1. You have multiple games you are looking to play and return to. You get stuck and decide to put it away awhile, and then return to it. Do this for 5 or 6 games, and you could end up eating up at least 25% of your harddrive storage for that.
2. You will play through a game once and only once. You sit through a long install process that can be used for gaming.
3. You rent games, and want to see what the game is like to decide. If you don't have to install, you then get to start faster and play.
Sorry but these are all rather pathetic reasons and make sound like someone who just wants to find as many faults as possible for no real reason.
1. I had a 40Gb PS3 before I upgraded, I didn't need to upgrade until I had 22 PS3 games, 3 of them I had -optional- installs for I could have deleted, I had about 6 PSN games, plus music. Do you think I played those 22 games constantly? 5 or 6 games like you mention is laughable.
2. So you play a 8+ hour game (as most are these days) once and you complain about a 10 minute install? Really?
3. Again, 10 minutes...big whoop.