Quantcast
X360 Premium 60GB bundle for the same price as a Wii?!?

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - X360 Premium 60GB bundle for the same price as a Wii?!?

There are plenty of Good Xbox 360s deals now and on Black Friday. I'm ready to pick one up next week.



Around the Network
superchunk said:
I wonder if 360 is profitable with all these discounts. Probably is.

Manufacturing costs are around $250 for an XBox360. You do the math..

 



drkohler said:
superchunk said:
I wonder if 360 is profitable with all these discounts. Probably is.

Manufacturing costs are around $250 for an XBox360. You do the math..

 

I'd love to see where you came up with $250 from.

 



Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

depending on what store you go to in canada the 360 60GB is normally cheaper.(the wii has an ...interesting... price variance from store to store)



"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

there are those 360 bundles, with "Kung fu panda", and "Lego Batman(?)", for 239 euro´s. (i dont know if you americans or japanese guys haven them too.) many Onlineshops are selling the 360´s with 60gb for only 199~ (wii - 249), because they sell the bundlecopies seperatly, with more profit :)

look at this shop for example:

http://spielegrotte.de/index.php?kat=100078&anr=42912

i think its now the best time to buy a 360 really cheap.



I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

Around the Network

Canadian deal at dell with GoW2, Kung fu panda and Lego indianna john's for 299$, here's the link. Basically you get Gears2 more for free.

http://accessories.dell.com/sna/products/Xbox_360/productdetail.aspx?c=ca&l=en&cs=cadhs1&sku=A2200325



My favorite games for this gen:

1. Gears of War    2. MGS4    3. Killzone 2   4. Halo 3(Underated by many)      5. Mass Effect

these are some crazy deals, Microsoft is being extremely competitive. You have to hand it to them for outselling the PS3 by 100k this week.



̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.


mrstickball said:
drkohler said:
superchunk said:
I wonder if 360 is profitable with all these discounts. Probably is.

Manufacturing costs are around $250 for an XBox360. You do the math..

I'd love to see where you came up with $250 from.

a) I've seen what is inside of it   b) I have 25 years of experience in mass manufacturing industries   c) I hav actually built computers for a while (over 20 years ago, though)  d) you can find estimates in technology forums that coincide with this value   e) You can compare to the PS3 and make cross reference estimates    f) I just make these numbers up (if you don't like a to e).

 



drkohler said:
mrstickball said:
drkohler said:
superchunk said:
I wonder if 360 is profitable with all these discounts. Probably is.

Manufacturing costs are around $250 for an XBox360. You do the math..

I'd love to see where you came up with $250 from.

a) I've seen what is inside of it   b) I have 25 years of experience in mass manufacturing industries   c) I hav actually built computers for a while (over 20 years ago, though)  d) you can find estimates in technology forums that coincide with this value   e) You can compare to the PS3 and make cross reference estimates    f) I just make these numbers up (if you don't like a to e).

 

A.) You don't know the yields/cost of the chips, B.) You don't know the manufacturing defect rate, C.) You don't know the ongoing warranty costs, D.) You don't know what costing model they use

 



Tease.

Squilliam said:
drkohler said:
mrstickball said:
drkohler said:
superchunk said:
I wonder if 360 is profitable with all these discounts. Probably is.

Manufacturing costs are around $250 for an XBox360. You do the math..

I'd love to see where you came up with $250 from.

A.) You don't know the yields/cost of the chips, B.) You don't know the manufacturing defect rate, C.) You don't know the ongoing warranty costs, D.) You don't know what costing model they use

Obviously nobody knows the yields of the PS3/XBox processors and the exact prices negotiated between the companies (except the parties involved and IBM certainly is not going to tell us). However, rough estimates on yields are known and even if there were uncertainties in the 10-20% range, that would yield to roughly the same differences in chip prices, which again would result in price differences in the single $ digits. None of the other points you bring up have _anything at all_ to do with estimating the manufacturing costs. It really is important to have insight into mass manufacturing processes (and how expensive things are on that level - and I have come across many surprises within the past 25 years when I tried to estimate stuff without knowing the facts behind them) when trying to figure out the manufacturing of a mass market gadget (something you obviously lack so don't make up invalid points to argue).