Quantcast
Be honest, Which of these U.S Maps look like 2008?

Forums - General Discussion - Be honest, Which of these U.S Maps look like 2008?

The color swithing is wierd, My mom always gets them mixed up, but now I know why. She must of goten used to seeing them like that I guess.

I never even knew they were reveresed



 

My Real Redneck friends


Around the Network

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_and_blue_states#Origins_of_current_color_scheme



rocketpig said:
The Ghost of RubangB said:

So weird how we changed colors in 2000 for no reason.

I'm pretty sure Obama's preacher and Palin's tard baby had something to do with it.

Man, if the American public thought young John-John Kennedy popping up from under the president's desk was endearing, wait until Palin's kid does it, but with a fresh, sandy snack in hand from the White House cat box. Precious.



The dedication you show to any particular console or company is inversely proportional to the number of times you have gotten laid. If you get laid enough, even if you prefer a certain brand, you just don't give enough of a shit to argue about it on the internet.

The Ghost of RubangB said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_and_blue_states#Origins_of_current_color_scheme

 

Wow....I had no idea that Red and Blue states was such a relatively recent term.  The 2000 election was the first one I really got involved with....so they've always just 'been there.'



rocketpig said:
In case some of you have no idea what the hell I'm talking about:

 

lol. now that is what we call ownage....



Not trying to be a fanboy. Of course, it's hard when you own the best console eve... dang it

Around the Network

rocketpig said:
In case some of you have no idea what the hell I'm talking about:

If Mickey Mouse ran on the Democratic Ticket, I think DC would still be blue.



ManusJustus said:

rocketpig said:
In case some of you have no idea what the hell I'm talking about:

If Mickey Mouse ran on the Democratic Ticket, I think DC would still be blue.

Probably, which is why I didn't mention it. DC almost always votes Democrat.

 




Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

2000 is closest.

Obama should win all of the Gore states, and I expect he'll pick up two to three of the following eight:

Colorado, New Hampshire, Virginia, Ohio, Misouri, Florida, Indiana, Nevada

Personally, I think it goes:

Obama states = Gore states + NH + Colorado

 

That would be ~273 electoal votes.

 

Barr could flip Montana, Alaska (heh Palin or not), Colorado, maybe a few others to Obama if he gets 3%+ in those libertarian areas. Clinton won in 92' because of Perot's help in places like Montana, Louisiana, Georgia, etc.



People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

TheSource said:

2000 is closest.

Obama should win all of the Gore states, and I expect he'll pick up two to three of the following eight:

Colorado, New Hampshire, Virginia, Ohio, Misouri, Florida, Indiana, Nevada

Personally, I think it goes:

Obama states = Gore states + NH + Colorado

 

That would be ~273 electoal votes.

 

Barr could flip Montana, Alaska (heh Palin or not), Colorado, maybe a few others to Obama if he gets 3%+ in those libertarian areas. Clinton won in 92' because of Perot's help in places like Montana, Louisiana, Georgia, etc.

No way does Obama win Alaska. In case you hadn't noticed, Palin has a ~90% approval rating there. That's stupid-crazy-high.

Automatic GOP win.

 




Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

What does DC stand for? it's one of those tiny states I can't remember the name of.

Also....Why do Americans always do things the opposite to everywhere else?
---from the Wiki page:
"The choice of colors in this divide is counter-intuitive to many international observers, as throughout the world, red is commonly the designated color for parties representing labor, socialist, communist, and/or liberal interests,[12] [13] which in the United States would be more closely correlated with the Democratic Party. Similarly, blue is used in these countries to depict conservative parties which in the case of the United States would be a color more suitable for the Republicans."