Quantcast
Do you have a Wii but never bought a Gamecube?

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do you have a Wii but never bought a Gamecube?

Exactly the same situation as JustBen.

I did not own a Gamecube -- the last console I owned was a Playstation 1. I have been (primarily) a PC Gamer since then.  



http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Around the Network

got the Wii, never had GC or N64, had PS2 instead.

Looking forward mostly to Mario Galaxy, Metroid, Red Steel 2, and the Raving rabbids 2 :)

 

Edit: forgot to mention that prior to wii i was mainly playing on PC instead of PS2 



.

I know some local used game stores that are selling out of GC games fast now that everyone has a Wii and wants to play the GC games they could never justify buying a GC for. Eternal Darkness, RE Code Veronica and MGS: Twin Snakes are some of the best sellers. (I'm aware Code Veronica was multi-plat but everyone wants it for GC for some reason apparently)



RolStoppable said:

 It has been said that only 10 % of the current Wii owners didn't own a 6th generation console, the other 90 % are either Nintendo fans or gamers who owned a PS2 and/or Xbox.

 

My take on what the 90% represent is: around 50% Nintendo fans (comparing to early adopters of GC last gen) and 50% previous PS2/Xbox owners. This is, of course, based on the premise that only 10% of current Wii owners did not own a 6th generation console. This is not that farfetched, especially considering that, during Nintendo's E3 Press conference, Reggie noted that 95% of current Wii owners are core gamers.



Got a Wii, no Gamecube.

Games to look forward to: Metroid Prime 3, Mario Galaxy, Smash Bros. Brawl and No More Heroes.



Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network

What is No More Heroes about? Never seen anything on it? Have no clue what it is.



DonWii said:
No GC. Yes. Too many to list.

I will note that I owned a PS2 last gen (though I left it for a while in favor of MMO's), and N64 before that.

DonWii said:
RolStoppable said:

It has been said that only 10 % of the current Wii owners didn't own a 6th generation console, the other 90 % are either Nintendo fans or gamers who owned a PS2 and/or Xbox.

 

My take on what the 90% represent is: around 50% Nintendo fans (comparing to early adopters of GC last gen) and 50% previous PS2/Xbox owners. This is, of course, based on the premise that only 10% of current Wii owners did not own a 6th generation console. This is not that farfetched, especially considering that, during Nintendo's E3 Press conference, Reggie noted that 95% of current Wii owners are core gamers.


No, what Reggie noted was that of the core gamers who own a Wii, 95 % of them play the Wii regularly. He said it to show that core gamers have high interest in the Wii and that's why there is no reason for Nintendo to stop making games for core gamers.



Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

Before Wii, my last console was SNES. I gamed exclusively on PC during the years between.



There are lost of great games for the Cube that people missed out on because either they thought Nintendo games are kiddy or not tehhardorez!1!. Grab a wavebird and check out these games:

Super Mario Sunshine - Not as revolutionary as Mario 64 was but a great platformer. And it's very difficult as you get into the later levels.

Star Wars Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader - Awesome action flight game. I've yet to see developers create a better looking game on the Wii than Rogue Leader. And it was a launch title!

Pikmin 2 - Great addictive RTS style game. I preferred the sequel because they got rid of the time limit.

Eternal Darkness - Great mature storyline and the sanity effects still creep me out.

Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker - Great art style and the game play is mazing. If they didn't rush the game and left out those 2 dungeons it would have been my favorite Zelda ever.

Metroid Prime - My favorite game of last gen, everyone should play this game. Amazing beautiful designed worlds, satisfying game play challenging bosses. Just one of the greatest games of all time!



WiiU Network ID:  the_Ultros

PSN: Anthaleigh

Xbxox Live:  campblood1980