Quantcast
Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars is the highest rated DS game on metacritic

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars is the highest rated DS game on metacritic

I didn't like gta4 because no matter how much u move the analog stick, u still move at the same pace. What's the point of having an analog stick in a 3D third-person game if ur not gonna use analog controls.

I hope they improve the controls in this game.



Around the Network
pastro243 said:
vonboy said:
but does that means it's actually a good game, unlike gta4?

 

 

If you go by reviews GTA4 is better.

And I dont see why people think gta4 is shit, its great :P

People usually don't think GTA4 is shit but know the game is wayyy overrated. Why would that game be among the best ''rated'' games of all time I mean the game is good but far to be among the top 10 imo.

 



frybread said:

vonboy said:
but does that means it's actually a good game, unlike gta4?

GTA 4 is the highest rated game in history.  So you tell me what reviews mean.

 

Ocarina of Time says hi.

 



That high of a score? Now i'm really confused. Gameplay has to be unbelievable.



Snesboy said:
frybread said:

vonboy said:
but does that means it's actually a good game, unlike gta4?

GTA 4 is the highest rated game in history.  So you tell me what reviews mean.

 

Ocarina of Time says hi.

 

For having seen a lot of threads on that matter I have to say that Ocarina of Time deserves its title of best game ever.

 



Around the Network
atma998 said:
pastro243 said:
vonboy said:
but does that means it's actually a good game, unlike gta4?

 

 

If you go by reviews GTA4 is better.

And I dont see why people think gta4 is shit, its great :P

People usually don't think GTA4 is shit but know the game is wayyy overrated. Why would that game be among the best ''rated'' games of all time I mean the game is good but far to be among the top 10 imo.

 

Thats your opinion, as there are people that think its the best game of all time, and as the opinions on the ones who gave the perfect scores in their reviews. It wasnt my point in the last post, its just that the gta4 bashing is  turning  in something seen as cool its like: "yeah Im a great gamer and think gta4 is overated" and many havent even played it.

Now, I dont think gta4 is the best game of all time, I have my persomnal favorites but at this point I cant say those are the best games of all time, but I think gta4 is better than chinatown wars(havent even played it, but thats what my common sense says xD).

And I was pointing that someone said this game was great compared to gta4 going by the reviews its getting, forgeting gta4 has gotten the best reviews in this gen and it could be debatable if the 3o reviews Oot has are comparable to the near 100 gta4 has, so the logic he used was flawed.

 



frybread said:

vonboy said:
but does that means it's actually a good game, unlike gta4?

GTA 4 is the highest rated game in history.  So you tell me what reviews mean.

 

 

...The Legend of Zelda:Orcorina of Time is NOT GTA4...so now you tell me what reviews mean...



hello how are you.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
Riot Of The Blood said:
I doubt this game is actually that good.

I could not imagine this being better than the GTA game on the PSP, but that's just me. At least the DS has a new type of game in it's library.

 

I haven't even played Chinatown Wars yet Riot, but...anything is better than the GTA on PSP. That mediocre port of a PS2 game did nothing new and everything worse than its console counterparts. It sounds like bias is coloring your opinion. WTF man, the PSP GTA? Ugh.

I haven't played China Wars, neither, so the game could very well be better the PSP GTA games. However, I feel games should be judged from a technical stanpoint. And from what I can see, the PSP's GTA games are superior in that regard. You and me both wont know for sure until we sit down and play both games, however.

To sum up what I'm saying: Even if you were to like Tales of Symphonia 2's story better, you can not say it's a better game than Tales of Vesperia. It just techniclly isn't no matter how much more you enjoyed Symphonia 2.

If the PSP GTA is better technically -- more content, better graphics, longer, bigger, ect -- then it should be considered the better game between the two. This isn't bias coloring my opinion, Zenfolder, it's a long-time belief of how games should be judged when being reviewed or compared. One of the reasons I always say a Wii game could never be as good as a PS3 game. Or even last-gen I always stuck to my belief that a PS2 game could never match the quality of a Gamecube game.

 



I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!


Riot Of The Blood said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Riot Of The Blood said:
I doubt this game is actually that good.

I could not imagine this being better than the GTA game on the PSP, but that's just me. At least the DS has a new type of game in it's library.

 

I haven't even played Chinatown Wars yet Riot, but...anything is better than the GTA on PSP. That mediocre port of a PS2 game did nothing new and everything worse than its console counterparts. It sounds like bias is coloring your opinion. WTF man, the PSP GTA? Ugh.

I haven't played China Wars, neither, so the game could very well be better the PSP GTA games. However, I feel games should be judged from a technical stanpoint. And from what I can see, the PSP's GTA games are superior in that regard. You and me both wont know for sure until we sit down and play both games, however.

To sum up what I'm saying: Even if you were to like Tales of Symphonia 2's story better, you can not say it's a better game than Tales of Vesperia. It just techniclly isn't no matter how much more you enjoyed Symphonia 2.

If the PSP GTA is better technically -- more content, better graphics, longer, bigger, ect -- then it should be considered the better game between the two. This isn't bias coloring my opinion, Zenfolder, it's a long-time belief of how games should be judged when being reviewed or compared. One of the reasons I always say a Wii game could never be as good as a PS3 game. Or even last-gen I always stuck to my belief that a PS2 game could never match the quality of a Gamecube game.

 

 

Well, s'long as I enjoy one game more than the other, I'm fine with whatever people have to say about it.



|Y|A|O|I|
¯¯¯¯¯¯My anti-drug™

still #1