Quantcast
Retailers are also to blame for slow PS3 adoption?

Forums - Sales Discussion - Retailers are also to blame for slow PS3 adoption?

Basically not sure if anyone else noticed but most of the sales(discounts) from retailers are typically 360 related therefore encouraging consumers to spend on the 360.  I always noticed this though this past weekend I noticed the flyer for Best Buy and it had sales for the Wii and 360 yet nothing for the PS3 at least on the flyer.  I ended up buying Ninja Gaiden 2, Lips and since I was there picked up the 120 gig hardrive.  They also had a sale for when you buy a controller you got a year of xbox live card for half price and since mine was up soon I got the new red limited edition controller and another 12 months of xbox live.  None of that would have happened if I didn't see the sale. 

By the way there are sales for the PS3 but far fewer then the 360 and not always as noticiable or as good.  Anyone else notice this?  What are you thoughts? Big deal? Not a big deal? 



Around the Network

They advertise what they think will bring consumers into the stores. Usually they base that decision on consumer shopping habits.



I think the bad publicity just adds to the low sales. Its not just because of the price of the PS3, it is the bad rep it gets from retailers. Its also the lack of support and promoting for the ps3 from retailers which add to low sales.



TO GOD BE THE GLORY

I can't say whether retailer XBox 360 deals are more or less common that retailer PS3 deals, but I do frequent RedFlagDeals.com and they regularly have deals listed where you can buy a PS3 with a game and (often) a HDMI cable for $399 which is as good as any XBox 360 deal I have seen



Yes but you can wonder what is the cause of more advertisements for X360/Wii than PS3? Probably because these advertisements are more successful on X360/Wii than PS3. I live in Holland and here it is the other way around, i.e. PS3 and Wii are far more advertised than X360 because PS3 and Wii sell more in this country.



Around the Network

Why can't people just admit it's sony's fault? It's too artsy for its own good, microsoft is an unethical seal clubbing money hat, retailers conspire against Sony or any other number of excuses. Sony fucked up. I love my PS3 but I don't have some bizarre stalker-esque love of the company that produced it. I can readily admit that they made an assload of bad choices for making PS3 the market leader AND somehow at the same time enjoy my PS3. I must be crazy.



You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Snake612 said:
I think the bad publicity just adds to the low sales. Its not just because of the price of the PS3, it is the bad rep it gets from retailers. Its also the lack of support and promoting for the ps3 from retailers which add to low sales.

Just curious, do you honestly believe this?

Best Buy, Target, whoever, have some vested interest in the PS3 failing so have pulled thier support for the product?  really??

 



FishyJoe said:

They advertise what they think will bring consumers into the stores. Usually they base that decision on consumer shopping habits.

 

 So best buy figures based on their internal data or research that they can get Wii/360 owners in to the stores more so then PS3 owners?  Is that kind of what your saying? Do they hope once those consumers are in the store they will notice the PS3?  It just seems odd to me they didn't have any sales at all for the PS3 when they can do things where you can get blue-ray movies etc. 

I mean this has been going on for a long time which I think is a big reason why the 360 does better then PS3 in overral sales.  I wonder if we will see more PS3 sales(discounts) once it drops in price. 



In the UK, every GAME store has a Microsoft representative come to it every 4-6 weeks, who debreifs the staff on upcoming Xbox 360 offers, games etc. Nintendo have a very strong relationship with GAME and Gamestation, with huge countdown things for first party games, their games being spread throughout the store on release and a trade in deal on the previous game when a new one comes out.

I don't know how much that really means, but Sony have absolutely no communication with retail, so it shows Microsoft are keen to get retail on their side.

Albeit I've no doubt it's more just retailers sell what they can sell, and they can sell more Xbox 360 games then PS3 games. HEnce, they stock them up.



The_vagabond7 said:
Why can't people just admit it's sony's fault? It's too artsy for its own good, microsoft is an unethical seal clubbing money hat, retailers conspire against Sony or any other number of excuses. Sony fucked up. I love my PS3 but I don't have some bizarre stalker-esque love of the company that produced it. I can readily admit that they made an assload of bad choices for making PS3 the market leader AND somehow at the same time enjoy my PS3. I must be crazy.

I agree that Sony screwed up and that it is nobody else's fault; though I don't think it's a death toll for them to possibly finish in last place this generation, just disappointing based on thier expectations.

The only part you are crazy about is thinking you are crazy for enjoying it...screw the haters man, you play the games and it gives you enjoyment, that is all that matters.  I LOVED my Dreamcast, there I said it!