Quantcast
PSN's (17 Million) includes PS3, PsP, & Official Forums

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSN's (17 Million) includes PS3, PsP, & Official Forums

By the way, does this number include multiple accounts from the same person? That's what I'm curious about, if it's the case it renders this number practically worthless.



My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network
NJ5 said:
By the way, does this number include multiple accounts from the same person? That's what I'm curious about, if it's the case it renders this number practically worthless.

 

 

yes, just like Xbox live figures it includes multiple accounts used within the same household.



i cant help but wonder....so?



 

 

Including official forum members is boderline intentionally deceptive. The number should represent the number of people on the PSN after all - potential shoppers, not people just interested in Sony...wank move Sony.



NJ5 said:
Did anyone really believe that 85% of PS3s were connected to PSN? No one should be disappointed by this.

85 dont sound like a stretch seeing how its FREAKING FREE....

AND NO LONG CODES ARE NEEDED...JUST MAKE ONE AND YOUR READY ROLL



Currently waiting on : killzone 2 and everything else after it..day one purchase baby

Around the Network

^ But so is Xbox LIVE for silver accounts...

The 17million Xbox accounts are split between gold and silver.  It works out to be around 62% of the install base when the number was issued.



Bboid said:
NJ5 said:
By the way, does this number include multiple accounts from the same person? That's what I'm curious about, if it's the case it renders this number practically worthless.

 

 

yes, just like Xbox live figures it includes multiple accounts used within the same household.

But then at least we know the number of XBL users...

In PSN's case, it seems we don't know the number of consoles or even the number of users.

 



My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Fumanchu said:
Including official forum members is boderline intentionally deceptive. The number should represent the number of people on the PSN after all - potential shoppers, not people just interested in Sony...wank move Sony.

 

It is not intentionally deceptive. PS3, PSP, and PSforums are all part of the playstation network.  They all use the same uniform login and password.  It only seems deceptive if you have never been to the Playstation website.

 

 



Well Live numbers I believe include Games for Windows accounts too, not sure.



DKII said:
Well Live numbers I believe include Games for Windows accounts too, not sure.

 

it does.