Quantcast
PS3 help!

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 help!

So just recently my ps3 decided it does not like to play most movies or games anymore. So i think im goona have to take in into eb games and get a new one.

Do you guys know anything that might be causing this? and if there is no solution is it possible to save my trophies and games onto an external hard drive and then put it all back onto a new ps3?



PSWii60 owner! woot


Get your Portable ID!

Around the Network

Probably broken drive. I saved mine on a Flash drive, works fine, but you will probably have to delete things because it takes up a lot of room.



You can backup everything on an external drive and why not call Sony for repairs its probably cheaper than a new one.



*Al Bundy's My Hero*

 

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

 PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

Sucks man, when did you get your PS3 ? What Model?



Bullet100000 said:
You can backup everything on an external drive and why not call Sony for repairs its probably cheaper than a new one.

 

 Oh i have that $80 warranty still so im pretty sure I can just go get a new one, but i dotn wanna lose everyything. Is the a way it will back it all up in sequence on its own, or do you just have to copy everysingle save file over? and can you even copy trophies?



PSWii60 owner! woot


Get your Portable ID!

Around the Network
blazinhead89 said:
Sucks man, when did you get your PS3 ? What Model?

 

 Um its a 40gig I got it last feb I think. So I should still be covered.



PSWii60 owner! woot


Get your Portable ID!

Aren't trophies saved to your PSN id, not your game saves?



Finnbar said:
Bullet100000 said:
You can backup everything on an external drive and why not call Sony for repairs its probably cheaper than a new one.

 

 Oh i have that $80 warranty still so im pretty sure I can just go get a new one, but i dotn wanna lose everyything. Is the a way it will back it all up in sequence on its own, or do you just have to copy everysingle save file over? and can you even copy trophies?

 

Yea, it's in the System Settings menu I believe, it should say Format Hard drive or Backup Utility - I can't remember exactly, but it's something like that - It will tell how big and to choose a storage device to save it on. I had 40GB worth of stuff on mine, I had to delete a lot to fit it on a 16GB card.



Finnbar said:
blazinhead89 said:
Sucks man, when did you get your PS3 ? What Model?

 

 Um its a 40gig I got it last feb I think. So I should still be covered.


Just in Warranty then. You can back up absolutely necessary stuff to An external flash stick (iPOD even works), Then Call Sony and get it repaired.

Feylic said:
Aren't trophies saved to your PSN id, not your game saves?

 

 yea I guess they are! one less thing i have to worry about. thanks



PSWii60 owner! woot


Get your Portable ID!