Quantcast
Tales of Graces new info (longest Tales game ever?)

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Tales of Graces new info (longest Tales game ever?)

60-70 hours is a long game, hopefully the story/battle system keeps it interesting...nothing like forcing yourself to play a 60 hour game * remembers FF12*



Around the Network

Oh shit that is a long game. May be a little too long of a single player for me but interesting. Wonder how long it is with the side quests and extras.



Zucas said:
Oh shit that is a long game. May be a little too long of a single player for me but interesting. Wonder how long it is with the side quests and extras.

I can see why.  I felt the same way about SO3 since a quarter or as much as a third of the time I spend playing just grinding the characters.

 





lulz, Asbel even has a spin kick like Suzaku.




Riachu said:
Zucas said:
Oh shit that is a long game. May be a little too long of a single player for me but interesting. Wonder how long it is with the side quests and extras.

I can see why.  I felt the same way about SO3 since a quarter or as much as a third of the time I spend playing just grinding the characters.

 

 

I mean if that 60-70 hours is pure storyline development and main missions then I will have no problem.  But if he's counting in a lot of petty things then that's where it'll get me.  But I like the two Tales games I've played thus far so I'm sure I'll have no problem with this one.



Around the Network

I mean, I'm not sure if I should be excited about the length or not. My favorite rpg is chrono trigger and that story was pretty short by today's standards.

It really depends if they can keep the gameplay and story fresh and interesting long enough for me to not get bored playing it.



"Pier was a chef, a gifted and respected chef who made millions selling his dishes to the residents of New York City and Boston, he even had a famous jingle playing in those cities that everyone knew by heart. He also had a restaurant in Los Angeles, but not expecting LA to have such a massive population he only used his name on that restaurant and left it to his least capable and cheapest chefs. While his New York restaurant sold kobe beef for $100 and his Boston restaurant sold lobster for $50, his LA restaurant sold cheap hotdogs for $30. Initially these hot dogs sold fairly well because residents of los angeles were starving for good food and hoped that the famous name would denote a high quality, but most were disappointed with what they ate. Seeing the success of his cheap hot dogs in LA, Pier thought "why bother giving Los Angeles quality meats when I can oversell them on cheap hotdogs forever, and since I don't care about the product anyways, why bother advertising them? So Pier continued to only sell cheap hotdogs in LA and was surprised to see that they no longer sold. Pier's conclusion? Residents of Los Angeles don't like food."

"The so-called "hardcore" gamer is a marketing brainwashed, innovation shunting, self-righteous idiot who pays videogame makers far too much money than what is delivered."

I hope it turns out to be good.



Zucas said:
Riachu said:
Zucas said:
Oh shit that is a long game. May be a little too long of a single player for me but interesting. Wonder how long it is with the side quests and extras.

I can see why.  I felt the same way about SO3 since a quarter or as much as a third of the time I spend playing just grinding the characters.

 

 

I mean if that 60-70 hours is pure storyline development and main missions then I will have no problem.  But if he's counting in a lot of petty things then that's where it'll get me.  But I like the two Tales games I've played thus far so I'm sure I'll have no problem with this one.

I see no reason why ToG would suffer from the "making people doing petty things to artificially lengthen the game" syndrome.  ToV, or atleast from what I have been hearing, has some of the best pacing in the series as well as of any JRPG this gen.

 



but is TOV 60 hours???



This is my second most anticipated Wii games which is amazing because the Tales series is my favorite series of games ( non-nintendo). My number one is Silent Hill: Shattered Memories. Looks like a friggin 360 game on Wii. It pushes the bar past RE4 on the Cube.



NINTENDO

nintendo forever . . .