Quantcast
GTA 5 To Be PS3 Bound? By Megaman2

Forums - Sony Discussion - GTA 5 To Be PS3 Bound? By Megaman2

There has been recent discussion of the exclusivity of Grand Theft Auto 5, regarding the statements Rockstar has made toward the Xbox 360. This is a two sided article formed by two different opinions on why Grand Theft Auto 5 will or will not be exclusive to the PS3.

Joseph DiGrado
Grand Theft Auto 4 was one of the best selling games in history. It had so much hype behind it that caused the game to do unmatched sales numbers. I think for Grand Theft Auto 5 to be exclusive to the PS3, Sony would have to sign an exclusive contract deal with Rockstar. For Rockstar to make Grand Theft Auto 5 a third party exclusive, would be the most foolish move to make, especially in the midst of a recession. Gran Theft Auto 5 should be multiplatform in my opinion because of all the extra money it would rack in and it would be available for most gamers (to those who own only one console). Anything can happen and I’m sure Rockstar will make a smart decision.

Nick McCandless
Although it has yet to be confirmed, I have a very good feeling that Grand Theft Auto 5 will be exclusive to the PlayStation 3. The reason I think this will happen is because Rockstar stated awhile back that they did not like the storage limit for their game. They wanted to keep it on one disc, but to do this; they had to sacrifice much, according to Rockstar. They have also stated that they do not want to have such a small capacity with the next Grand Theft Auto. The second reason I feel Grand Theft Auto 5 will go exclusive is because Sony has stated that there is a Rockstar title coming exclusively to the PlayStation 3.

As you can see, it could end up going either way. It would be smart for them to keep it multiplatform so that they can make more profit, but Rockstar has stated that they do not like the small capacity that a DVD-9 is limited to. We will just have to wait and see what happens but either way, Grand Theft Auto 5 should be another masterpiece to the series.

http://www.thegameraccess.com/2009/02/gta-5-to-be-ps3-bound/

Megaman 2 posts his theory!

With games such as Metal Gear solid 4, Killzone 2 raising the bar for gaming to new heights. With these games only being possible on the Playstation 3 and with games such as God of War 3, Uncharted 2 and Gran turismo 5 poised to take gaming even further.

Rockstar wants to raise the bar even further with many gamers being dissapointed with Grand Theft Auto 4, Rockstar is looking to take Grand Theft auto 5 to new heights and this can only be possible on the Playstation 3. They will be looking to take full advantage of the Blu Ray disc and the sheer power of the Ps3 therefore making the game mulitiplatform will mean that Rockstar will have to limit the ps3's Gta5 potential, and Rockstar is not willing to risk that and therefore im speculating that GTA5 will be exclusive to the Ps3!



Around the Network

Why don't just make multidisc for X360 ver?



NSS7 said:
Why don't just make multidisc for X360 ver?

Great analysis but this will downgrade the x360 version, and multi-disc games are last gen my friend

 



multi disc games are the answer here, why wouldn't devs do it? I mean, is there so kind of shame to using multiple discs for games? Some unwritten dev law?

Besides, who in their right mind would put a game like that on the console with the lowest userbase?



If i lose access to this profile as well....I'm done with this site.....You've been warned!!.....whoever you are...

Happy Wii60 user. Me and my family are a perfect example of where hardcore meets casual and together mutate into something awesome.

yanamaster said:
multi disc games are the answer here, why wouldn't devs do it? I mean, is there so kind of shame to using multiple discs for games? Some unwritten dev law?

Besides, who in their right mind would put a game like that on the console with the lowest userbase?

The ps3 is the home of true gamers and gta franchise, despite the low userbase gta4 sold better on ps3 when looking at the attach rate!

 



Around the Network

gta 5 will be a wii exclusive



megaman2 said:
NSS7 said:
Why don't just make multidisc for X360 ver?

Great analysis but this will downgrade the x360 version, and multi-disc games are last gen my friend

 

 

yeah and rockstar sure will pass on the best selling version because they want to be current-gen???

very good logic my friend.



megaman2 said:

Rockstar wants to raise the bar even further with many gamers being dissapointed with Grand Theft Auto 4, Rockstar is looking to take Grand Theft auto 5 to new heights and this can only be possible on the Playstation 3. They will be looking to take full advantage of the Blu Ray disc and the sheer power of the Ps3 therefore making the game mulitiplatform will mean that Rockstar will have to limit the ps3's Gta5 potential, and Rockstar is not willing to risk that and therefore im speculating that GTA5 will be exclusive to the Ps3!

 

You are totally missing an important factor: Since the HDD prices for the Xbox 360 dropped and Microsoft enabled playing from the HDD this problem isn't as suggnificant as some people might believe.

Even more important: Rocktar Games is probably hno longer so interested in these sizes. While GTA 4 was a big success on the number of sales it wan't quite as successful financially. It paid its bills, but due to the huge development costs it didn't make a big profit.

You think multi disc games were last gen? I think some of ther developers think if big profits were last gen also? The price will play a much bigger role than the size of the games!

They probably worry miore about a GTA version for the Wii, than about a BluRay only version for the PS-3.



GTA5 better be like the older gta games. Mega this thread is going to be your most epic yet, well thats if you dont include all hail the sony leader



Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Multi disc is not the answer to a sandbox game. It really would restrict the freedom of the game.

Just compress the game onto one disc.