Quantcast
Blu ray fights back .

Forums - General Discussion - Blu ray fights back .

um...fox had always been bluray exclusive so it's not really any "news". more like they are finally giving out a list of titles to be released after months and months of releasing nothing on BD.



Currently loving my Wii x2, Xbox 360 Pro & Xbox 360 Arcade, and Final Fantasy 7 Advent Children Limited "Cloud Black" 160GB PS3

GAMEFLY & GOOZEX FTW

 

 

 

 

Around the Network

Toshiba is run by morons, all the money they will waste or their pointless format. Do those idiots really think they can beat out the Playstation ?

I can see why some studios go hddvd, the format war brings hardware costs down fast.

But its the hardware makers that get screwd on all of this, all because of toshibas stupidity.



opcode said:
@diomedes1976: Oh, poor Sony... Toshiba and MS are harming poor Sony... That breaks my heart... Poor Sony, never did anything wrong, never paid to get exclusive deals, like to get their players featured in Target... And studios supporting BluRay are doing so because they think Sony is really cool… sure….
HD-DVD = inferior technology?? Really?! Why? Maybe because Blu-Ray is the only one that offers 1080p... Oh, no, wait, HD-DVD offers that too... Oh, btw, please tell me why the "superior" technology cannot offer PIP interactive content up to this point, Mr Sony fanboy.
Oh, ok, I got it! I had forgot, it is superior because it's a Sony, the 2nd coming...
With all respect, next time you better get educated about matters you know almost nothing about, instead come here throw this Sony PR bulls***...

I think we should ban the HD format talk in here lol and get back to videogaming we seem to have all been sidetracked . It is funny though even though i have a blu-ray player i still buy 100% dvd and why it is cheaper and i use my ps3 for games . I know i started this thread but hey lol chill everybody , go play games .



Proud owner of Ps4/3ds xl/pc/vita/wii u and others.

Gamer till I die

Diomedes1976 said:
Buf ,if things were normal the fight would be nearly over .Thats also what the industry needs .As long as there are two formats battling it out the consumers wont buy massively because fear on choosing the losing plattform .But ,with the stakes at play right now ,it seems Toshiba and Microsoft wont let things just happen and will keep subsidizing the Hd-DVD format for their own interests to harm Sony .Thoshiba because its their format ,and MS to avoid the PS3 having another selling point and to hurt Sony as much as possible .News as the ones of today are more a sad thing than anything .Paramount releases were selling 2-1 in favour of Blu Ray and still it changes sides because Toshiba or MS offers them more money than what they would get selling the movies anyway .Now they will obligate the BR camp to subsidize Universal releases on BR etc etc .Tons of money lost ,just to get a monopoly from one of these producers .Worst is ,if the HD-DVD camp triumphed ,consumers would lose as well sticking to a inferior technology ....

 Yeah, you are right. They will lose as much as when gamers stuck to the PS2... A piece of inferior technology...



Hus said:
Toshiba is run by morons, all the money they will waste or their pointless format. Do those idiots really think they can beat out the Playstation ?

I can see why some studios go hddvd, the format war brings hardware costs down fast.

But its the hardware makers that get screwd on all of this, all because of toshibas stupidity.

That's your opinion.  Then can I say sony is run by idiots who completely ruined the PS3 by combining it with bluray when most gamers don't care for it, and charging a ridiculous amount for it?  because of sony's stupidity, ps2 supporters are screwed with the high pricing of ps3.



Currently loving my Wii x2, Xbox 360 Pro & Xbox 360 Arcade, and Final Fantasy 7 Advent Children Limited "Cloud Black" 160GB PS3

GAMEFLY & GOOZEX FTW

 

 

 

 

Around the Network
Delusional said:
Hus said:
Toshiba is run by morons, all the money they will waste or their pointless format. Do those idiots really think they can beat out the Playstation ?

I can see why some studios go hddvd, the format war brings hardware costs down fast.

But its the hardware makers that get screwd on all of this, all because of toshibas stupidity.

That's your opinion. Then can I say sony is run by idiots who completely ruined the PS3 by combining it with bluray when most gamers don't care for it, and charging a ridiculous amount for it? because of sony's stupidity, ps2 supporters are screwed with the high pricing of ps3.


The only ridiculous thing here is your post.

Everyone whine about PS2 price just like with the PS3, they cried and whined dvd make the console to expensive how games did not need that much space cd was enough and crap like that.

Toshibas buggets supported MS wants then to fail, they only are in th ehddvd camp to figth Sony.  Their intention is for both to lose.  Thats how dumb toshiba is they allied them selfs with people that want them to fail. 



Diomedes1976 said:
Worst is ,if the HD-DVD camp triumphed ,consumers would lose as well sticking to a inferior technology ....

 Consumers love inferior technology Diomedes. Look at VHS, the PS2, the iPod, Dell, Windows, and the DS.

...wow I think I just pissed off every fanboy in existence with one sentence.  

 



Hus said:
Delusional said:
Hus said:
Toshiba is run by morons, all the money they will waste or their pointless format. Do those idiots really think they can beat out the Playstation ?

I can see why some studios go hddvd, the format war brings hardware costs down fast.

But its the hardware makers that get screwd on all of this, all because of toshibas stupidity.

That's your opinion. Then can I say sony is run by idiots who completely ruined the PS3 by combining it with bluray when most gamers don't care for it, and charging a ridiculous amount for it? because of sony's stupidity, ps2 supporters are screwed with the high pricing of ps3.


The only ridiculous iws you post.

everyone whine about PS2 price just like with the PS3, they cried and whined dvd make the console to expensive how games did not need that much space cd was enough and crap like that.


as ridiculous as yours.  anyways, low price is one of michael cooper's strategies. so it's valid. ps2 costing 299, then 199, and now 129 definitely helped the ps2.  ps3 with 499 and 599, then discontinued the 499, then dropped the 599 to 499, then now introduced 80gig 599 and 499 only valid until 60gb runs out. um...so where's the price drop.  adding stuff in and keeping the price the same is not a low cost strategy. they are adding attributes, not lowering price. that's the difference between ps2 and ps3.  that's why ps2 is as successful as it is now while ps3 is lagging behind the wii.



Currently loving my Wii x2, Xbox 360 Pro & Xbox 360 Arcade, and Final Fantasy 7 Advent Children Limited "Cloud Black" 160GB PS3

GAMEFLY & GOOZEX FTW

 

 

 

 

Delusional said:
Hus said:
Delusional said:
Hus said:
Toshiba is run by morons, all the money they will waste or their pointless format. Do those idiots really think they can beat out the Playstation ?

I can see why some studios go hddvd, the format war brings hardware costs down fast.

But its the hardware makers that get screwd on all of this, all because of toshibas stupidity.

That's your opinion. Then can I say sony is run by idiots who completely ruined the PS3 by combining it with bluray when most gamers don't care for it, and charging a ridiculous amount for it? because of sony's stupidity, ps2 supporters are screwed with the high pricing of ps3.


The only ridiculous iws you post.

everyone whine about PS2 price just like with the PS3, they cried and whined dvd make the console to expensive how games did not need that much space cd was enough and crap like that.


as ridiculous as yours. anyways, low price is one of michael cooper's strategies. so it's valid. ps2 costing 299, then 199, and now 129 definitely helped the ps2. ps3 with 499 and 599, then discontinued the 499, then dropped the 599 to 499, then now introduced 80gig 599 and 499 only valid until 60gb runs out. um...so where's the price drop. adding stuff in and keeping the price the same is not a low cost strategy. they are adding attributes, not lowering price. that's the difference between ps2 and ps3. that's why ps2 is as successful as it is now while ps3 is lagging behind the wii.


80Gb is a game bundle, is that so hard to see.  Is it so hard to understand that that means ?

 Yahh the PS2 success had nothing to do with launching year before the competition.



eab said:
Diomedes1976 said:
Worst is ,if the HD-DVD camp triumphed ,consumers would lose as well sticking to a inferior technology ....

 Consumers love inferior technology Diomedes. Look at VHS, the PS2, the iPod, Dell, Windows, and the DS.

...wow I think I just pissed off every fanboy in existence with one sentence.  

 


Lol

Yes consumers will pick on the inferior tech because usually its CHEAPER! I see this coming down to price price and price.

 @ Dio:And plz dont tell me that we would hurt, its not that inferior, or blue ray would be the winner.

Both are good, i see blue ray as a little more advanced (like beta) and as long as they can keep prices down because yes it is the better technology



                 With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.