No one's keeping up with this game? New preview: http://www.gamesradar.com/wii/sonic-and-the-black-knight/preview/sonic-and-the-black-knight/a-2008112513384546006/g-20080721153028947019
Nothing is really new in it, except they confirm that Sonic is controlled using the Nunchuck while the Wii Remote is used for slashing.
Lol, Knuckles has two swords. The game looks very good to me.
New Previews (I do not have scans. Saw this on neogaf.)
Nintendo Power preview summary:
- Nunchuk to move Sonic, A to Jump and flick of the Wiimote to attack, and Z to block
- Knuckles, Shadow and Blaze are bosses in the game, they are part of a round table, once you beat them they become your friend. Looks like they are playable as well, though this is optional.
- Each environment has about 6 to 9 missions.
- Looks like there is 3 fighting styles to choose from. Cavalier style = speed. Paladin style = Strength or Knight Style = a balance of both.
- You can get new skills, like in Secret rings.
- There also seems to be a multiplayer mode (Battle and Survivor Mode)
- "There are Solo Missions designed specifically for ranked online challenges"
Points in the preview are -
- Stage 1's enemies all seem to be knights
- Double edges sword slows Sonic's attacks down (most definetly due to the fighting style they chose)
- The camera sits behind Sonic most of the time, switching to a side-on view for certain combat and platforming sections - just like Unleashed.
- The winding track-like stages are as much racing game as platform game - just like Unleashed
- Other gameplay elements will see Sonic returning to completed acts to take part in a series of missions and earn more followers.
- Later levels are likely to introduce slightly different play styles. We've even seen one that places Sonic atop a horse-drawn carriage, giving him the opportunity to fend off an ambush from a bunch of nimble assassins
Here is the Pal edition of the box.