Quantcast
VGChartz Members Failure rates.

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - VGChartz Members Failure rates.

MikeB said:

Note that not every XBox 360 owner wants to admit the problems they had in public, as they think this could hurt their favourite platform.

Pretty obvious you'd assume they're all ashamed of their boxes.



Reality has a Nintendo bias.
Around the Network

My cousin's friend's sister has had 14 break on her. One tried to kill her.

Kruze said:
"Pretty obvious you'd assume they're all ashamed of their boxes."



This is nonsense. The vast majority of the people love the box. Hadn't you heard?



http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Have my 360 a year now. I play a lot on it and had never a problem...



My first one was dead out of the box (disc drive wouldn't eject) but after talking to the awesome automated support I just took it back to Gamestop and got another one. That was back in December and it's worked fine since.  It's even generally on all the time since I watch DVD's on it while I work and it's in an entertainment center which my friend tells me is a major no-no.



My Dec 05 (2nd batch) died in Feb 07 (out of warranty) Replaced May 07
3 of my 4 friends with them have had theirs repaired.
It may be area based for bad batches. High faliure rate in my area. (georgia)
My friend who works at EB games, said their district has gotten in like 500 this year or so.
But that's just an estimate.



Around the Network
Gamecraze said:
My Dec 05 (2nd batch) died in Feb 07 (out of warranty) Replaced May 07
3 of my 4 friends with them have had theirs repaired.
It may be area based for bad batches. High faliure rate in my area. (georgia)
My friend who works at EB games, said their district has gotten in like 500 this year or so.
But that's just an estimate.

As we already said, the question was not about your friends, but only about you..

I know 4 people at work, that has a Xbox 360, as far as I know, none of them has had any problems.

(fixed quote..)



Voyager4DK said:
twesterm said:
My first one was dead out of the box (disc drive wouldn't eject) but after talking to the awesome automated support I just took it back to Gamestop and got another one. That was back in December and it's worked fine since. It's even generally on all the time since I watch DVD's on it while I work and it's in an entertainment center which my friend tells me is a major no-no.

As already said we, the question was not about your friends, but only about you..

I know 4 people at work, that has a Xbox 360, as far as I know, none of them has had any problems.


 pssst...you quoted the wrong person.  :P

This is one of those fun threads because you get to see just how many people don't bother reading the opening post. 



Current Count:

3/12 - 25% failure right now. Hoping to get 20-30 responses, to see just what happens. 12 is still quite a small number.

Also, just a reminder, this is your XBox360, not anyone elses, and your satisfaction is irrelevant. Some people will give up after one failure, others will sleep with it at night even after the 22nd failure. Just pure Numbers here, though you're free to say it, I'm not counting it.



See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

And it's astonishing, someone quotes that I wanted this only as forum members, then supplies information that... I won't use. Huh.



See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

Own mine since thanksgiving (Canadian Thanksgiving)... no rings here.

edit: deleted crap.. I need to learn to read



Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)