Quantcast
MP3 vs Bioshock: reviews

Forums - Gaming Discussion - MP3 vs Bioshock: reviews

What one will get the higher average review?

 A couple of sites/mags have reviewed bioshock now and all have given it a perfect score.

 Up until these reviews i was planning on getting MP3 and Halo 3 this year but now im having second thoughts. Bioshock is looking more likely to be the better game and from the previews i've read MP3 doesn't sound like it gonna get anywhere near as good reviews as Bioshock.

 Thoughts?



Around the Network

Bioshock = 15 hrs

But I say Bio'll get a better score overall.




Probably Bio...but don't even start on this road...they're both AMAZING.



LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

It already has a 99% average, but I'm pretty sure Ign and Gamespot will be lower than 96%.



Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

I haven't seen anything from MP3 yet (in terms of a playable demo) but I have played bioshock. It is amazing. MP3 is going to have to bring some serious heat to even match the game's overall appeal. The game, from playing the demo, has it all -- graphics, sound, atmosphere, art direction, innovation in gameplay, on and on.... I'm a single player fiend so the lack of multiplayer means zero to.

That said, I'm hoping MP3 dispenses with the wandering around puzzle nature of the game and brings a fresh approach to the series that is much more linear and FPS oriented and shows 3rd parties how good a FPS can be on the Wii.



I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

Around the Network
kn said:
I haven't seen anything from MP3 yet (in terms of a playable demo) but I have played bioshock. It is amazing. MP3 is going to have to bring some serious heat to even match the game's overall appeal. The game, from playing the demo, has it all -- graphics, sound, atmosphere, art direction, innovation in gameplay, on and on.... I'm a single player fiend so the lack of multiplayer means zero to.

That said, I'm hoping MP3 dispenses with the wandering around puzzle nature of the game and brings a fresh approach to the series that is much more linear and FPS oriented and shows 3rd parties how good a FPS can be on the Wii.

 good luck with that happening cuz it's not it a back tracking game at heart........ get over it




3 reviews on metacritic.com

All 3 are at 100%...

 

Edit: For Bioshock



Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

                   

gebx said:

3 reviews on metacritic.com

All 3 are at 100%...

 

Edit: For Bioshock


I only saw 3, two 100%'s for the 360 (one from XBox magazine = not so trustworthy like Nintendo Power giving MP3 a 10) and a 95% for the PC version.

-edit-
Bah, I should learn to read, I looked at gamerankings.



allstarr35 said:
kn said:
I haven't seen anything from MP3 yet (in terms of a playable demo) but I have played bioshock. It is amazing. MP3 is going to have to bring some serious heat to even match the game's overall appeal. The game, from playing the demo, has it all -- graphics, sound, atmosphere, art direction, innovation in gameplay, on and on.... I'm a single player fiend so the lack of multiplayer means zero to.

That said, I'm hoping MP3 dispenses with the wandering around puzzle nature of the game and brings a fresh approach to the series that is much more linear and FPS oriented and shows 3rd parties how good a FPS can be on the Wii.

good luck with that happening cuz it's not it a back tracking game at heart........ get over it



I'm not sure I understand your comment, but I'll take it as this:  good luck MP3 dispenses with the puzzle/explore nature because it is a back-tracking game at heart.  Get over it.  Is that what you meant?   If so, I don't need to "get over it" -- I just won't buy it as it isn't my type of game.  Instead, I'll wait on other FPS shooters to come along.  It's callled personal choice.  Get over it.

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

Apparently Bioshock is an amazing game. There is no doubt that the average score will go down though. If MP3 is everything that it promises to be (better than Zelda, better than the first Prime), then we are in for a good battle for sure.



Just kiss the tip.