Quantcast
I now own a PSP!

Forums - Sony Discussion - I now own a PSP!

MaxwellGT2000 said:
Kantor said:
Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror is one of the best games on PSP. It's a TPS, and yet it works. Face buttons to aim, analog nub to move.

And NOW you can review Chains of Olympus

 

Taken

I had an awesome plan involving banning you and posting and running before Naz found out all written up, then MM told me he didn't have Chains of Olympus

And please, be unbiased. Please. You're a reviewer. Play it through one last time, on God difficulty.



(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

gamrReview - Arthur Kabrick | My All-Time Top 50 | 2013 Metascores

                                        

Around the Network
Kantor said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
outlawauron said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
A good list, Monster Hunter, FFT:WotL, Crisis Core, the Star Ocean titles, Disgaea, Star Wars Battlefront RS, R&C: Size Matters (Secret Agent Clank is actually shorter and not as good, and has no online multiplayer), lots of good driving games, Resistance demo is really fun, Daxter, Final Fantasy 1 & 2 (though you can buy them together on GBA for cheaper), Metal Gear PO, and pretty much everything outlaw listed.

Just please don't waste 40 dollars on God of War: CoO, it's 5 hours long, adds nothing to the series, and way too easy -_-.

Don't listen to him! He hates God of War!

 

I own God of War on PSP, from a totally unbiased view it's flat out 5 hours long, the story adds nothing to the series you could skip it and never miss anything, and yes it's way too easy.

It's seven hours long, play it on Hero, and yes the story adds nothing to the series, but it's an awesome game.

You just don't like GoW, and this clouds your view of CoO. Although why anybody would judge a series based on a handheld iteration is beyond me.

It's extremely good, but not God of War PS2 good.

Uhm no, it's 5 I got the save data to prove it, and I have nothing against the God of War series, I'm personally indifferent, I just hate it when I get God of War shoved in my face all damn day long, it's got good fluid combat, it looks great, my personal view of the story is that it's about par with most video game stories take that as you will, after that it's a stright forward hack'n slash beat em up with a lot of button mashing and as far as the PSP game goes, "puzzles" that really aren't puzzles more like stright forward chores.  Nothing "clouds" my judgement just it's not the end all be all of the genre, and I love a good action title.

Edit: BTW why say "Although why anybody would judge a series based on a handheld iteration is beyond me"?  Are you assuming that I didn't play the console games?  Same way you said "why did you even buy a PS3" when I said I didn't really want God of War III or Killzone 2, just because I don't want a game doesn't mean I won't play it, I really didn't want Call of Duty World at War on Wii but I bought it anyway and enjoyed it a lot, if it's a good game it's a good game it doesn't matter how I view the game before hand and if it turns out great then it's a pleasent surprise and I'll enjoy it a lot.



MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

MaxwellGT2000 said:
Kantor said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
outlawauron said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
A good list, Monster Hunter, FFT:WotL, Crisis Core, the Star Ocean titles, Disgaea, Star Wars Battlefront RS, R&C: Size Matters (Secret Agent Clank is actually shorter and not as good, and has no online multiplayer), lots of good driving games, Resistance demo is really fun, Daxter, Final Fantasy 1 & 2 (though you can buy them together on GBA for cheaper), Metal Gear PO, and pretty much everything outlaw listed.

Just please don't waste 40 dollars on God of War: CoO, it's 5 hours long, adds nothing to the series, and way too easy -_-.

Don't listen to him! He hates God of War!

 

I own God of War on PSP, from a totally unbiased view it's flat out 5 hours long, the story adds nothing to the series you could skip it and never miss anything, and yes it's way too easy.

It's seven hours long, play it on Hero, and yes the story adds nothing to the series, but it's an awesome game.

You just don't like GoW, and this clouds your view of CoO. Although why anybody would judge a series based on a handheld iteration is beyond me.

It's extremely good, but not God of War PS2 good.

Uhm no, it's 5 I got the save data to prove it, and I have nothing against the God of War series, I'm personally indifferent, I just hate it when I get God of War shoved in my face all damn day long, it's got good fluid combat, it looks great, my personal view of the story is that it's about par with most video game stories take that as you will, after that it's a stright forward hack'n slash beat em up with a lot of button mashing and as far as the PSP game goes, "puzzles" that really aren't puzzles more like stright forward chores.  Nothing "clouds" my judgement just it's not the end all be all of the genre, and I love a good action title.

Edit: BTW why say "Although why anybody would judge a series based on a handheld iteration is beyond me"?  Are you assuming that I didn't play the console games?  Same way you said "why did you even buy a PS3" when I said I didn't really want God of War III or Killzone 2, just because I don't want a game doesn't mean I won't play it, I really didn't want Call of Duty World at War on Wii but I bought it anyway and enjoyed it a lot, if it's a good game it's a good game it doesn't matter how I view the game before hand and if it turns out great then it's a pleasent surprise and I'll enjoy it a lot.

Makingmusic told me you hadn't played the PS2 games!

That liar -.-

Anyway, I have the save data to prove it's seven hours.



(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

gamrReview - Arthur Kabrick | My All-Time Top 50 | 2013 Metascores

                                        

Kantor said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
Kantor said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
outlawauron said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
A good list, Monster Hunter, FFT:WotL, Crisis Core, the Star Ocean titles, Disgaea, Star Wars Battlefront RS, R&C: Size Matters (Secret Agent Clank is actually shorter and not as good, and has no online multiplayer), lots of good driving games, Resistance demo is really fun, Daxter, Final Fantasy 1 & 2 (though you can buy them together on GBA for cheaper), Metal Gear PO, and pretty much everything outlaw listed.

Just please don't waste 40 dollars on God of War: CoO, it's 5 hours long, adds nothing to the series, and way too easy -_-.

Don't listen to him! He hates God of War!

 

I own God of War on PSP, from a totally unbiased view it's flat out 5 hours long, the story adds nothing to the series you could skip it and never miss anything, and yes it's way too easy.

It's seven hours long, play it on Hero, and yes the story adds nothing to the series, but it's an awesome game.

You just don't like GoW, and this clouds your view of CoO. Although why anybody would judge a series based on a handheld iteration is beyond me.

It's extremely good, but not God of War PS2 good.

Uhm no, it's 5 I got the save data to prove it, and I have nothing against the God of War series, I'm personally indifferent, I just hate it when I get God of War shoved in my face all damn day long, it's got good fluid combat, it looks great, my personal view of the story is that it's about par with most video game stories take that as you will, after that it's a stright forward hack'n slash beat em up with a lot of button mashing and as far as the PSP game goes, "puzzles" that really aren't puzzles more like stright forward chores.  Nothing "clouds" my judgement just it's not the end all be all of the genre, and I love a good action title.

Edit: BTW why say "Although why anybody would judge a series based on a handheld iteration is beyond me"?  Are you assuming that I didn't play the console games?  Same way you said "why did you even buy a PS3" when I said I didn't really want God of War III or Killzone 2, just because I don't want a game doesn't mean I won't play it, I really didn't want Call of Duty World at War on Wii but I bought it anyway and enjoyed it a lot, if it's a good game it's a good game it doesn't matter how I view the game before hand and if it turns out great then it's a pleasent surprise and I'll enjoy it a lot.

Makingmusic told me you hadn't played the PS2 games!

That liar -.-

Anyway, I have the save data to prove it's seven hours.

 

I told him I haven't played the PS2 games all the way through, played my friends games, it didn't interest me so I never bought them I do however know the whole story and how each boss battle goes, and how the game runs and plays.  

MM knows I played the console games -_-

And I have no idea how it took you seven hours as I sat down one time with the PSP game and beat it, maxed all the equipment and magic out, full bars of HP and Magic, and beat it without breaking a sweat.



MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

makingmusic476 said:
Oh you bastard. So many games!

Btw, does anybody have a date for Patapon 2?

According to Amazon.com, Patapon 2 will be released on Jun 30 in NA.

 



It (PS3's market share) might hit 30%, but definently not more. ~ Neo

Flaming (Calling another user (any user) a fanboy is flaming.) ~ Machina-AX

Around the Network

Lol mm, congrats man,

Get Crisis Core and Monster Hunter Freedom. :D



outlawauron said:

And I absolutely love DJ Max. It's pushing to be my favourite PSP game.

THIS!

MakingMusic, since you are a musician this might be right up your alley. I play all the music games (GH, Taiko, EBA/Ouendan, Beatmania, etc.) and this is right up there with the best.

I highly recommend this game to anyone who enjoys music/rhythm games.

Here's a preview article on IGN.

Hrm... I should write a review of this game.



MaxwellGT2000 said:
Kantor said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
Kantor said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
outlawauron said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
A good list, Monster Hunter, FFT:WotL, Crisis Core, the Star Ocean titles, Disgaea, Star Wars Battlefront RS, R&C: Size Matters (Secret Agent Clank is actually shorter and not as good, and has no online multiplayer), lots of good driving games, Resistance demo is really fun, Daxter, Final Fantasy 1 & 2 (though you can buy them together on GBA for cheaper), Metal Gear PO, and pretty much everything outlaw listed.

Just please don't waste 40 dollars on God of War: CoO, it's 5 hours long, adds nothing to the series, and way too easy -_-.

Don't listen to him! He hates God of War!

 

I own God of War on PSP, from a totally unbiased view it's flat out 5 hours long, the story adds nothing to the series you could skip it and never miss anything, and yes it's way too easy.

It's seven hours long, play it on Hero, and yes the story adds nothing to the series, but it's an awesome game.

You just don't like GoW, and this clouds your view of CoO. Although why anybody would judge a series based on a handheld iteration is beyond me.

It's extremely good, but not God of War PS2 good.

Uhm no, it's 5 I got the save data to prove it, and I have nothing against the God of War series, I'm personally indifferent, I just hate it when I get God of War shoved in my face all damn day long, it's got good fluid combat, it looks great, my personal view of the story is that it's about par with most video game stories take that as you will, after that it's a stright forward hack'n slash beat em up with a lot of button mashing and as far as the PSP game goes, "puzzles" that really aren't puzzles more like stright forward chores.  Nothing "clouds" my judgement just it's not the end all be all of the genre, and I love a good action title.

Edit: BTW why say "Although why anybody would judge a series based on a handheld iteration is beyond me"?  Are you assuming that I didn't play the console games?  Same way you said "why did you even buy a PS3" when I said I didn't really want God of War III or Killzone 2, just because I don't want a game doesn't mean I won't play it, I really didn't want Call of Duty World at War on Wii but I bought it anyway and enjoyed it a lot, if it's a good game it's a good game it doesn't matter how I view the game before hand and if it turns out great then it's a pleasent surprise and I'll enjoy it a lot.

Makingmusic told me you hadn't played the PS2 games!

That liar -.-

Anyway, I have the save data to prove it's seven hours.

 

I told him I haven't played the PS2 games all the way through, played my friends games, it didn't interest me so I never bought them I do however know the whole story and how each boss battle goes, and how the game runs and plays.  

MM knows I played the console games -_-

And I have no idea how it took you seven hours as I sat down one time with the PSP game and beat it, maxed all the equipment and magic out, full bars of HP and Magic, and beat it without breaking a sweat.

I maxed all the equipment and magic, got to highest on magic and I think second highest on health, died quite a few times, took me around 7 hours 15 minutes.

That, and I'm stuck on the second Challenge of Hades. Annoying thing >.<

Maybe I'm just bad at it lol. I remember questioning how the original God of War was 7 hours...it took me closer to 10. God of War 2 was a good 14 hours...that game was awesome.



(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

gamrReview - Arthur Kabrick | My All-Time Top 50 | 2013 Metascores

                                        

Buy MGS portable, the game which blow me away by it cutscenes and story. Then i had to play MGS1, 2. 3 and finally MGS4.



makingmusic476 said:

My thought's on your recommendations, outlaw:

So many games! lol. There are many that I WANT to buy, but very few that I probably will actually end up buying.

I only own three DS games. I'll probably own 5-7 when all is said and done. The same will probably happen with my PSP. I plan to choose wisely, and for the most part avoid RPGs (I can barely finish those on my consoles 0_o), even though I REALLY want Jeanne D'Arc and Final Fantasy Tactics.

I'd really reccomend Crisis Core over FFT. It's all more fun and much less drawn out.