Quantcast
New Super Mario Bros Wii announced!

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Super Mario Bros Wii announced!

Woot. First new 2D Mario console game since 1991, IIRC.

Of course, the name could use some work. Shouldn't it be "Newer Super Mario Bros" followed by "Even Newer Super Mario Bros" and the inevitable spin-off "Brand New Super Mario Bros". Or they could really have screwed with everyone and called it "Super Mario Word 3".

I'd suggest "Super Mario Bros 4", but I'm holding out hope for an NES Super Mario Bros 4, like Mega Man 9.



Around the Network
volrath50 said:
Woot. First new 2D Mario console game since 1991, IIRC.

Of course, the name could use some work. Shouldn't it be "Newer Super Mario Bros" followed by "Even Newer Super Mario Bros" and the inevitable spin-off "Brand New Super Mario Bros". Or they could really have screwed with everyone and called it "Super Mario Word 3".

I'd suggest "Super Mario Bros 4", but I'm holding out hope for an NES Super Mario Bros 4, like Mega Man 9.

Considering it is a game for 4 people, you would think that title would be a no brainer, but you just never know with Nintendo.



 



Words Of Wisdom said:
Kenology said:
uno said:
i hope there is some online play.

This.

It's absolutely necessary.

You should make RL friends.  

That's where I'm betting 90% of my time with it will be--playing with a bunch of real/non-online friends.

Online is a bonus but not essential.

Right, because none of us have "real" friends who moved away for university and/or a job, who we'd like to play this game with.

 

Words of Wisdom!



wfz said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
Kenology said:
uno said:
i hope there is some online play.

This.

It's absolutely necessary.

You should make RL friends.  

That's where I'm betting 90% of my time with it will be--playing with a bunch of real/non-online friends.

Online is a bonus but not essential.

Right, because none of us have "real" friends who moved away for university and/or a job, who we'd like to play this game with.

 

Words of Wisdom!

I'm sure you do.  That's why online is a bonus.  That's the way I see it and it's pretty much how Nintendo probably sees it.

Remember, Nintendo has said over and over that they're about getting people actually moving around and playing together.  Moving gaming to something that groups of people do together in person and away from something you do alone or with internet friends is the trend they've shown with their statements and their games thus far.



hmm two toads? why not princess peach like super mario bros. 2. I WANT FLOATING POWER!!! other than that the game looks like loads of fun!



Never argue with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Brawl FC: 0473-7449-8088

Around the Network
ugg1020 said:
hmm two toads? why not princess peach like super mario bros. 2. I WANT FLOATING POWER!!! other than that the game looks like loads of fun!

Yeah I hope there are other characters to choose from besides two toads.



Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

 

Maybe other characters are unlockable. Peach, Wario, Baby Mario, etc.



You can use Yoshi in NSMB Wii... look at IGN images...

http://wii.ign.com/dor/objects/14354229/new-super-mario-wii/images/e3-2009-new-super-mario-screens-20090602012014206.html



Soundwave said:
Maybe other characters are unlockable. Peach, Wario, Baby Mario, etc.

That would be good if the characters played differently like in Super Mario Bros 2 but I think in this game they all play the same so they might as well just let you choose anyone from the start.  No reward unlocking characters that play exactly like the one you just used to unlock them.



Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

 

Sounded good until people started mentioning LBP...

Hopefully it's a better platformer.

Two different colored toads? Why not bring back Princess and have the ole SMB2 cast together.