Quantcast
My First Reaction to RE5

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - My First Reaction to RE5

Barozi said:
FishyJoe said:
People used to play without analog sticks. Did that make the games that predated analog sticks terrible? No. However analog sticks made games more fun. Would you want to go back to the controls without analog sticks?

As a former PC gamer, I can answer that with a big YES.

 

i had to quit cus i had carpal tunnel pains in my wrist from too much UT.  couldnt do mouse that long anymore.

i HATED analog controls at first as a substitute, but got used to it.

unfortunately i have no choice.  still tho i loved the mouse, but i HATED using the keyboard to move and do shit.



Last year's game of the year turned out to be Silent Hill : Shattered Memories (online GOTY was COD 6).  This year's GOTY leader to me is Heavy Rain.

Wii Friend Code: 4094-4604-1880-6889

Around the Network

I have no problems switching back and forth between the DualShock 3 and the Wii remote...for motion sensor/IR pointer to actually make a game more 'fun', they must be well implemented of course.

So, RE5 only has analogue sticks, what can you do?....can´t have it all..personally, I got no problems with analogue sticks, even having 'tasted' IR pointer functionality.



Barozi said:
NJ5 said:
Barozi said:
Oh noes ! How dare you played a game without a Wiimote ?

Guess the "old" days were horrible......

When you play a game using the Wiimote, going back to crappier controls often makes games less interesting. That said, I'm still fine with RE5 controls, the same way I'm fine with Wii graphics even though I play on the PC and 360 with better graphics.

Other people obviously think differently though.

Just saying it sounds like RE4 on Gamecube and PS2 was crap, because of the controls.

 

But at that time there weren't so much people bitching about it. RE series still sold very well.

To be honest I was one of the few who thought Resident 4 was extremely overrated. I never liked the controls, never, even before playing the Wii version. I have always felt the gameplay was slow and a bit repetitive at times. I never understood how some people compare that game to the greatness of Metroid Prime or Windwaker.

The Wii version though, that's a different story. Thanks to the controls the gameplay was a lot more enjoyable to me.



Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289


Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069

ya, that's exactly how I felt after I finished the demo.

i really didn't like aiming with the controller. but oh well, it's a missed opportunity from capcom, because if it came out for the Wii I would probably purchase that version as well as the PS3 version I'm already buying.



FishyJoe said:
Barozi said:
FishyJoe said:
People used to play without analog sticks. Did that make the games that predated analog sticks terrible? No. However analog sticks made games more fun. Would you want to go back to the controls without analog sticks?

As a former PC gamer, I can answer that with a big YES.

So you prefer playing games with keyboard only?

Well yeah that depends if the game itself has advanced or not.

Example:

I prefer playing racing and sports games with the keyboard.

I would play games like Doom or Duke Nukem with a keyboard, but not todays shooters, simply because of the 3rd dimension.

___________________________________________________________________________________

In case of Resident Evil, the game itself hasn't changed much from last generation to current gen.



Around the Network

Here's what I believe.

RE4 is a defining game of our time. It's vastly better than most of these other so-called AAA rehashes we are forced to deepthroat everytime one of them struggles its way out of its financially induced overlong graphics-based development process.

RE4: Wii edition is a cashin port of that great game.

However, it is notable for bringing to the table a nice and easy method for dealing with clunky analog aiming found in all console shooters. Because the game intends for you to PAUSE then AIM, it is simple enough to take advantage of the inaccurate IR pointing device found on the Wii.

RE5, unjustly, is only being released on HD consoles, and Wii owners seem to want to use this slight downgrade to the control scheme as an excuse to up-play the Wii control, which are in theory, custom fitted to the game. Ironically, however, a large complaint about the Wii port is the IR controls actually made the game a tad too easy, and therefore, less suspenseful.

Unfortunately for FishyJoe, and the rest of you, you are overplaying your hand a bit here. The disparity between the control schemes exists, certainly, but it isn't a significant issue for most gamers, and it's obvious that this conversation is really about greatness of the Wii controls, and not about the series as a whole. RE:Wii was the Killzone 2 of the Wii. It proved, finally, that Wii controls/PS3 graphics, could be better than the competition given the right circumstances.

That said, RE4 was a fantastic, real AAA game, with or without IR, and one reason was its cutting edge graphics which RE5 would be forced to ignore were the game to appear on the Wii.

Resident Evil is Capcom's baby. They cherish no other series like it, and so we have been treated to a plethora of excellent main games, and possibly the best spinoff ever, Code Veronica. RE5 fans should just ignore most of the complaints of the mainstream whom before RE4, could have cared less about the series, and realize that Capcom has yet to let them down. The game will at least be good.

So, without too much more posturing, I'll slip into obscurity by saying: Leon is Jack Bauer on crack, and if you think Killzone 2 is as good as RE4, eat your gun.



I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
Here's what I believe.

RE4 is a defining game of our time. It's vastly better than most of these other so-called AAA rehashes we are forced to deepthroat everytime one of them struggles its way out of its financially induced overlong graphics-based development process.

RE4: Wii edition is a cashin port of that great game.

However, it is notable for bringing to the table a nice and easy method for dealing with clunky analog aiming found in all console shooters. Because the game intends for you to PAUSE then AIM, it is simple enough to take advantage of the inaccurate IR pointing device found on the Wii.

RE5, unjustly, is only being released on HD consoles, and Wii owners seem to want to use this slight downgrade to the control scheme as an excuse to up-play the Wii control, which are in theory, custom fitted to the game. Ironically, however, a large complaint about the Wii port is the IR controls actually made the game a tad too easy, and therefore, less suspenseful.

Unfortunately for FishyJoe, and the rest of you, you are overplaying your hand a bit here. The disparity between the control schemes exists, certainly, but it isn't a significant issue for most gamers, and it's obvious that this conversation is really about greatness of the Wii controls, and not about the series as a whole. RE:Wii was the Killzone 2 of the Wii. It proved, finally, that Wii controls/PS3 graphics, could be better than the competition given the right circumstances.

That said, RE4 was a fantastic, real AAA game, with or without IR, and one reason was its cutting edge graphics which RE5 would be forced to ignore were the game to appear on the Wii.

Resident Evil is Capcom's baby. They cherish no other series like it, and so we have been treated to a plethora of excellent main games, and possibly the best spinoff ever, Code Veronica. RE5 fans should just ignore most of the complaints of the mainstream whom before RE4, could have cared less about the series, and realize that Capcom has yet to let them down. The game will at least be good.

So, without too much more posturing, I'll slip into obscurity by saying: Leon is Jack Bauer on crack, and if you think Killzone 2 is as good as RE4, eat your gun.

Minus the bitterness at the end that was a good post.

 



@Zen

But is Leon better than the guy in your avatar? (Clive Owen, right?)



JGarret said:
@Zen

But is Leon better than the guy in your avatar? (Clive Owen, right?)

 

It's the same person bro. Same person.



I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
Here's what I believe.

RE4 is a defining game of our time. It's vastly better than most of these other so-called AAA rehashes we are forced to deepthroat everytime one of them struggles its way out of its financially induced overlong graphics-based development process.

RE4: Wii edition is a cashin port of that great game.

However, it is notable for bringing to the table a nice and easy method for dealing with clunky analog aiming found in all console shooters. Because the game intends for you to PAUSE then AIM, it is simple enough to take advantage of the inaccurate IR pointing device found on the Wii.

RE5, unjustly, is only being released on HD consoles, and Wii owners seem to want to use this slight downgrade to the control scheme as an excuse to up-play the Wii control, which are in theory, custom fitted to the game. Ironically, however, a large complaint about the Wii port is the IR controls actually made the game a tad too easy, and therefore, less suspenseful.

Unfortunately for FishyJoe, and the rest of you, you are overplaying your hand a bit here. The disparity between the control schemes exists, certainly, but it isn't a significant issue for most gamers, and it's obvious that this conversation is really about greatness of the Wii controls, and not about the series as a whole. RE:Wii was the Killzone 2 of the Wii. It proved, finally, that Wii controls/PS3 graphics, could be better than the competition given the right circumstances.

That said, RE4 was a fantastic, real AAA game, with or without IR, and one reason was its cutting edge graphics which RE5 would be forced to ignore were the game to appear on the Wii.

Resident Evil is Capcom's baby. They cherish no other series like it, and so we have been treated to a plethora of excellent main games, and possibly the best spinoff ever, Code Veronica. RE5 fans should just ignore most of the complaints of the mainstream whom before RE4, could have cared less about the series, and realize that Capcom has yet to let them down. The game will at least be good.

So, without too much more posturing, I'll slip into obscurity by saying: Leon is Jack Bauer on crack, and if you think Killzone 2 is as good as RE4, eat your gun.

Zen always speaks the truth