Quantcast
Will there be a system next-gen that could TOP PS3's graphics?

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will there be a system next-gen that could TOP PS3's graphics?

leo-j said:
Wojtas said:
leo-j said:
Liquid has already hit "4-d" on the ps3, if the ps3 doesnt produce these maximum "4-d" graphcis, then there is the possibility another console around 2015 can exceed the ps3. But again people dont understand that games like uncharted only mannage to use as much as 30% of the power in the spu's(stated at e3 with gamespot). So pc gamers will say that direct x 10 is the "only way to produce 4-d graphcis" But its thier opinion. In terms of the 360, xbox fans claim to say that halo 3 will look better than gears of war, when epic stated they have brought out the maximum out of the 360, gamers dont realize it. Crisis is the only "4-d" game Ive seen so far, but ps3 has achieved like I said before "4-d" liquid giving it the possibility to produce intense 4-d graphcis.

Dude, stop using the 4-d term. Do you even know what the fourth dimension is according to physics?


An example is your pic, that is 4-d true physical apearence. At least thats what sony calls it.


 4-D has nothing to do with photorealism.....and Wotja's sig is a 2-D image.

 back when we had 2-D games what that meant was there were only 2 axis in the game that you could travel on....one axis (the y axis) was up and down...and the other axis (the x axis) was left and right.  Now when we got 3-D graphics they added a new dimension (hence the "D") the new axis (the z axis) was depth so you could move deeper into the scene or closer to the screen. 

Now we as people live in a 4-D world.  What this means is that we can move up/down (y axis), side to side (x axis) and forward and back (z axis)....now the X, Y, and Z axis are all spacial dimensions the fourth dimension we live in is time.

Now if you wanna go really deep with it we get into string theory and M-Theory which is a unification of the 5 major string theories and ultimately brings us to a total 11 Dimensions (if you subscribe to M-theory), of which we as people only percieve 4.  But to truly explain any of that I'm going to need you to at least have a basic understanding of differential equations and probably a solid grasp on general relativity and probably special relativity. 

 



To Each Man, Responsibility
Around the Network
Wojtas said:
leo-j said:
Wojtas said:
Soriku you are kind of naive. Look at it this way, just how good can graphics get? Well the answer is pretty simple: as good as your eyesight is. Photo realistic graphics are gonna be the boundry that nothing can surpass.

Of course it might take a while until we achieve this kind of technology that would enable us to play a game utilizing such graphics but let's remeber just how fast progress is being made in that department.

Gran turismo 5 looks more realistic than a real car have you seen the comparison? Photo realistic graphics can be surpassed gran turismo 5 did it.


 I'll say this only once. Stop acting the goat. It makes people reading your post feel faint having too read such utter BS.

BTW, the forth dimension is time. No next time you start spouting some nonsense about 4-d, you might want to check if your game can take you back in time to the flinstone age and leave you there. 


What he said >_>


Let's see if a cross platform game performs better on the PS3 than on the 360 first. GTA4 will tell the story.



 

 

Sqrl said:
leo-j said:
Wojtas said:
leo-j said:
Liquid has already hit "4-d" on the ps3, if the ps3 doesnt produce these maximum "4-d" graphcis, then there is the possibility another console around 2015 can exceed the ps3. But again people dont understand that games like uncharted only mannage to use as much as 30% of the power in the spu's(stated at e3 with gamespot). So pc gamers will say that direct x 10 is the "only way to produce 4-d graphcis" But its thier opinion. In terms of the 360, xbox fans claim to say that halo 3 will look better than gears of war, when epic stated they have brought out the maximum out of the 360, gamers dont realize it. Crisis is the only "4-d" game Ive seen so far, but ps3 has achieved like I said before "4-d" liquid giving it the possibility to produce intense 4-d graphcis.

Dude, stop using the 4-d term. Do you even know what the fourth dimension is according to physics?


An example is your pic, that is 4-d true physical apearence. At least thats what sony calls it.


4-D has nothing to do with photorealism.....and Wotja's sig is a 2-D image.

back when we had 2-D games what that meant was there were only 2 axis in the game that you could travel on....one axis (the y axis) was up and down...and the other axis (the x axis) was left and right. Now when we got 3-D graphics they added a new dimension (hence the "D") the new axis (the z axis) was depth so you could move deeper into the scene or closer to the screen.

Now we as people live in a 4-D world. What this means is that we can move up/down (y axis), side to side (x axis) and forward and back (z axis)....now the X, Y, and Z axis are all spacial dimensions the fourth dimension we live in is time.

Now if you wanna go really deep with it we get into string theory and M-Theory which is a unification of the 5 major string theories and ultimately brings us to a total 11 Dimensions (if you subscribe to M-theory), of which we as people only percieve 4. But to truly explain any of that I'm going to need you to at least have a basic understanding of differential equations and probably a solid grasp on general relativity and probably special relativity.

 


 Are you talking about the Superstring Theory that was anounced by J. Schwarz?



Deep into the darkness pearing

Long i stood there

Wondering

Fearing

Doubting. 

The PS3 hasn't blown the 360 out of the water like people were expecting, not for a system that came out a year later. These powerhouse systems differentiate through the way of exclusives.



 

 

Around the Network
ceres said:
leo-j said:
Wojtas said:
Soriku you are kind of naive. Look at it this way, just how good can graphics get? Well the answer is pretty simple: as good as your eyesight is. Photo realistic graphics are gonna be the boundry that nothing can surpass.

Of course it might take a while until we achieve this kind of technology that would enable us to play a game utilizing such graphics but let's remeber just how fast progress is being made in that department.

 Gran turismo 5 looks more realistic than a real car have you seen the comparison? Photo realistic graphics can be surpassed gran turismo 5 did it.


Looks more realistic than a real car????? Um..... yeah.....


http://ps3.qj.net/Spot-the-difference-GTHD-vs-Real-Life/pg/49/aid/91534



 

mM

You numbskull of course they look the same when you take a picture of a resolution not even close to that of the human eye and a single frame from the game.

It's real life perfomance that you should base on.



Deep into the darkness pearing

Long i stood there

Wondering

Fearing

Doubting. 

IF the Wii wipes out the floor with the competition then we wont see anything more powerful .All the companies will try to bring the least powerful an cheaper console and flood it with remakes of old games and casual games to "win " at the Wii style .



Wojtas said:
You numbskull of course they look the same when you take a picture of a resolution not even close to that of the human eye and a single frame from the game.

It's real life perfomance that you should base on.

Did you see gran turismo prolugue? They dont look the same GTHD looks better



 

mM
leo-j said:
ceres said:
leo-j said:
Wojtas said:
Soriku you are kind of naive. Look at it this way, just how good can graphics get? Well the answer is pretty simple: as good as your eyesight is. Photo realistic graphics are gonna be the boundry that nothing can surpass.

Of course it might take a while until we achieve this kind of technology that would enable us to play a game utilizing such graphics but let's remeber just how fast progress is being made in that department.

 Gran turismo 5 looks more realistic than a real car have you seen the comparison? Photo realistic graphics can be surpassed gran turismo 5 did it.


Looks more realistic than a real car????? Um..... yeah.....


http://ps3.qj.net/Spot-the-difference-GTHD-vs-Real-Life/pg/49/aid/91534


Trust me, you can't win this argument because even pre-rendered graphics are still not as good as filmed images and are thus not photorealistic ... If a renderfarm can't meet photorealism the PS3 certainly can't