Quantcast
Will games continue to portray women as sex objects in the future?

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will games continue to portray women as sex objects in the future?

superchunk said:
vgchartzgirl said:
What's wrong with big boobs? :D

Absolutely nothing. Some say they are magical.

 

But it's a problem whem them boobies are larger than the butts.



Around the Network

I thnik it`s weird that women get offended with that. How many men do you know that get offended when you call them sex objects? I think that it`s a complement...
I think people who think that treating people like sex objects is a bad thing are sexually frustrated.
Random thought I just had: you can make a good protagonist with a ugly male (I think it actualy might make them cooler), but I`ve never seen a strong female protagonist who wasn`t a little bit attractive at least. Has anyone?



Quem disse que a boca é tua?

Qual é, Dadinho...?

Dadinho é o caralho! Meu nome agora é Zé Pequeno!

Johann said:

I thnik it`s weird that women get offended with that. How many men do you know that get offended when you call them sex objects? I think that it`s a complement...
I think people who think that treating people like sex objects is a bad thing are sexually frustrated.
Random thought I just had: you can make a good protagonist with a ugly male (I think it actualy might make them cooler), but I`ve never seen a strong female protagonist who wasn`t a little bit attractive at least. Has anyone?

That's because you're male.  ^_^



I expect another DOA in the future.
sex sells



 "I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Words Of Wisdom said:
Johann said:

I thnik it`s weird that women get offended with that. How many men do you know that get offended when you call them sex objects? I think that it`s a complement...
I think people who think that treating people like sex objects is a bad thing are sexually frustrated.
Random thought I just had: you can make a good protagonist with a ugly male (I think it actualy might make them cooler), but I`ve never seen a strong female protagonist who wasn`t a little bit attractive at least. Has anyone?

That's because you're male.  ^_^

 

Nice

But seriously though, can you give me an example?



Quem disse que a boca é tua?

Qual é, Dadinho...?

Dadinho é o caralho! Meu nome agora é Zé Pequeno!

Around the Network

Until it is proven that the way women are portrayed in video games has a negative effect on sales then dont expect changes



PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks

DTG said:
Men are very sexual and women are far less, hence why women are much more heavily portraid as sex objects by ALL media not only games.

sorry but  that is bullshit



Baddman said:
DTG said:
Men are very sexual and women are far less, hence why women are much more heavily portraid as sex objects by ALL media not only games.

sorry but  that is bullshit

Yes, it is.

I just think human male sexuality is easier to understand and market.

Big boobs? Good

Little clothing? Good

Stupidity? Excellent

Now what about women? It`s just a mess that no one understands. Probably because it tends to change from one to another.

Big boobs? Is that good? Who the f*** knows!

Stupidity? Is that good? Again, who the f*** knows!

Little clothing? Well, not a lot of women watch wrestling matches so again, who knows?



Quem disse que a boca é tua?

Qual é, Dadinho...?

Dadinho é o caralho! Meu nome agora é Zé Pequeno!

In the long run, sex sells.

THQ hired Tera Patrick for promoting Saints Row 2, and who's shitting on their parade? And as it's been stated before in this thread, it's not like we haven't seen the "ideal" masculine male with huge pecs and biceps punching the crap out of everything that stands in his way.

Videogames are fantasy, fiction. Unless you're a World War II game, in which case you don't see your scantily clad ladies nor humongous steroid dudes.

It's just gaming. There's worse crap going on in movies and film. I had a rant about games and sex during a recent show, about Grace Kim (former Activision PR Lead) posing in PlayBoy. Sex, sexy, sensuality, lust nudity, it's all in games and used to tell stories. It's normal. The thing I hate is when people use games to sell the sex. As in this recent photoshoot.

People don't really care about Grace Kim, don't get me wrong she is beautiful and I'm sure she's a great soul. Plaster her on the cover of PlayBoy and people shrug their shoulders. Label her as the PR lead of a hot videogame company and a well known videogame, and you instantly have someone's attention, it got mine.

Like I said with Tera Patrick, booth babes, hell my site might even have our own "sexy model" soon, are all sex symbols to grab attention for a game. But that's not what the game is about. So my only issue is using/exploiting a game to sell the sex.



Sex sells, it's as simple as that. If I see a game where a hot girl appears it attracts my vision. I'm pretty sure that if the girl from Beyond Good & Evil was a lot hotter the game would have sold a lot more...



PSN ID: lightbleeder

Wii Friend Code: 1176-2599-2195-2652

Super Smash Bros Brawl code: 0388-0514-3237

Feel free to add me and let me know when you do!

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E