Quantcast
First Day Sales (Fire Emblem Wii and MHP2)

Forums - Sales Discussion - First Day Sales (Fire Emblem Wii and MHP2)

Source http://psp.ign.com/articles/768/768254p1.html



Around the Network

kber81 said: stof said: Most people would consider pokemon Diamond/Pearl to count as one game, as VG does. So that would put it at 900,000. Hmm, why? You have to pay for both. I don't know details. There is no difference between them? Only cover?
Because it's essentially the same game, with only the most minor differences in regards to creatures. It is possible that some people might buy both, but for the most part you either get one or the other. Still though, Monster Hunter has some damn high numbers.



I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

stof said: Because it's essentially the same game, with only the most minor differences in regards to creatures. It is possible that some people might buy both, but for the most part you either get one or the other. Still though, Monster Hunter has some damn high numbers.
Minor modification so you are right. Anyway 700k a week is something unusual for psp. I wonder what about hardware. I count for an extra 50 k. We will see. Soon.



shams : how things change between different people. I thought Fire Emblem on the GC was quite strong. I even wonder if you actually played this game, or if you even enjoy (or understand) T-RPG. Graphics/animation have next to nothing to do with the enjoyment in this game, there's actually an option to turn them off. So a comment about this thing specifically, which is one of the most insignificant thing in this game, is downright suspicious. Then you say the story was bordering on silly !? And your character were bordering on invincible ?! I even wonder if we played the same game. And not losing a character, especially in the last mission, has everything to do with tactics and strategy. Even your supposedly bordering on invincible characters can't survive in the last battle if you make a little mistake, and you should know why. Now, I don't know what is the "silly" mode, but in difficult mode, you already get the entire story. Do you get more in this "silly" mode ?



Ookaze, you are absolutely correct. Anyone that says a character in a Fire Emblem game is invincible is someone that hasn't played the game. Completing a Fire Emblem game without losing a character is quite the task. Particularly on the GBA incarnations.



Around the Network

vanguardian1 said: Ey sham, I myself was pleasantly suprised with Fire Emblem : POR but completely disappointed with Final Fantasy XII.
My main issue with POR was the balancing - after some hard initial missions, the game became way too easy. Maybe I shouldn't have used any of that "bonus" experience. Haven't played XII yet - my housemate has it (just came out in Ozland). Finished X - it was pretty average (nothing on VII). Probably give X a 8/10, although it definitely tried my patience at times. May play FFXII - but I definitely won't be buying it ;)



Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

ookaze said: shams : how things change between different people. I thought Fire Emblem on the GC was quite strong. I even wonder if you actually played this game, or if you even enjoy (or understand) T-RPG.
Gimme a break :) Who do you think I am? I have played plenty of J-RPG's, and love T-RPG's (my fav game of all time is Master of Orion 1). Played all the silver/gold box SSI series, etc. Love Advance Wars. And as I said, I did play/finish Fire Emblem on the GC & GBA.
ookaze said: Graphics/animation have next to nothing to do with the enjoyment in this game, there's actually an option to turn them off. So a comment about this thing specifically, which is one of the most insignificant thing in this game, is downright suspicious. Then you say the story was bordering on silly !? And your character were bordering on invincible ?! I even wonder if we played the same game. And not losing a character, especially in the last mission, has everything to do with tactics and strategy. Even your supposedly bordering on invincible characters can't survive in the last battle if you make a little mistake, and you should know why.
Come over to my place - I still have the save game, and can take you through the last few missions if you want. I agree that graphics aren't that important - but its also the major difference between playing it on the GC & GBA. And if you put a game like FE on a console - you might as well make the graphics/animations nice, hey? Im *not* saying they sucked - as they didn't. Just thought that they could be better (backgrounds, textures, etc).
ookaze said:Now, I don't know what is the "silly" mode, but in difficult mode, you already get the entire story. Do you get more in this "silly" mode ?
Sorry - I should have explained more. Its not a game mode - its my 'play' mode. In my books, the whole point of a T-RPG, is to sit there and tactically plan out every move. And you have to get it *just* right. The problem I had with the last mission, was I was doing silly things - using the wrong characters on purpose, placing characters in bad positions. I think I had a handful of characters that didn't even fight. When you position a character in front of a bunch of enemies - and the next AI turn, the AI decides to systematically commit suicide by throwing every character at your character - which they *cannot* scratch - it gets pretty silly. I found that problem with the FE series in general. I was expecting a much harder fight (at the end anyway). A friend suggested that I should replay the game without using *any* of that bonus experience (found that sort of ruined the game - near the end of the game, had enough to level up characters 10-20x...).



Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Darc Requiem said: Ookaze, you are absolutely correct. Anyone that says a character in a Fire Emblem game is invincible is someone that hasn't played the game. Completing a Fire Emblem game without losing a character is quite the task. Particularly on the GBA incarnations.
Lost plenty of characters, and had to replay lots of missions. Just not on the last mission. And I found the last 4-5 missions too easy - as if I had leveled up too much prior to that.



Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Drat! I think my predicitons were way off. There goes my accuracy.



You know whats funny (coming from a PSP owner) is that Monster Hunter 2nd will probally sell more first day in Japan then its whole life time in America. If its released here. I hope so.



fgsduilfgasuklwgefidslzfgb4yiogwefhawi4fbielat5gy240bh3e