Quantcast
Full Metal Alchemist 2: Brotherhood airs April 5th

Forums - General Discussion - Full Metal Alchemist 2: Brotherhood airs April 5th

I dont think we can judge the series yet. They are just catching everyone up. But to tell you the truth, if I hadnt seen the first season, I would be soooo lost lol.



Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

Around the Network
DeltaXIII said:
youjiro said:
ok so i just watched the second episode and realised that they have really shortened the back story and completel skipped over the filler episodes that were there at the start of the 1st season.

Its got me wondering if this series is only going to be 25ish epsiodes or 50 full episodes like the last of the anime series.

 

 I read before that they plan for this series to end in about a year (coinciding with when the manga is expected to end), and there are approximately 52 weeks in a year, so it would make sense for it to be around 50 again. I haven't read the manga, so I don't know the pacing there, but they may also be shortening the front end somewhat so that they can get to the later/new content faster for people who saw the original version.

Thats great, because i remember thinking that towards the end of the first anime of FMA i felt the storyline was a little bit rushed an they could of done more with it.

 

@lolita: ye whenever japanese voices are in anime if its a little kid it always sounds like a girl (a little fact for you, the english voice for ash from pokemon was actually a woman), but i find i get used to it, and then find english dubs unbearable. TO be honest i dont think theres anything wrong with Ed's voice, but then again i'm used to see since i watched the first FMA like 2 times over

 



wii friend code: 3164-3458-9149-5470

PSN ID: youjiro87

360 Gamertag: PM me to find out!

can someone keep me update? XD its hard too.



I like Ed's JP voice...

Episode 2 is good too though they skipped through the backstory too quickly. Still love the "Truth" scene and the whole monster thing they made out of the transmutation...creepiest scene in anime ever IMO :3 It was more creepier in the first season though.

Anyway, they better introduce Greed---THE best Homonculus---soon.




youjiro said:

@lolita: ye whenever japanese voices are in anime if its a little kid it always sounds like a girl (a little fact for you, the english voice for ash from pokemon was actually a woman), but i find i get used to it, and then find english dubs unbearable. TO be honest i dont think theres anything wrong with Ed's voice, but then again i'm used to see since i watched the first FMA like 2 times over

 

I know that for kids but Ed isn't a kid right? He's like 15... And there's some Japanese voices I'll never get used to, like Goku's voice. *Shivers* Also, by logic, if you have to get used to something, it must not be very good... I didn't need to get used to the English voices, it sounded good to me from the very start.

And I did try with the first serie they made but I checked out the English dubs and found the voices way more fitting. I really don't get people who have this mentality that Japanese everything is sooooo much better. It annoys me. (Not aimed at you, just saying.)



Around the Network

lolita said:

I know that for kids but Ed isn't a kid right? He's like 15... And there's some Japanese voices I'll never get used to, like Goku's voice. *Shivers* Also, by logic, if you have to get used to something, it must not be very good... I didn't need to get used to the English voices, it sounded good to me from the very start.

And I did try with the first serie they made but I checked out the English dubs and found the voices way more fitting. I really don't get people who have this mentality that Japanese everything is sooooo much better. It annoys me. (Not aimed at you, just saying.)

 

If I recall correctly, the English voices for the show were generally alright, but Al's English voice made it very difficult for me to listen to.

Usually I prefer the Japanese voices, but for Tenchi Muyo, since I watched it originally in English, the Japanese voices seem very weird.



 

DeltaXIII said:

lolita said:

I know that for kids but Ed isn't a kid right? He's like 15... And there's some Japanese voices I'll never get used to, like Goku's voice. *Shivers* Also, by logic, if you have to get used to something, it must not be very good... I didn't need to get used to the English voices, it sounded good to me from the very start.

And I did try with the first serie they made but I checked out the English dubs and found the voices way more fitting. I really don't get people who have this mentality that Japanese everything is sooooo much better. It annoys me. (Not aimed at you, just saying.)

 

If I recall correctly, the English voices for the show were generally alright, but Al's English voice made it very difficult for me to listen to.

Usually I prefer the Japanese voices, but for Tenchi Muyo, since I watched it originally in English, the Japanese voices seem very weird.

I agree with you here. I remember as a kid i watched escaflowne, gundam wing and outlaw star in english dub. i rewatched these a couple years later in japanese dubs and the japanese voice overs sounded very strange. i guess whatever you hear first will generally sound better. but altogether i just think that sentences in japanese sound so much more cooler then in english



wii friend code: 3164-3458-9149-5470

PSN ID: youjiro87

360 Gamertag: PM me to find out!

youjiro said:
DeltaXIII said:

lolita said:

I know that for kids but Ed isn't a kid right? He's like 15... And there's some Japanese voices I'll never get used to, like Goku's voice. *Shivers* Also, by logic, if you have to get used to something, it must not be very good... I didn't need to get used to the English voices, it sounded good to me from the very start.

And I did try with the first serie they made but I checked out the English dubs and found the voices way more fitting. I really don't get people who have this mentality that Japanese everything is sooooo much better. It annoys me. (Not aimed at you, just saying.)

 

If I recall correctly, the English voices for the show were generally alright, but Al's English voice made it very difficult for me to listen to.

Usually I prefer the Japanese voices, but for Tenchi Muyo, since I watched it originally in English, the Japanese voices seem very weird.

I agree with you here. I remember as a kid i watched escaflowne, gundam wing and outlaw star in english dub. i rewatched these a couple years later in japanese dubs and the japanese voice overs sounded very strange. i guess whatever you hear first will generally sound better. but altogether i just think that sentences in japanese sound so much more cooler then in english

 

That's because if English is your first language, you can easily tell when there is bad voice acting. In Japanese... Your not as used to it so it sounds almost....decent...



 

 

watched the first episode , more action oriented it seems which is ................ GREAT.
Liked the opening and the closing songs too.
for the guys who are watching it for the first time , u may be lost , wait more and u will know the story better :D



Edward is voiced by a girl? That's... gay... I can't watch it now... Edward is a girl... oh god...OH GOD.