Quantcast
New Jasper power supply -- 150W

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - New Jasper power supply -- 150W

Looks like the new Jasper MoBo's power supply might be 150W:

http://certificates.iecee.org/cbtestcert/cbtestcert.nsf/67a4b04f48e1555cc12570a0005f3d1b/731a188c53d13a6bc125745e0021af94?OpenDocument

 

here's the current supply from the same source:

http://certificates.iecee.org/cbtestcert/cbtestcert.nsf/67a4b04f48e1555cc12570a0005f3d1b/c0b5a1235325ad9ec125745e0020e793?OpenDocument

 

(look at the model numbers, if you cannot figure out the rating from the numbers in the data)

 

Also, The lot numbers on the box seem to indicate the production date, if you can't see the actual date through the slot on the box -- the lot numbers appear to be (year) (week) (something I forget) -- so a box labelled lot number "0833xx" will have been produced on the 33rd week of this year (in August).  So far, all lot numbers up to 0833xx have been Falcons, according to a few places around the web (up through August 11th or so production dates actually on the boxes).  

MS said that the Jaspers wouldn't roll out until the end of August, or early September, so if you want one, I wouldn't try your luck with a machine with a lot number below 0835xx, or so.  Honestly, I'd wait until I saw a 0836xx or later -- at the least.  The first few Jaspers may even come with 175W power supplies, due to overstock.



Around the Network

How do you deduct 150w from the stats on the page btw?



I'm not really fond of electricity/current knowledge, starting from not understanding the Ohms law back in grade 12...so can someone explain to me this...

If my falcon xbox uses 175W and my freinds is the old 203W...could we exchange power supply's and have our xboxes working?

Or would maybe mine work with his 203Watt supply and his wouldn't with my 175W?

Reason why I ask is because if my power supply fails, I need to know if i can get the cheaper power supply or if I need to hunt down the exact one.



disolitude said:
I'm not really fond of electricity/current knowledge, starting from not understanding the Ohms law back in grade 12...so can someone explain to me this...

If my falcon xbox uses 175W and my freinds is the old 203W...could we exchange power supply's and have our xboxes working?

Or would maybe mine work with his 203Watt supply and his wouldn't with my 175W?

Reason why I ask is because if my power supply fails, I need to know if i can get the cheaper power supply or if I need to hunt down the exact one.

That

 Its the same with PC bits, a 203w power supply could actually potentially have better quality components than a 175w one!

If you put the 175w in a Xenon mobo based 360 it will most likely blow the power supply, depending on the threshold that the power supplies are really capable of.



KatinJin said:
How do you deduct 150w from the stats on the page btw?

 

I modified the original post with a link to the current 175W power supply for comparison.  Volts * Amps doesn't cut it for power supply ratings, I know that much (old 175W is listed at 4.7A, new 150W one is listed at 4.0A), but I'm pretty foggy on the details beyond that.



Around the Network
Burgles said:
disolitude said:
I'm not really fond of electricity/current knowledge, starting from not understanding the Ohms law back in grade 12...so can someone explain to me this...

If my falcon xbox uses 175W and my freinds is the old 203W...could we exchange power supply's and have our xboxes working?

Or would maybe mine work with his 203Watt supply and his wouldn't with my 175W?

Reason why I ask is because if my power supply fails, I need to know if i can get the cheaper power supply or if I need to hunt down the exact one.

That

 Its the same with PC bits, a 203w power supply could actually potentially have better quality components than a 175w one!

If you put the 175w in a Xenon mobo based 360 it will most likely blow the power supply, depending on the threshold that the power supplies are really capable of.

 

 Thank you very much...



thnx for the info