Quantcast
Punch out: New info

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Punch out: New info

Classic controller support = fail.


Especially if it has online fights. Classic controls will kick wiimote/nunchuck controls ass, just like in Mario Kart, just like in SSBB. It will mean to be competitive will end up being forced to use classic control also.



________________________________________________________________

Around the Network

Wii Motion Plus is so need so is dual wiimotes so is dual wii motion plus.

Every control option they can get must be in here.



KylieDog said:
Classic controller support = fail.


Especially if it has online fights. Classic controls will kick wiimote/nunchuck controls ass, just like in Mario Kart, just like in SSBB. It will mean to be competitive will end up being forced to use classic control also.

 

 except Mario Kart Wii  motion controls are just as good. for mario kart whatever controlyou use more is the one you become best with. Wii Wheel has advantages over the classic control.



KylieDog said:
Classic controller support = fail.


Especially if it has online fights. Classic controls will kick wiimote/nunchuck controls ass, just like in Mario Kart, just like in SSBB. It will mean to be competitive will end up being forced to use classic control also.

 

This is true.  I wish they could make online so that if ur using wiimote/nunchuk combo u ONLY play ppl using same configuration as u are.

Mario Kart is so cheap when ppl use gamecube controller, it may be easier to play that way but 100x more boring.



TruckOSaurus said:
alfredofroylan said:
TruckOSaurus said:
Very nice, I'll be playing with motion controls, I'm sure they'll pull it off great!

Also, who the hell is Doc Louis? Is that the name of your trainer? Cause I really don't remember fighting someone named Doc Louis.

Yes is your trainer.

 

Okay I didn't remember his name but I remember him. I just finished a round... I barely made it alive... I'm looking for some good advice... but all he says is... "Join the Nintendo fun Club today!". Talk about shameless advertizing!

 

 

 Whats so shameless about it, All the fun club was, was a free newsletter with game hints and tricks, which became so popular that Nintendo started Nintendo Power

 

I was an orinigal Fun Club member (sad part is I can still remember my fun club/NP subscription #)

Does anyone think some of the fighters from Super Punch-out!! will make it into the game

I also cant wait to see what kinda new boxers make it into the game as Ive wanted a new punchout for ages



Around the Network
KylieDog said:
Classic controller support = fail.


Especially if it has online fights. Classic controls will kick wiimote/nunchuck controls ass, just like in Mario Kart, just like in SSBB. It will mean to be competitive will end up being forced to use classic control also.

I have no problem hanging with the best I've met randomly online with just motion controls and a kart, even up against people with bikes and GC controllers.

Anyways, I sort of doubt there will be multiplayer, as punch-out doesn't lend to multiplayer very well at all. You have little mac who is a standard boxer vs. special dudes with 1-2 weeknesses. I think they would have to revamp the game if they wanted to do multiplayer.




If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

samus086 said:
TruckOSaurus said:
alfredofroylan said:
TruckOSaurus said:
Very nice, I'll be playing with motion controls, I'm sure they'll pull it off great!

Also, who the hell is Doc Louis? Is that the name of your trainer? Cause I really don't remember fighting someone named Doc Louis.

Yes is your trainer.

 

Okay I didn't remember his name but I remember him. I just finished a round... I barely made it alive... I'm looking for some good advice... but all he says is... "Join the Nintendo fun Club today!". Talk about shameless advertizing!

 

 

 Whats so shameless about it, All the fun club was, was a free newsletter with game hints and tricks, which became so popular that Nintendo started Nintendo Power

 

I was an orinigal Fun Club member (sad part is I can still remember my fun club/NP subscription #)

Does anyone think some of the fighters from Super Punch-out!! will make it into the game

I also cant wait to see what kinda new boxers make it into the game as Ive wanted a new punchout for ages

 

Now they'll say "Join Club Nintendo today!, register all your Nintendo games!" just to keep the shameless plugs and nostalgia going.

I'm too young to remember the original fan club :'( but I did have a huge stack of Nintendo Power magazines, used to love the comics, I'd love Nintendo Power make a comic for Twilight Princess like they did for Link to the Past.  Or even bring back the classic Mario comics, it was really out there, having Luigi as the princess and the princess as Luigi, no wonder I have taste for the stylized games now and like odd TV shows (shin chan FTW)



MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

MaxwellGT2000 said:
samus086 said:
TruckOSaurus said:
alfredofroylan said:
TruckOSaurus said:
Very nice, I'll be playing with motion controls, I'm sure they'll pull it off great!

Also, who the hell is Doc Louis? Is that the name of your trainer? Cause I really don't remember fighting someone named Doc Louis.

Yes is your trainer.

 

Okay I didn't remember his name but I remember him. I just finished a round... I barely made it alive... I'm looking for some good advice... but all he says is... "Join the Nintendo fun Club today!". Talk about shameless advertizing!

 

 

 Whats so shameless about it, All the fun club was, was a free newsletter with game hints and tricks, which became so popular that Nintendo started Nintendo Power

 

I was an orinigal Fun Club member (sad part is I can still remember my fun club/NP subscription #)

Does anyone think some of the fighters from Super Punch-out!! will make it into the game

I also cant wait to see what kinda new boxers make it into the game as Ive wanted a new punchout for ages

 

Now they'll say "Join Club Nintendo today!, register all your Nintendo games!" just to keep the shameless plugs and nostalgia going.

I'm too young to remember the original fan club :'( but I did have a huge stack of Nintendo Power magazines, used to love the comics, I'd love Nintendo Power make a comic for Twilight Princess like they did for Link to the Past.  Or even bring back the classic Mario comics, it was really out there, having Luigi as the princess and the princess as Luigi, no wonder I have taste for the stylized games now and like odd TV shows (shin chan FTW)

 

 

well, that could be considered shameless, but free stuff for your opinions and info on games you have purchased is still a good idea...

I liked the Howard and Nester comics better

wonder if they will add training elements into the game, like speedbag and power punches..? would be kinda weird, because I kinda like the pick up and play style of the old titles



No point in using motion controls if I can do the same thing only much faster with standard buttons.



Never played Punch-Out and it looks like a cool, fun, single player experience but not a boxing sim by any stretch.

For those looking for something that will feel like boxing with balance board support for leaning and ducking and online and vs modes - look no further than Don King Presents

http://www.gamespot.com/sports/blogs/sports-blog/909097139/26785198/looking-for-crotch-shots-in-don-king-boxing.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=picks&tag=picks;title;5