Quantcast
Locked: The Wii to be Nintendo's last Console?!?!

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Wii to be Nintendo's last Console?!?!

Nah. I was reffering that I would love a Mario FPS.
A good Mario FPS with a good co op singleplayer.






Around the Network
konnichiwa said:
Nah. I was reffering that I would love a Mario FPS.
A good Mario FPS with a good co op singleplayer.

"co op singleplayer"? That's an oxymoron.



Wii Code 8761-5941-4718-0078 

konnichiwa said:
Look to the screenshot of Mario again and look to the orange and blue thing behind him that is typical Nintendo.

And if you read this topic you would noticed that I include as an Example ^^ of an good nintendo detailed game.

And Jak is a good example of the details thank you, every personage is great!


If I remember correctly, before that game was released there was a discussion with the Art Lead about Super Mario Sunshine and he commented that the texturing in every level was designed to emphasize the climate; that Delphino Plaza (the level you brought up) was designed to look sunwashed while other areas were designed with other looks in mind. If you actually had played the game you would have noticed how diverse and how much detail had been put into every level of the game.

Screenshots will never do justice to most Gamecube games because they were captured from RCA inputs on really crappy videocards ... 



As I understand it, it was Nintendo's last jab at a home console....IF it failed miserably. At this point, it's safe to say that Nintendo isn't going anywhere.



Saintelistan86 said:
As I understand it, it was Nintendo's last jab at a home console....IF it failed miserably. At this point, it's safe to say that Nintendo isn't going anywhere.

Nintendo has cash reserves in the range of $5-7 billion. Even if the Wii would have failed as miserably as the Xbox ($4 billion losses) they would still be here for the next generation. But due to its business model, the Wii is guaranteed to be profitable for Nintendo even if it would only sell 20m units worldwide in its lifetime.

It was always safe to say that Nintendo isn't going anywhere. 



Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

Around the Network
naznatips said:
 

Oh... look at that, who would have thought a game made 4 years later looks better *rolls eyes.* Nintendo puts a lot of effort and polish into their games. They do have a perfectionist policy, and they don't tolerate mistakes. There are very few developers who take that attitude in making their games. The only others that I know of are Valve and Blizzard. So, I'm not saying Sony games are bad, but they do not have the commitment to perfection that Nintendo does.

I would put id, Epic and Crytek on the same pedestal.

id took seven years to release Doom, and said that the game would be done "when it's done".

Epic doesn't seem to have any problems releasing their games on time, but their Unreal series deliver consistent games that have exceptional polish.

Crytek have been commercializing their Crytek 2 engine before Crysis is being released. This shows that while the technology is there, they are taking their time to polish their very own title.

It has to be said though, for the aforementioned developers, their primary focus is on creating next-generation game engines that can be commercialized for third-party projects - their own games therefore become the game engine's showcase, "proof-in-the-pudding" that their game engines have what it takes to deliver outstanding games. 

Now, what about 3D Realms? Is their Duke Nukem Forever taking decades because they are taking the quality approach, or is it because  DNF really stands for Did Not Finish?

 



EEPiccolo said:
twesterm said:
Gballzack said:

An employee at Gamestop the other day told me about that the Wii was intended to be Nintendo's last jab at stationary console gaming.


Your first problem is listening to some twit from Gamestop.


How true that is. Last time I was there the guy asked me if I wanted to pre-order StarCraft 2, which was only just announced a few weeks ago and might not be released for a couple years. But just to explore the stupidity, I figured I'd ask him if the min reqs were known yet. He said no, but that Vista would be required. And the hilarious thing is that the only thing that is known about SC2 is that it will run on Vista or XP! (see the SC2 FAQ)

Bottom line, never, ever, ever listen to a Gamestop employee. And with regards to the subject of this thread, the vast majority of Gamestop employees I've talked to have been anti-nintendo, so you can especially ignore something like this.


 Hey, ass, don't put a single mask on all Gamestop employees. I work at Gamestop, and in my area, we really don't care who wins as long as we can get reservations and sell subscriptions to you.

 Saying stuff like "never listen to a Gamestop employee" is so flaming ignorant that you deserve to be banned in my eyes. How dare you lump all of us together.



 

Currently playing: Civ 6

akuma587 said:
I have heard this before from other sources too. Obviously the Wii fans decided to selective erase it from their memories.

Now the Wii's success may completely change things, but I still had heard this before (I think from Kotaku...but I don't exactly remember and couldn't find a passable link). The way they looked at is that they would be able to license out their first party characters to other companies in order to maintain profits on consoles that way. There is no way to confirm or deny this until a couple of years from now anyways, so nobody start flaming.

 You know the rules...link or its a lie



 

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

cdude1034 said:
EEPiccolo said:
twesterm said:
Gballzack said:

An employee at Gamestop the other day told me about that the Wii was intended to be Nintendo's last jab at stationary console gaming.


Your first problem is listening to some twit from Gamestop.


How true that is. Last time I was there the guy asked me if I wanted to pre-order StarCraft 2, which was only just announced a few weeks ago and might not be released for a couple years. But just to explore the stupidity, I figured I'd ask him if the min reqs were known yet. He said no, but that Vista would be required. And the hilarious thing is that the only thing that is known about SC2 is that it will run on Vista or XP! (see the SC2 FAQ)

Bottom line, never, ever, ever listen to a Gamestop employee. And with regards to the subject of this thread, the vast majority of Gamestop employees I've talked to have been anti-nintendo, so you can especially ignore something like this.


Hey, ass, don't put a single mask on all Gamestop employees. I work at Gamestop, and in my area, we really don't care who wins as long as we can get reservations and sell subscriptions to you.

Saying stuff like "never listen to a Gamestop employee" is so flaming ignorant that you deserve to be banned in my eyes. How dare you lump all of us together.


 Why not... most of you are 'wanks' anyway... it's a generalisation but I visit many EB stores all the time and the type of people they employ are wankers, that's just how it is.  You might be the minority.



OriGin said:
cdude1034 said:
EEPiccolo said:
twesterm said:
Gballzack said:

An employee at Gamestop the other day told me about that the Wii was intended to be Nintendo's last jab at stationary console gaming.


Your first problem is listening to some twit from Gamestop.


How true that is. Last time I was there the guy asked me if I wanted to pre-order StarCraft 2, which was only just announced a few weeks ago and might not be released for a couple years. But just to explore the stupidity, I figured I'd ask him if the min reqs were known yet. He said no, but that Vista would be required. And the hilarious thing is that the only thing that is known about SC2 is that it will run on Vista or XP! (see the SC2 FAQ)

Bottom line, never, ever, ever listen to a Gamestop employee. And with regards to the subject of this thread, the vast majority of Gamestop employees I've talked to have been anti-nintendo, so you can especially ignore something like this.


Hey, ass, don't put a single mask on all Gamestop employees. I work at Gamestop, and in my area, we really don't care who wins as long as we can get reservations and sell subscriptions to you.

Saying stuff like "never listen to a Gamestop employee" is so flaming ignorant that you deserve to be banned in my eyes. How dare you lump all of us together.


Why not... most of you are 'wanks' anyway... it's a generalisation but I visit many EB stores all the time and the type of people they employ are wankers, that's just how it is. You might be the minority.


 Maybe out where you live, but here in America, at least in my experience, 85% of the gamestop employees do there job with respect for what they sell and who they sell too. To generalize us in a negative light like that is extremely wrong.



 

Currently playing: Civ 6