Quantcast
Locked: Goodbye nintendo

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Goodbye nintendo

Nintendo catered to the hardcore the last two gens and ended up in third place with little third party support, now they stand triumphant, thanks to the casuals and nongamers



 

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Around the Network
Celb said:
Rath said:
Celb said:
Nin is NOT about games anymore. Just accept it.

I dont think they are hurting gaming, if anything they will bring in new people to Sony and MS consoles.


Has there ever been a post as fanboyish as this one?

Posting an opinion and then demanding we accept it as fact without posting ANY reasoning to back it up.

 

The earth is flat. Just accept it.


ok then Wheres Nintendos anwser to 

Killzone/Halo

GranTurismo/Forza

God of war/NGs/Heavenly/DevilMayCry

Wheres Nintendos online, what 3/4 games will have online in 2007 LOL

WhiteNightStory/Mass Affect where the RPGS ?

 but they do have 10 differant gimmick controller addons, a exercise board and WOW a weight scale.  

 

 

 


 What is MS and Sony's answer to games like SSBB, Metroid, Galaxy, Mario Kart?



 

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Why is everyone so threatened by Nintendo? Fine, if you think they are stupid, unimaginative, lazy that's okay, so be it. Everyone just play whatever games makes you happy. Don't even worry about the guy next to you. No one pay any attention to Nintendo. They will disappear in a couple of months because according to some of the logic here, they aren't pleasing anyone. They don't understand the business of video games. And reaching out to untapped markets. pfft. As if that will ever work. Look at the DS, it's a fad. It won't last another 6 months cause it has no games. NO ONE PLAYS THE DS! Games aren't about fun. They are meant to look good. You are meant to feel cool when playing video games. When girls come over, they should be dazzled by the graphics and the amount of characters running around on the screen. No one pay any attention to the Wii. It will go away in a couple more months. You won't have to ever see it again.



 

 

Astrodust said:
Why is everyone so threatened by Nintendo? Fine, if you think they are stupid, unimaginative, lazy that's okay, so be it. Everyone just play whatever games makes you happy. Don't even worry about the guy next to you. No one pay any attention to Nintendo. They will disappear in a couple of months because according to some of the logic here, they aren't pleasing anyone. They don't understand the business of video games. And reaching out to untapped markets. pfft. As if that will ever work. Look at the DS, it's a fad. It won't last another 6 months cause it has no games. NO ONE PLAYS THE DS! Games aren't about fun. They are meant to look good. You are meant to feel cool when playing video games. When girls come over, they should be dazzled by the graphics and the amount of characters running around on the screen. No one pay any attention to the Wii. It will go away in a couple more months. You won't have to ever see it again.

Don't forget that Nintendo dares to make profits from videogames. That's dirty business.



Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

Celb said:

ok then Wheres Nintendos anwser to 

Killzone/Halo

GranTurismo/Forza

God of war/NGs/Heavenly/DevilMayCry

Nowhere, you hear me? It's nowhere! That is not Nintendo's core, never was. Third parties can answer that, and they have with the likes of RE, and thanks to the userbase Nintendo built, they will sell. Nintendo doesn't make those kinds of games, why should they!? To suffocate third parties more (that's a common argument)?

And were's Sony's answer to Brawl, or Kart? You think any Sony platformer stands a chance to be as successful as Galaxy?



Reality has a Nintendo bias.
Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Astrodust said:
Why is everyone so threatened by Nintendo? Fine, if you think they are stupid, unimaginative, lazy that's okay, so be it. Everyone just play whatever games makes you happy. Don't even worry about the guy next to you. No one pay any attention to Nintendo. They will disappear in a couple of months because according to some of the logic here, they aren't pleasing anyone. They don't understand the business of video games. And reaching out to untapped markets. pfft. As if that will ever work. Look at the DS, it's a fad. It won't last another 6 months cause it has no games. NO ONE PLAYS THE DS! Games aren't about fun. They are meant to look good. You are meant to feel cool when playing video games. When girls come over, they should be dazzled by the graphics and the amount of characters running around on the screen. No one pay any attention to the Wii. It will go away in a couple more months. You won't have to ever see it again.

Don't forget that Nintendo dares to make profits from videogames. That's dirty business.


As if. Nintendo doesn't know how to make profits at all. They are losing billions right now as we speak. They have no business sense at all. Their stock is dropping faster than a fat man on smarties. Don't even pay any attention to the Wii. It won't last another couple of months. All the Sony and Microsoft fans are right. They are digging their own coffin. It's teh doom for Nintendo.



 

 

Astrodust said:

As if. Nintendo doesn't know how to make profits at all. They are losing billions right now as we speak. They have no business sense at all. Their stock is dropping faster than a fat man on smarties. Don't even pay any attention to the Wii. It won't last another couple of months. All the Sony and Microsoft fans are right. They are digging their own coffin. It's teh doom for Nintendo.


I admit defeat. I can't play this game nowhere near as good as you.



Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

KruzeS said:
Celb said:

ok then Wheres Nintendos anwser to

Killzone/Halo

GranTurismo/Forza

God of war/NGs/Heavenly/DevilMayCry

Nowhere, you hear me? It's nowhere! That is not Nintendo's core, never was. Third parties can answer that, and they have with the likes of RE, and thanks to the userbase Nintendo built, they will sell. Nintendo doesn't make those kinds of games, why should they!? To suffocate third parties more (that's a common argument)?

And were's Sony's answer to Brawl, or Kart? You think any Sony platformer stands a chance to be as successful as Galaxy?


But you can't shoot people in the face in a platformer.

 edit: Alrigt, I'll lay off shooters for a while. It's just the abundance of them shown at E3 irritated me.



Current systems owned: Wii, 360. I'll get a PS3 when hell freezes over!... or when the price drops to a reasonable level. Whichever comes first.

Punch Rockgroin said:
KruzeS said:
Celb said:

ok then Wheres Nintendos anwser to

Killzone/Halo

GranTurismo/Forza

God of war/NGs/Heavenly/DevilMayCry

Nowhere, you hear me? It's nowhere! That is not Nintendo's core, never was. Third parties can answer that, and they have with the likes of RE, and thanks to the userbase Nintendo built, they will sell. Nintendo doesn't make those kinds of games, why should they!? To suffocate third parties more (that's a common argument)?

And were's Sony's answer to Brawl, or Kart? You think any Sony platformer stands a chance to be as successful as Galaxy?


But you can't shoot people in the face in a platformer.


That is correct. We need more face shooting.

It's been interesting to see the PS3/360 argument against the Wii evolve over time, as the Wii's popularity has continued, relentlessly, to railroad everything in its path.

Pre-November 2006: "The PS3 will dominate. The Wii may be Nintendo's last console. They had a good run."

January: "The Wii is doing well right now, but it's just a fad. This will be over by March."

March: "Okay, the Wii is still selling, but where are the games? There are no games coming out for it."

June: "Okay, there are lots of games coming now, but where are the games I like? I don't see anything I want."

July: "God, I hate Nintendo."



http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

RolStoppable said:
Astrodust said:
Why is everyone so threatened by Nintendo? Fine, if you think they are stupid, unimaginative, lazy that's okay, so be it. Everyone just play whatever games makes you happy. Don't even worry about the guy next to you. No one pay any attention to Nintendo. They will disappear in a couple of months because according to some of the logic here, they aren't pleasing anyone. They don't understand the business of video games. And reaching out to untapped markets. pfft. As if that will ever work. Look at the DS, it's a fad. It won't last another 6 months cause it has no games. NO ONE PLAYS THE DS! Games aren't about fun. They are meant to look good. You are meant to feel cool when playing video games. When girls come over, they should be dazzled by the graphics and the amount of characters running around on the screen. No one pay any attention to the Wii. It will go away in a couple more months. You won't have to ever see it again.

Don't forget that Nintendo dares to make profits from videogames. That's dirty business.

 

No, Stoppable, you just don't understand. The heathens are making profits on the CONSOLES! It's madness!



Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom!