Quantcast
Will God of War III and FFXIII outsell Halo 3's opening week?

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will God of War III and FFXIII outsell Halo 3's opening week?

@ CaseyDDR

right well all anyone has to do is look at your sig and see which side of the isle your on. And while I agree john isn't doing a great job in terms of arguing his point thething is Halo really is more popular in terms of brand awareness. In fact MUCH more popular. GT's sales are obviously better but the thing is Halo has a huge name OUTSIDE of units sold. Hell my freaking 45 year old mom made me show her all the cutscenes on Halo Wars cause she thinks its a sweet story. She didn't buy a unit but she's still a fan. See what I'm saying? Brand name wise Halo is much larger than GT OUTSIDE of the core gaming community.



Around the Network

I dont mean this to be mean but i find halo games to have an extremly pour story if you didn't read the book then all you know about halo is your a green super soldier trying to kill aliens and there giant halo rings so i have no clue how your grandma would be a fan of the story unless she reads the books show her a true game with story like mgs



<a href="http://www.us.playstation.com/PSN/Users/PapaZX"><img src="http://pid.us.playstation.com/user/PapaZX.jpg" width="235" height="149" border="0" /></a>

BenVTrigger said:
@ CaseyDDR

right well all anyone has to do is look at your sig and see which side of the isle your on. And while I agree john isn't doing a great job in terms of arguing his point thething is Halo really is more popular in terms of brand awareness. In fact MUCH more popular. GT's sales are obviously better but the thing is Halo has a huge name OUTSIDE of units sold. Hell my freaking 45 year old mom made me show her all the cutscenes on Halo Wars cause she thinks its a sweet story. She didn't buy a unit but she's still a fan. See what I'm saying? Brand name wise Halo is much larger than GT OUTSIDE of the core gaming community.

 

You are dead right.  That is if there is no world out side on NA.

Cause in Europe Halo is GT's bitch while in Japan Halo does not even exist while GT is possible the biggest non rpg game for that market.

Brand name wise GT is known world wide, Halo is not.

 

CaseyDDR said: Not really, Twingo is trouncing all over him and John keeps coming back for more :/ I don't get it really.

Hope it has been as fun for you as it has for me.

 

 

 

 



@Papazx

right well I said mom but way to go straight into name calling mode. Either way the whole point I was making was that in terms of BRAND AWARENESS Halo is more popular end of story. Sales, thats still to be determined in this generation. Last gen GT was cleary more popular in terms of sales.



Srry i meant to say your mom, but you cant say halo has a higher BRAND AWARENESS then GT because GT5 hasnt been released yet so all we can really do is make predictions



<a href="http://www.us.playstation.com/PSN/Users/PapaZX"><img src="http://pid.us.playstation.com/user/PapaZX.jpg" width="235" height="149" border="0" /></a>

Around the Network

@ twingo

still missing the point. I'm talking about pure BRAND AWARENESS. GT does VERY little to draw attention to itself outside of just strictly video games.Halo has novels, the soda cans, blah blah blah. While someone may not enjoy these thing or buy them it still is one more person who can RECOGNIZE the name Halo. I do of course realize GT is more popular in terms of sales in EU however I would still argue that Halo has huge brand awareness there. You see the point? I'm not saying Halo is larger in terms of the amount of people that enjoy the games or buy them because GT is obviously far larger in multiple territories. I'm saying its larger in terms of being a recognizable Intellectual Property.



If you combine them, they have a slight chance. And that's assuming that God of War III will be a huge blockbuster which I don't think it will be.



 

 

BenVTrigger said:
@ twingo

still missing the point. I'm talking about pure BRAND AWARENESS. GT does VERY little to draw attention to itself outside of just strictly video games.Halo has novels, the soda cans, blah blah blah. While someone may not enjoy these thing or buy them it still is one more person who can RECOGNIZE the name Halo. I do of course realize GT is more popular in terms of sales in EU however I would still argue that Halo has huge brand awareness there. You see the point? I'm not saying Halo is larger in terms of the amount of people that enjoy the games or buy them because GT is obviously far larger in multiple territories. I'm saying its larger in terms of being a recognizable Intellectual Property.

 

Its a freaking racer, so yahh no story books for it.

You want brand awareness.

PD helped design the Visual instruemenmt tv thing on the skyline, they desinged a freaking car "GT Citroen" with a major car manafactuer.  Will be in GT5.

They give out a official GT award at Sema, nobodys dont get to do that there.

Freaking Ferrari debuted a new model using GT video, used it to show the Ferrari California.

GT3 was featured in a BMW commercial.

There are official GT model car kits.

GT is responcible for the EVO and Skyline becoming popular enough for their makers to import and sale in the USA.

There have been special edition GT made for major manafactuers.  They used them to advertise their cars. They send out GT demo disks for people to test their cars.

BMW 1 series
Toyota Prius
Nissan Micra
Nissan 350z

Had those demo things done.

 



Papazx said:

I dont mean this to be mean but i find halo games to have an extremly pour story if you didn't read the book then all you know about halo is your a green super soldier trying to kill aliens and there giant halo rings so i have no clue how your grandma would be a fan of the story unless she reads the books show her a true game with story like mgs

 

We've learn quite some new stuff via Halo Wars (set 20 years back) but you are right about it.

Note that MGS story is the opposite... it is a bit over complicated for no purposes.... no real big message, more a lot of little ones...



 

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

*applauds*



<a href="http://www.us.playstation.com/PSN/Users/PapaZX"><img src="http://pid.us.playstation.com/user/PapaZX.jpg" width="235" height="149" border="0" /></a>