Quantcast
Locked: the Blu-ray thread, will go on untill hddvds death.

Forums - Sony Discussion - the Blu-ray thread, will go on untill hddvds death.

HD-DVD just needs to stick around long enough to drive Blu-Ray prices down. Then HD-DVD should go away for the good of everyone: consumers, publishers, retailers, rental joints, etc. - yes, good for even you haters out there. There is no real high def market until there is only one format standing. Dual format is not a solution either. Dual format is an unnecessary markup created by one studio (Universal).



Around the Network

Blu-ray vs HD DVD: game over - http://blogs.zdnet.com/storage/?p=149


Br players will be down to $300 by xmas, throw in a discount form the retailer you should be able to get a player for around $250! Sure Toshiba being stubborn wil speed up the price drops for BR.




As someone already stated, the point for blue ray is not only to kill HD-DVD,
it is to destroy DVD too !!!
and that will be harder ...

Time to Work !

Blue3 said:
Blu-ray vs HD DVD: game over - http://blogs.zdnet.com/storage/?p=149


Br players will be down to $300 by xmas, throw in a discount form the retailer you should be able to get a player for around $250! Sure Toshiba being stubborn wil speed up the price drops for BR.

Oh no! Blockbuster!? Really!?  Not a rental service that has become increasingly irrelevant as Digital Cable, Satelite, and online rentals took over, causing the company to cut istelf in half, losing profits nation wide with a downward spiraling stock for the last 5 years!  What will HD DVD ever do?! 

I laugh at this format war. Neither is gaining enough ground on DVD to be even a drop in the ocean.  I'll sit back and watch and wait for something that's ACTUALLY better like HVD or downloadable movies to take over.



You must have a really nice Internet connection.



Around the Network

Don't need an internet connection, digital cable delivers content hundreds of times faster than the internet.



Pay-per-view cable has been around since VHS VCR's. It hasn't exactly taken over the world. Also, the article you, FishyJoe, posted yesterday about some roundtable with a bunch of movie studio execs also states that they don't see movie downloads taking off in the next five or even ten years. I personally don't see movie downloads taking off until they can resolve their DRM issues. One of the reasons studios like these new optical formats is because they have put some nice DRM into them.

Anyway, it just seems like a lot of sour grapes in here, that's all. The format, HD-DVD, some of you are rooting for (for not much good reason, I might add) is going to lose. Therefore, some of you are declaring that you will not join in the blue optical world at all and will even root for the ridiculous (e.g., HVD) instead.
 



You do make a point but I think they are more like annoyed because there was a thread like this before and do not see the reason why we should take so much deal about this format war



I'm an ALIEN!!!! - officially identified as by Konnichiwa

Of course... My English is still... horrible - appreciation and thanks to FJ-Warez  

Brawl FC: 0301-9911-8154

It seems like if you say that the format war isn't over, it makes you into a Sony hater. If you say that blu-ray may not be as profitable as Sony fanboys think it will, it makes you a hater.

I actually want the war to last as long as possible. This will force both sides to reduce prices and have less DRM. I could really care less which will win, so long as there is a lot of competition to drive prices down.



JSF said:

Anyway, it just seems like a lot of sour grapes in here, that's all. The format, HD-DVD, some of you are rooting for (for not much good reason, I might add) is going to lose. Therefore, some of you are declaring that you will not join in the blue optical world at all and will even root for the ridiculous (e.g., HVD) instead.


 QFT

 


tiachopvuturu said:

You do make a point but I think they are more like annoyed because there was a thread like this before and do not see the reason why we should take so much deal about this format war


dont get it then dont click the thread, its that simple.