Quantcast
Rock Band 2 timed exclusive for xbox360

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rock Band 2 timed exclusive for xbox360

they said next year its will be released for PS3.



Around the Network
BrainBoxLtd said:

L.C.E.C. said:

DUDE, For the last time, THEY'RE NOT RIPPING OFF. Harmonix didn't even really "Make" Guitar Hero.

Yes they are ripping off Rock Band. Harmonix repackaging and selling an already established Japanese game with a third party peripheral  maker (Red Octane) as their publisher for the orginal Guitar Hero doesn't change much other than it's possibly tradition amongst the sub-genre to keep one-upping each other with knock-offs.

I honestly don't care though. Whoever delivers the better Band game in the end wins my money. And if GH IV is the better game like you suggest (and I'm leaning that way myself) then so be it. I'm really not all that concerned about who did it first when it comes to entertainment, just who does it best.

 

 No they are not. They are ripping off Konami's drum game (I forget the name but its been out a long time) and Singstar just like Rock Band is.

 



Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

WHAT?! I CAN MAKE MY OWN HEAVY METAL SONGS WITH GUITAR HERO WORLD TOUR?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YES!!!!!!!1

WHEN IS IT COMING OUT?!!!!!!!!!!!



Gnizmo said:
BrainBoxLtd said:
L.C.E.C. said:

DUDE, For the last time, THEY'RE NOT RIPPING OFF. Harmonix didn't even really "Make" Guitar Hero.

Yes they are ripping off Rock Band. Harmonix repackaging and selling an already established Japanese game with a third party peripheral  maker (Red Octane) as their publisher for the orginal Guitar Hero doesn't change much other than it's possibly tradition amongst the sub-genre to keep one-upping each other with knock-offs.

I honestly don't care though. Whoever delivers the better Band game in the end wins my money. And if GH IV is the better game like you suggest (and I'm leaning that way myself) then so be it. I'm really not all that concerned about who did it first when it comes to entertainment, just who does it best.

 

 No they are not. They are ripping off Konami's drum game (I forget the name but its been out a long time) and Singstar just like Rock Band is.

 

In a way, that's basically what we just said, except for the fact that I just went the extra mile and went all the way back to "GuitarFreaks" by Konami.

 



PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS THREAD:
http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=50550&page=1
"
So if you hate me for pirating, then you hate Jesus. Have fun with that."
Proud Member of the Sonic Support Squad!

CHECK MY CODES!
Send me a PM if you add me on anythingper Smash Bros. Brawl, and THE CONDUIT!

kingofwale said:
For a second there I was worried.

How would I choose what to get? Guitar Hero World Tour or RB2?

Well, Thanks to Microsoft, my choice is much easier.

The day has FINALLY come.

You're getting a 360?

 



starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network
L.C.E.C. said:
bardicverse said:
Thats fine by me. I decided from the start that since MTV is involved with Rock Band, that I would never ever buy it. MTV wants a game based on the rock genre, but refuse to play any MUSIC VIDEOS that are from the rock genre. All they show are hip hop and pop videos. Screw MTV for crapping on rock music and then trying to milk it via videogames.

Sorry, MTV is one of my top hated companies, right after the guys making the atom smasher in france.

 

That's probably because the pople running BET bought MTV. (And half the time they don't even PLAY Music Videos, It's just Reality-TV)

That's why VH1 >>> MTV, IMO.

 

Yah, even VH1 is sucky now. Fuse used to be good, but even thats going downhill. Lame.

Back OT, unless RB was putting out redesigned drums, there's no point to getting RB2 over GH4, unless you already own RB1. The drums seem much better for GH4

 



starcraft said:
kingofwale said:
For a second there I was worried.

How would I choose what to get? Guitar Hero World Tour or RB2?

Well, Thanks to Microsoft, my choice is much easier.

The day has FINALLY come.

You're getting a 360?

 

 

Yes... and then I will sell my IPhone and get a Zune while I'm at it.

not to mention recycling my Macbook and get Vista. :)



Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
L.C.E.C. said:

 

In a way, that's basically what we just said, except for the fact that I just went the extra mile and went all the way back to "GuitarFreaks" by Konami.

 

 Well he is implying that Rock Band did something unique apart from putting all the instruments together in one game. Konami did all the individual parts long before Harmonix ever became known by the masses. I prefer to give credit to the original company that made the closest thing to the original game rather than who-ever happens to be popular in the moment. Drum Mania was the game I was thinking of by the by. Check out the drums and then look at what GH:WT has planned. Try and say they are ripping off Rock Band after that.



Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

too bad I don't really care about rockband

IMO, GH is better



Gnizmo said:
BrainBoxLtd said:

L.C.E.C. said:

DUDE, For the last time, THEY'RE NOT RIPPING OFF. Harmonix didn't even really "Make" Guitar Hero.

Yes they are ripping off Rock Band. Harmonix repackaging and selling an already established Japanese game with a third party peripheral  maker (Red Octane) as their publisher for the orginal Guitar Hero doesn't change much other than it's possibly tradition amongst the sub-genre to keep one-upping each other with knock-offs.

I honestly don't care though. Whoever delivers the better Band game in the end wins my money. And if GH IV is the better game like you suggest (and I'm leaning that way myself) then so be it. I'm really not all that concerned about who did it first when it comes to entertainment, just who does it best.

 

 No they are not. They are ripping off Konami's drum game (I forget the name but its been out a long time) and Singstar just like Rock Band is.

 

You mean DrumMania?

And I'm fairly certain Karaoke Revolution came before SingStar, also made by Konami.

I say rip off in a fairly casual sense and don't mean it as a insult. But to my knowledge Konami never made an entire Band Game (If they or anyone else did, my apologies) where all the before mentioned different rhythm games where combined into one multiplayer game with well designed team work dynamics that encompass four people in three different yet connected forms of gameplay. That, not playing with drums or a mic, was a new twist on an old trick to my knowledge. One Activison is stealing for the next Guitar Hero. And I don't mean stealing in some "they're evil criminals sense" just that their taking the idea for their own franchise.

And again, I don't care they're pinching it, nor do I care about Harmonix basically reusing ever Konami rhythm game ever made except the dance ones. The competition is clearly driving Activision to step up their game, and hopefully the same will apply to Harmonix. If not I'll probably get World Tour. Very interested in that touch bar thing they're doing with the Guitars. Seems like a very interesting new twist. =)