Quantcast
Vegan, vegetarian, or Omnivore?

Forums - General Discussion - Vegan, vegetarian, or Omnivore?

bouzane said:
@Moongoddess256

It's funny how you state that people eat an unnatural amount of meat then you mention becoming a vegan. Human beings can not survive without the vitamin B12 provided by meat, eggs and milk. Without supplements it is not possible to live as a vegan. The average American's gluttony does not change the fact that eating meat is both natural and healthy.

 

 

Veganism isn't about being healthy. Its about how evil it is to use and breed animals as if they were machines that only exist for us to use.

Also. http://www.pamrotella.com/health/b12.html



[2:08:58 am] Moongoddess256: being asian makes you naturally good at ddr
[2:09:22 am] gnizmo: its a weird genetic thing
[2:09:30 am] gnizmo: goes back to hunting giant crabs in feudal Japan

Around the Network

I would love to respect the opinions of vegetarians and vegans, but they don't seem to feel the same way. I'm fine with them as long as they're not pretentious or rude, but as this thread has shown, that isn't always the case.

I'm aware that becoming a vegetarian or vegan is SUCH A MOMENTOUS life choice that you feel that you're better than other people, but really, be quiet.

Also remember that I don't direct this towards all vegetarians or vegans. I have a few friends who belong to either of the two groups, and they're secure in their choice. When some people feel the need to be aggressive towards those who eat meat, it sickens me.

Anywho, I'm an omnivore. I've considered becoming a vegetarian at times, but there's just too much good food out there to miss out on.



 

 

bouzane said:
@Moongoddess256

It's funny how you state that people eat an unnatural amount of meat then you mention becoming a vegan. Human beings can not survive without the vitamin B12 provided by meat, eggs and milk. Without supplements it is not possible to live as a vegan. The average American's gluttony does not change the fact that eating meat is both natural and healthy.

Marmite is packed full of B12. A tiny 4g has 60% of B12 RDA. If you eat marmite then you'll know you only need a small amount. I usually eat bran flakes with soymilk everyday at work. This alone has 200% RDA of B12 in it. I know it's been fortified but it's not a separate supplement. A lot of foods are fortified now. Breakfast cereals, bread, pasta, margarines and milk. I also eat a lot of quorn which is high in protein and recently discovered quinoa. It's a grain that has complete protein so all the amino acids you need. I'm a seasoned vegetarian BTW.

Montana- I don't care if other people choose to eat meat. I get really irritated when people attack vegetarianism saying its not natural or its not healthy and cite a bunch of myths.



[2:08:58 am] Moongoddess256: being asian makes you naturally good at ddr
[2:09:22 am] gnizmo: its a weird genetic thing
[2:09:30 am] gnizmo: goes back to hunting giant crabs in feudal Japan

Moongoddess256 said:
Montana- I don't care if other people choose to eat meat. I get really irritated when people attack vegetarianism saying its not natural or its not healthy and cite a bunch of myths.

That's fine. I didn't want to come off as too rude, but it's one of my pet peeves, and I express them well!

 



 

 

Around the Network
Flow said:
Omni is a strong word, don't you think? Seems like i eat EVERYTHING...

Oh well, by wikipedia's definition, i'm an omnivore :D

I don't know if Omni is strong enough....Humans eat everything!  If we had cellulase we would eat wood

 



MontanaHatchet said:
I would love to respect the opinions of vegetarians and vegans, but they don't seem to feel the same way. I'm fine with them as long as they're not pretentious or rude, but as this thread has shown, that isn't always the case.

I'm aware that becoming a vegetarian or vegan is SUCH A MOMENTOUS life choice that you feel that you're better than other people, but really, be quiet.

Also remember that I don't direct this towards all vegetarians or vegans. I have a few friends who belong to either of the two groups, and they're secure in their choice. When some people feel the need to be aggressive towards those who eat meat, it sickens me.

Anywho, I'm an omnivore. I've considered becoming a vegetarian at times, but there's just too much good food out there to miss out on.

agreed. 

Also never actually responded to thread: I'm an Omnivore

 



Omnivore here....Again, I'm more to the meat side...I just had salami lol...it's okay...



 

I'm a vegetarian for about four years and the rest of my life. Though, there are still people who cannot accept the fact that it's my decision to renounce eating meat.



Omnivore.

I too think we have evolved as a species to be omnivores and thus it is the best option. Just study our own evolution, it wasn't but a few species ago that live 100% off of plant products only. What happened to them? They were replaced by a omnivore descendant with bigger body structure and over a 40% larger brain that was solely attributed to the much higher protein in their diets.

Without our modern science you would be forced to eat meat to survive.

In our modern times we have developed the ability to live without the necessity of meat products in a very healthy lifestyle. At the same time our modern society has made the ability to eat too much meat in very unhealthy ways too accessible and that of course has created a lot of misinformation that meat is bad for you. My argument is no, an 'Ultimate Cheeseburger' from Jack in the box is bad for you, not meat in general.