Quantcast
Locked: Yakuza 3 needs more than a 5GB installation

Forums - Sony Discussion - Yakuza 3 needs more than a 5GB installation

richardhutnik said:

1. You have multiple games you are looking to play and return to.  You get stuck and decide to put it away awhile, and then return to it.  Do this for 5 or 6 games, and you could end up eating up at least 25% of your harddrive storage for that.

2. You will play through a game once and only once.  You sit through a long install process that can be used for gaming.

3. You rent games, and want to see what the game is like to decide.  If you don't have to install, you then get to start faster and play.  

 

 

 

Sorry but these are all rather pathetic reasons and make sound like someone who just wants to find as many faults as possible for no real reason.

 

1.  I had a 40Gb PS3 before I upgraded, I didn't need to upgrade until I had 22 PS3 games, 3 of them I had -optional- installs for I could have deleted, I had about 6 PSN games, plus music.  Do you think I played those 22 games constantly?  5 or 6 games like you mention is laughable.

 

2.  So you play a 8+ hour game (as most are these days) once and you complain about a 10 minute install? Really?

 

3.  Again, 10 minutes...big whoop.

 

 

 



________________________________________________________________

Around the Network
Squilliam said:
cura said:
BengaBenga said:
RPG said:
DirtyP2002 said:

unbeliveable spin by PS3-fans here. Mandatory installs do not make a game better. Do you think Sony would allow mandatory installs if they were not necessary? Waiting 20 minutes before you can start the game is not great either.

 

Think about those lucky PS3 Users with the 20GB HDD. they can actually play 3 games like this at the same time...

 

Indeed we all know that once the data has been installed it cannot be deleted, we also all know that a HDD for the PS3 is overpriced like the 360 ones..........

If people cannot find 20 minutes to install the game it means they are pressed for time, something which gamers never are..........as your going to spend hours playing games. :/ Make yourself some tea, biscuits and crumpets in that 20 minutes. even go to the loo if you have to but the "have to wait 20 mins" line is just bullshit.

 

Speak for yourself please. I'm working 60 hours a week or so, so when I want to relax and play a game I don't really feel like waiting for 20 minutes. I'm sure I'm not the only one with a job that likes playing games...

You're trying to defend stuff that's really not worth defending.   

uhh? working 60 hours a week?

- try reducing the hours you work?

- don't play games that require a mandatory install?

 

How much time do you spend playing games per week? 1 hour a week? 2 hours a week? Even if 1 hour a week you still get 40 mins worth of play time...err but you don't have a ps3 do you, so why would this bother you?

Infact, I'll stop...but I will say that your post is one of the most illogical posts I've read here.

 

Ewww illogical person pretending to be logical.

 

 

 haha, the pot calling the kettle black! How's that prediction of yours going squilliam? Didn't even last one month did it lol ^^

Also, I'll add one more point - if a 20 minute install significantly decreases your 'gaming time' then the ps3 is not suited for you. Though I highly doubt that's the case.



Squilliam said:
If the PS3 hard-drive was user swappable and easy like the Xbox 360 this wouldn't be such an issue for 20/40gb PS3 owners.

Before people cry at me, most people do not have a set of precision screw-drivers nor the willingness to open up their console. If they did they would have probably not bought the PS3 in the first place -> PC gamers! Or whatever.

Squill, the hard drive is easy, squeasy to swap out and is much more cost effective.



KylieDog said:
richardhutnik said:

 

Sorry but these are all rather pathetic reasons and make sound like someone who just wants to find as many faults as possible for no real reason.

1.  I had a 40Gb PS3 before I upgraded, I didn't need to upgrade until I had 22 PS3 games, 3 of them I had -optional- installs for I could have deleted, I had about 6 PSN games, plus music.  Do you think I played those 22 games constantly?  5 or 6 games like you mention is laughable.

2.  So you play a 8+ hour game (as most are these days) once and you complain about a 10 minute install? Really?

3.  Again, 10 minutes...big whoop.

Please let me know why forcing ME to do an install on MY machine makes your life more enjoyable, complete, or your gameplay better?  Do you plan on coming over to my house and play my copy of the game?  Why is my preference in what is done with 10 minutes important to you?  WHY?

Again, why is YOUR state of being dependent on what I MUST do.  I didn't argue that installs not be allowed, I am just asking why EVERYONE has to be forced to install games on a console.  WHY do you feel the need to force ME to do an install?  As for storage, I have a 60GB PS3, and a 20GB 360.  

 



richardhutnik said:
KylieDog said:
richardhutnik said:

 

Sorry but these are all rather pathetic reasons and make sound like someone who just wants to find as many faults as possible for no real reason.

1.  I had a 40Gb PS3 before I upgraded, I didn't need to upgrade until I had 22 PS3 games, 3 of them I had -optional- installs for I could have deleted, I had about 6 PSN games, plus music.  Do you think I played those 22 games constantly?  5 or 6 games like you mention is laughable.

2.  So you play a 8+ hour game (as most are these days) once and you complain about a 10 minute install? Really?

3.  Again, 10 minutes...big whoop.

Please let me know why forcing ME to do an install on MY machine makes your life more enjoyable, complete, or your gameplay better?  Do you plan on coming over to my house and play my copy of the game?  Why is my preference in what is done with 10 minutes important to you?  WHY?

Again, why is YOUR state of being dependent on what I MUST do.  I didn't argue that installs not be allowed, I am just asking why EVERYONE has to be forced to install games on a console.  WHY do you feel the need to force ME to do an install?  As for storage, I have a 60GB PS3, and a 20GB 360.  

 

 

 

I am just questioning why you are complaining about something so insignificant and showing why it is.  What is the point of complaining about them unless you are just looking for any excuse no matter how trivial to take a poke at the PS3.

 

You say "ME" "MY machine", yeah it is your machine and that is how it is designed, you wouldn't buy a car and complain you need to put petrol in it for it to work.  You don't like the idea of buying petrol?  Buy a pedal bike instead.



________________________________________________________________

Around the Network

Am I wrong in thinking this thread was only created to troll/flamebait? Big deal, you have to install it to the harddrive, if it's that big a deal buy a bigger hard drive. Yes you have to wait (for the sake of arguement) 1/2hr. then wait.
The world doesn't end because you can't play the game straight off the bat.
If you've waited Xmonths for a game, an extra 1/2hr won't kill you. Deal with it.



PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.


Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

outlawauron said:
Squilliam said:
If the PS3 hard-drive was user swappable and easy like the Xbox 360 this wouldn't be such an issue for 20/40gb PS3 owners.

Before people cry at me, most people do not have a set of precision screw-drivers nor the willingness to open up their console. If they did they would have probably not bought the PS3 in the first place -> PC gamers! Or whatever.

Squill, the hard drive is easy, squeasy to swap out and is much more cost effective.

Not compared to the Xbox 360 120GB upgrade.

 

 



Tease.

 

LMFAO it just doesn't fail...


I mean this thread is talking about Yakura 3 and the install..

and...

Someone just HAS to mention Killzone 2, in the first reply no less..


yep... never fails.

____________________

 

Topic:

I feel sorry for the 20gig PS3 owners the space is being taken up by games installs... it's to the point that they have to plan on what couple games they will play for the week, without dealing with the time to sit and wait for an install...

40gig soon to follow.

 

 

 



PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

I couldn't care less what the install was. 320gb FTW!



"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

KylieDog said:

I am just questioning why you are complaining about something so insignificant and showing why it is.  What is the point of complaining about them unless you are just looking for any excuse no matter how trivial to take a poke at the PS3.

You say "ME" "MY machine", yeah it is your machine and that is how it is designed, you wouldn't buy a car and complain you need to put petrol in it for it to work.  You don't like the idea of buying petrol?  Buy a pedal bike instead.

Go back to the original post that I responded to.  The person said REQUIRING people to have to install is a good thing (as in not optional).  I stated why it is not, and explained why.

As for not needing to buy gas and ride a bike.  Well, I have a system where I am not required to install games, the XBox 360.  I can if I want to.  But I am NOT required to.  

And one can explain why something is or is not a good idea on systems.  Like rumble, motion tracking, virtual 3D worlds with Avatars, and Netflix.  One can explain why things are good or bad.

Ok, let's recap.  I said OPTIONAL install is GOOD.  I said REQUIRED harddrive is GOOD.  I said REQUIRED install is BAD, and I explained why.  Just because something may not be "a big deal" doesn't make it a GOOD thing, or NOT a BAD thing.