Quantcast
How well will Metal Gear Solid 4 sell in Japan?

Forums - Sales Discussion - How well will Metal Gear Solid 4 sell in Japan?

I predict 300k first week in Japan, with 70k hardware.



                       Thanks Blacksaber for the sig                  Tag:"Nintendo es toda la diversión de esta generación"

Around the Network

Japanese people also like Ninja Gaiden 2 don't they. It's going to be interesting how the 2 games will sell.




DAMN IT, I've just made a huge post and site appeared to be down when I pressed "Post".

Well numbers without explanation:

First week SW sales: 270K
First week HW sales: 50K

End of year sales: 500k
Lifetime sales: 600k



Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

ToastyJaguar said:
Japanese people also like Ninja Gaiden 2 don't they. It's going to be interesting how the 2 games will sell.

Not really. None of the Ninja Gaiden games have sold over 100k in Japan, at least from Vgchartz data. I really don't know as far as Ninja Gaiden on the NES.

 



 

 

I agree with the mayority here, 250k-350k first week, less tha 800k ltd...



By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
Around the Network

should make a nice little impact for about a month and then ps3 sales will be back under 10k/week. i'd say maybe 200,000 first week for mgs4, lifetime 600,000 in japan. first week i'd give hw about 50k. i'm confused by the people who talk as though its gonna be huge in japan and bring ps3 sales back to life in that country.



end of '08 predictions: wii - 43 million,  360 - 25 million, ps3 - 20 million

 

Games I've beat recently: Super Mario Galaxy, Knights of the Old Republic, Shadow of the Collossus

 

Proud owner of wii, gamecube, xbox, ps2, dreamcast, n64, snes, genesis, 3DO, nes, atari, intellivision, unisonic tournament 2000, and gameboy

ilovetogame said:
should make a nice little impact for about a month and then ps3 sales will be back under 10k/week. i'd say maybe 200,000 first week for mgs4, lifetime 600,000 in japan. first week i'd give hw about 50k. i'm confused by the people who talk as though its gonna be huge in japan and bring ps3 sales back to life in that country.

It's a big series in Japan, just not a blockbuster. The people who think it will bring the PS3 back to life in Japan, well, just haven't learned their lesson by now.. 

 



 

 

I think that it will be close to 200-300k first week. It will sell at least 700k in its lifetime.

Metal Gear Solid is a game bought by a certain fanbase. All of the hardcore MGS fans will buy the game, and the game has sold consistenly in Japan showing the it isn't branching out and selling to the same people.



MontanaHatchet said:
ToastyJaguar said:
Japanese people also like Ninja Gaiden 2 don't they. It's going to be interesting how the 2 games will sell.

Not really. None of the Ninja Gaiden games have sold over 100k in Japan, at least from Vgchartz data. I really don't know as far as Ninja Gaiden on the NES.

 


 That is only because the games were either on a system that was not doing that great or the game was not hyped enough



285 - 300K ----SW

35 - 45K ------ HW

I have lost confidence in the Ps3 in the Japanese market



All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey