Quantcast
PS3 had best lineup for holidays,Wii had worst = Wii sells 4 times more.

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 had best lineup for holidays,Wii had worst = Wii sells 4 times more.

....I figured something out,but I think it deserves thread.
But other things.
"Ps3 has the best games for the gamers???? [R U kiding me???]

Pfffffff speak of yourself. IMO, nintendo has the best games for gamers.... who is right???"

Sure,we are all diffrent.But when people don't try games themselfes,get the opinion from themselfes,they go for reviews,internet,personal opinions from friends.
Then again, if game like Valkyria Crhonicles gets 9.0,and you don't like what you see,ofc you won't buy it,but if some close friend,who has about same games as you,you surely at least try it.
Then we have low reviewed game like Wii fit.But its very unique.Everyone in world can play it.Casual.I liked it as well.
Then we have Mgs 4,higly reviewed game,which is about only for fans.Hardcore.Old times.

And when we combine Wii,low price,games that everyone can play,with unique and innoative as its puplic picture,it sells.
Then we have PS3,with Playstation name from last generations,with new IP:s (not that its bad),smashing price,some UFO Cell,it sells pretty poorly.

Well life goes on.I can't hate Wii for that.



 

 

Take my love, take my land..

Around the Network

Edit: Motorstorm: Pacific Rift has not crossed 1 mill WW, my mistake.



                                                                                                                                            

leo-j said:
Oh well what can you do, to people Carnival games, and BABYZ are much better than LBP, GEARS 2, or MGS4!

 

LBP I agree on.

MGS4. no. I played the remake Twin Snakes on the GameCube and I was still completely lost on Snake's whole backstory. I would have had to play the ancient Metal Gear games on the NES if I wanted to understand what the ____ was going on.



CGI-Quality said:
@ Tyrinnical

So are you saying that Banjo, Last Remnant, Lips, and Infinite Undiscovery ALL had great sales? How many of those have hit 1mill WW. Now lets look at PS3 exclusives: LBP, Resistance 2, Motorstorm PR: I think those three have sold better than the 360 games and (if I'm not mistaken) those PS3 exclusices have all hit at least 1 mill WW, although I'm not positive about Pacific Rift. Now Gears 2 had MONSTROUS sales, good for it, it deserves those sales. However, since we're grabbing at straws in a useless debate, I'm moving on...

 

 Gears is almost at 4M, Fable 2 at 2M, Left4dead just made 1M. Infinite Undiscovery and Last Remnant both outsold valkyrie chronicles. Even Bajo and Lips sales are pretty close to Motorstorm 2.

Resistance just broke 1M, certainly doesn't have the hype gears does. LBP has done ok, though I think it's still over tracked. It tanked in Europe until they cut the price in half, LBP probably should have been a budget release.



Yet, today, America's leaders are reenacting every folly that brought these great powers [Russia, Germany, and Japan] to ruin -- from arrogance and hubris, to assertions of global hegemony, to imperial overstretch, to trumpeting new 'crusades,' to handing out war guarantees to regions and countries where Americans have never fought before. We are piling up the kind of commitments that produced the greatest disasters of the twentieth century.
 — Pat Buchanan – A Republic, Not an Empire

Simulacrum said:
....I figured something out,but I think it deserves thread.
But other things.
"Ps3 has the best games for the gamers???? [R U kiding me???]

Pfffffff speak of yourself. IMO, nintendo has the best games for gamers.... who is right???"

Sure,we are all diffrent.But when people don't try games themselfes,get the opinion from themselfes,they go for reviews,internet,personal opinions from friends.
Then again, if game like Valkyria Crhonicles gets 9.0,and you don't like what you see,ofc you won't buy it,but if some close friend,who has about same games as you,you surely at least try it.
Then we have low reviewed game like Wii fit.But its very unique.Everyone in world can play it.Casual.I liked it as well.
Then we have Mgs 4,higly reviewed game,which is about only for fans.Hardcore.Old times.

And when we combine Wii,low price,games that everyone can play,with unique and innoative as its puplic picture,it sells.
Then we have PS3,with Playstation name from last generations,with new IP:s (not that its bad),smashing price,some UFO Cell,it sells pretty poorly.

Well life goes on.I can't hate Wii for that.

 

      But it is difficult to just rely on one's own opinion when it comes to gaming because these are products that cost $50.00 to $60.00 new, and for some folks that is just a lot of money to blow on something and then form your own opinion about it, and that is why review scores are important.

     I don't walk into a store and buy games just because of how pretty the picture on the box is and because I'm hoping it will be good once I get it home.  I don't waste my money on many games that have review scores below 9 and certainly not very many that are only in the 7.6 to 8.2 range like Wii Sports, Wii Fit, and Mario Kart Wii.  The only games I have that are below 8 in their aggreate review scores are Bloodrayne (I bought it cheap on Ebay), Bullet Witch (purchased used), and Fear Effect 2 (bought it used) -- and the reason I purchased those had nothing to do with either game's quality; Lunar for PS1 which IGN gave a 7.5 but also listed as one of their Top 20 PS1 titles of all time, and I never had a Sega CD; and Evil Dead:  Regeneration which was a bit clunky at times but it only cost me $20.00, and I bought it after playing the demo on an OXM disc and it did a good job of capturing The Evil Dead universe.  Heavenly Sword which IGN gave a 7.0, but Dave Halverson in Play Magazine gave a 10, Folklore which has an aggregate review score less than 8 but IGN and Play both gave a 9 (both Heavenly Sword and Folklore also had the cute chicks factor as do Golden Axe Beast Rider (a game I plan to purchase used), Tomb Raider Underworld and two of my most highly anticipated games of '09 Velvet Assassin and X-Edge (the title is something like that);  And more recently Assassin's Creed which IGN only gave a score in the mid 7 range, but Dave Halverson gave a 10 and I found for 17.99 at Game Stop used.  Also Genji 2 and Dark Kingdom for PS3...I did buy them new in January 07 because I was willing to give games for a new system a try, but I have hardly played them since and they were both bought for the same reasons I bought Bloodrayne and Fear Effect 2 -- the priestess in Genji 2 and Zala in Dark Kingdom.

  But I don't generally like to spend my $50.00 to $60.00 dollars on poorly reviewed games (although I don't mind to spend $20.00 on used games that might not be that great if they do feature cute chicks).

 

     

 



Heavens to Murgatoids.

Around the Network
leo-j said:
Oh well what can you do, to people Carnival games, and BABYZ are much better than LBP, GEARS 2, or MGS4!

 

Go play with your dolls.

 

No, it's not meant to be offensive :)



Even if Nintendo had nothing to do with the fact that there were shortages of the Wii during Christmas '06 and Christmas '07 (I suspect they had more to do with it in '07 than '06), a shortage of Wiis on the market during those times would have heightened demand for the Wii because it is a basic psychological trait of humans that they tend to want what they can't have. And anybody that saw how sales bloomed for the 360 during Christmas '05 when 360s were going for $3,000.00 on ebay would have been tempted to try to market their console in much the same way.

Now, Sony didn't do that because they were thinking it's the Plystation 3, it well sell megatons. Nintendo might not have had anything to do with it, it could have been clerks at Game Stores getting Wii's buying them with their company discounts then turning around and selling them for two to three times what they paid for them on ebay, the perceived shortage combined with press reports still resulted in heightened demand for the console. Christmas '08 sales can be explained by what people wanted finally being available in stores in larger amounts, but this could also lead to a cooling off period for Wii sales unless more must have games are soon released.

If the Wii's Christmas '09 lineup of games is perceived to be as weak as its Christmas '08 lineup, then the Wii won't sell as many consoles next holiday season as it did this past one.



Heavens to Murgatoids.

Let's say that ps3 had the worst sales of the three systems because sony just steal other companies' ideas.
Miis, avatars, achievements, etc.
People will buy the original you know.
And as for games, every system has its big guns.



deathgod33 said:
price is the answer. a wii is much cheaper than a ps3.

 

Yes. The answer is price. This is why the 360 is now whipping the Wii.   



Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

BTFeather55 said:
Even if Nintendo had nothing to do with the fact that there were shortages of the Wii during Christmas '06 and Christmas '07 (I suspect they had more to do with it in '07 than '06), a shortage of Wiis on the market during those times would have heightened demand for the Wii because it is a basic psychological trait of humans that they tend to want what they can't have. And anybody that saw how sales bloomed for the 360 during Christmas '05 when 360s were going for $3,000.00 on ebay would have been tempted to try to market their console in much the same way.

Now, Sony didn't do that because they were thinking it's the Plystation 3, it well sell megatons. Nintendo might not have had anything to do with it, it could have been clerks at Game Stores getting Wii's buying them with their company discounts then turning around and selling them for two to three times what they paid for them on ebay, the perceived shortage combined with press reports still resulted in heightened demand for the console. Christmas '08 sales can be explained by what people wanted finally being available in stores in larger amounts, but this could also lead to a cooling off period for Wii sales unless more must have games are soon released.

If the Wii's Christmas '09 lineup of games is perceived to be as weak as its Christmas '08 lineup, then the Wii won't sell as many consoles next holiday season as it did this past one.

 

 

The whole "there was a shortage that caused demand" arguement never works.


Here is my answer to that:

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwiE0S0x314

 



 

http://www.shanepeters.com/

http://shanepeters.deviantart.com/

Achievement is its own reward, pride only obscures.

HATING OPHELIA- Coming soon from Markosia Comics!