I cried seeing its opening week sales.



routsounmanman said:
After playing Arc Rise Fantasia myself, I cried seeing its opening week sales.

The game is awesome



     

 

Around the Network

I'll be buying No More Heroes, Rune Factory Frontier, and Little King's Story at some point, but I live in the States and not Japan, so I guess it doesn't matter for Marvelous.



NNID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing/Backlog:
Wii U - Currently Gaming Like It's 2014 (Hyrule Warriors) - 11 games in backlog
3DS - Currently Gaming Like It's 2013 (Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon) - 7 games in backlog
PC - Currently Gaming Like It's 1998 (Half-Life) - 5 games in backlog
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links

Gamerace said:
outlawauron said:
mjc2021 said:
Dazkarieh said:
mjc2021 said:
bardicverse said:
Seriously, promote the game better. Put demos in people's hands, create street teams handing otu demos at public events, and stop crying.

You're assuming people just don't know about them. I think the hardest thing to do is make a typical Wii owner care about their gamesy

Nop, there's one thing harder: make typical PS360 owners care about their games.


We're still waiting for one.

That's right. They still haven't made or published a PS3 title.


But the very fact they are niche market titles would ensure financial failure when HD costs come into play.

That would be true, but the PS3 offerings from NIS have done quite well. After the intial game released, and now we are seeing more games from them. They are obviously happy.

Even Valkyria Chronicles has found some success.



Dazkarieh said:
routsounmanman said:
After playing Arc Rise Fantasia myself, I cried seeing its opening week sales.

The game is awesome

It's way beyond awesome; I can't wait for a Western release as my Japanese is very limited.



Low sales are inevitable in Japan. The closed minded little munchkins don't buy anything nowadays except for the same recycled garbage over and over again.



|Y|A|O|I|
¯¯¯¯¯¯My anti-drug™

Incandescence said:
Low sales are inevitable in Japan. The closed minded little munchkins don't buy anything nowadays except for the same recycled garbage over and over again.