Quantcast
Wii and third parties, same history?

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii and third parties, same history?

What Okey said, a lot of devs made an game on X360/PS3 that sold well (I said a lot and not all devs) they are pretty sure that a sequel can work so good aswell on PS3/X360 so they prefer to not take a risk.






Around the Network

For the moment its the same ....even worse ,the Cube at least got many ports of the big PS2-Xbox games until Nintendo silently killed it,the Wii as its hardware is frankly obsolete cant even receive those ports .

Its not like it wont get ANY core game ,as example the list of thekitchensink ...but that list pales absolutely compared to the HD consoles ,and not all these games will be good ones (let alone make it for 2009 as DQX).



to me those third party games sound like a lot of shit the PS2 saw. Why are the Wii's shovelware always the only thing ever talked about on the system.

And you guys apparently have no empathy at all. Is it so bad that a game is made that someone else will like and not you? Why can't you guys just ignore games that don't interest you and talk about games that do.

As someone posted above a list of great 3rd party games coming out for the Wii that should have you excited.



Diomedes1976 said:
For the moment its the same ....even worse ,the Cube at least got many ports of the big PS2-Xbox games until Nintendo silently killed it,the Wii as its hardware is frankly obsolete cant even receive those ports .

Its not like it wont get ANY core game ,as example the list of thekitchensink ...but that list pales absolutely compared to the HD consoles ,and not all these games will be good ones (let alone make it for 2009 as DQX).

 

I actually find that list quite appealing becuase it is a nice variety of genres, plus missing some good games as well.  I don't see Little Kings Story on his list and dont' feel like doing more research.

 

I mean list the 360/PS3 games that AREN'T a FPS/TPS and the list is pretty lacking.  And since I don't like shooters thats all I look at.



zleep said:
That list contains games that arent even announced :O

But my point is that this bi western developers are still announcing casual and minigame collections despite us hearing that games may take up to 2 - 3 years to be developed. Why are they still announcing them and not announcing any core games? This games are very cheap and just lazy attempts. Ive yet to see a mirrors edge or a splinter cell type of game from those devs on the Wii.

We have to admit it, they wont be happening, believe what you want but I guess that 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 are enough for them to change their minds, they just keep on announcing the same old boring stufff over and over again.

 

They are stupid and still think it is a console for only the "casuals" and that "core" games do not sell unless it is Nintendo games. They put out crap games and then wonder why they do not sell lol 

 

But I’d wait for E3 if I were you. anywho I am going to zleep now goodnight!   

 



    R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(


Around the Network

On another note ... How many large core games have ever been announced on an arbitrary wednesday in the middle of January?

There are exceptions to this but the majority of big budget core games tend to be announced at (or around the time of) a big media event like E3, TGS, GDC or at a company sponsered media event.



So is EA Fitness more or less important than a game like FF13? I just cannot tell.



 

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

Thanks everyone for their input :)

I gotta go soon too, so good night every one.



FreeTalkLive said:
So is EA Fitness more or less important than a game like FF13? I just cannot tell.

 

to my parents it is vastely more important.

 

And who gives a shit about FF13.  I will pay attention to it when it has a release date in the U.S.  heck we saw like a first trailer what in 05' at E3 was it.

 

And it ISN'T gonna come out in the U.S. in 09' you can bet on that.  Plus we haven't seen anything that wasn't prerendered yet so we don't even know what it will be like.  A game known about or like 3 years, and still no release date and not even gameplay shown is a big "don't care" from me



irstupid said:
FreeTalkLive said:
So is EA Fitness more or less important than a game like FF13? I just cannot tell.

 

to my parents it is vastely more important.

 

And who gives a shit about FF13.  I will pay attention to it when it has a release date in the U.S.  heck we saw like a first trailer what in 05' at E3 was it.

 

And it ISN'T gonna come out in the U.S. in 09' you can bet on that.  Plus we haven't seen anything that wasn't prerendered yet so we don't even know what it will be like.  A game known about or like 3 years, and still no release date and not even gameplay shown is a big "don't care" from me

Who's saying FF13 is coming out this year? You know half those games in that "exciting" Wii list don't have US release dates either, right?

And actually, we have seen gameplay. In screens and videos. Which is more than I can say for Dragon Quest X, Spyborgs, Red Steel 2, Crystal Bearers, Zack and Wiki 2 and I Am Alive (which isn't even coming to Wii).

*looks at usrername*

Ah, right.