Quantcast
Do you smoke pot?

Forums - General Discussion - Do you smoke pot?

chocoloco said:
Tony_Stark said:
chocoloco said:
Tony_Stark said:
sapphi_snake said:
dunno001 said:
Chroniczaaa said:

Funny, Since noone has ever died from marijuanna right, or ever been hurt by it. Also when you snitched out the kid, that was the weakest thing I've ever read on this site.

NOBODY? I know for a fact that's false. There are very few things that can truely say that nobody has died from them. Even water has caused a fair number of deaths, despite our bodies being a majority water. In fact, not too long ago, there was a fatal car accident in this area where it was found that the at-fault driver was high. If he were drunk, it would be blamed on alcohol, so I see no reason to not say this was the fault of marijuana.

As for the second part, I don't care if you think it was weak. Because of what I do, I did what I was legally required to do. As I said in a prior post, I will not risk becoming an accessory to their illegal action. Perhaps if it was your life or job on the line, you'd think differently about it- after all, mine was.

When he said that no one has ever died from marijuana, I think he was talking about the fact that you can't really OD from it. It's quite stupid to blame marijuana if a guy has an accident while drunk, same way as it's stupid to blame alcohol if someone's drunk while driving. It's the person who broke the law's (driving under the influence) fault.


Ummm, yes you can.

It is not known what the lethal level of THC is that will kill a person. The human body is incapable of taking in enough for this to happen, I might look it upo again if I am ever feeling like it.


That's not what I'm saying.  I'm saying you can OD on it. ODing does not necesarily mean lethal amounts.

If your talking about anxity attacks fine I agree 100%, but it is usually called a bad trip not an overdose. The scientific definition of an overdose means death.

http://www.drug-overdose.com/marijuana.htm

Marijuana Overdose

The Drug Awareness Warning Network Annual Report, published by the US federal government contains a statistical compilation of all drug deaths which occur in the United States. According to this report, there has never been a death recorded from the use of marijuana by natural causes. Unlike opiates, barbiturates or amphetamines, there seems to be little risk from the use of large amounts of marijuana. When a person smokes too much they feel very tired and lie down. When people swallow large amounts of hashish, occasionally they get sick to their stomach.

 


damm you and your facts ;) You know marijuana kills, it makes people run over kids at the drive thru



Around the Network
starcraft said:
Whats a pot?

Nah just kidding.....no comment.

Wow.  Thread back from the dead.
I have never smoked pot, I was just being a smartass.



starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Tony_Stark said:
sapphi_snake said:
dunno001 said:
Chroniczaaa said:

Funny, Since noone has ever died from marijuanna right, or ever been hurt by it. Also when you snitched out the kid, that was the weakest thing I've ever read on this site.

NOBODY? I know for a fact that's false. There are very few things that can truely say that nobody has died from them. Even water has caused a fair number of deaths, despite our bodies being a majority water. In fact, not too long ago, there was a fatal car accident in this area where it was found that the at-fault driver was high. If he were drunk, it would be blamed on alcohol, so I see no reason to not say this was the fault of marijuana.

As for the second part, I don't care if you think it was weak. Because of what I do, I did what I was legally required to do. As I said in a prior post, I will not risk becoming an accessory to their illegal action. Perhaps if it was your life or job on the line, you'd think differently about it- after all, mine was.

When he said that no one has ever died from marijuana, I think he was talking about the fact that you can't really OD from it. It's quite stupid to blame marijuana if a guy has an accident while drunk, same way as it's stupid to blame alcohol if someone's drunk while driving. It's the person who broke the law's (driving under the influence) fault.


Ummm, yes you can.

Nope. It does not. Read what Chocoloco posted. There has never been a recorded case of someone ODing from marijuana. Alcohol is more dangerous in this regard.



"I don't understand how someone could like Tolstoy and Dostoyevsky, but not like Twilight!!!"

"Last book I read was Brokeback Mountain, I just don't have the patience for them unless it's softcore porn."

                                                                               (The Voice of a Generation and Seece)

"If you cant stand the sound of your own voice than dont become a singer !!!!!"

                                                                               (pizzahut451)

Experimenting with gifs and stuff since I never used them,hope it works.

 



chocoloco said:

Experimenting with gifs and stuff since I never used them,hope it works.

 

Bu...bu...but...he's dead. Didn't he OD on weed? Or some other hardcore drug that he was led directly to because he smoked weed? /sarcasm



I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.

Around the Network
sapphi_snake said:

Nope. It does not. Read what Chocoloco posted. There has never been a recorded case of someone ODing from marijuana. Alcohol is more dangerous in this regard.

Not going by 2009 numbers. (Chocoloco's source admits to a copyright 2008.) Per DAWN's fact sheets, more people had emergency visits than from alcohol alone. (Alcohol, when mixed with other things, has a higher number summated, but part of that is attributable to interactions.) In fact, in 2009, the only solo-use drug with more emergency visits was cocaine.

Source: https://dawninfo.samhsa.gov/data/report.asp?f=Nation/AllMA/Nation_2009_AllMA_Tox_Confirmed_Drugs

It's not as "safe" a drug as people are trying to make it out to be...



-dunno001

-On a quest for the truly perfect game; I don't think it exists...

dunno001 said:
sapphi_snake said:

Nope. It does not. Read what Chocoloco posted. There has never been a recorded case of someone ODing from marijuana. Alcohol is more dangerous in this regard.

Not going by 2009 numbers. (Chocoloco's source admits to a copyright 2008.) Per DAWN's fact sheets, more people had emergency visits than from alcohol alone. (Alcohol, when mixed with other things, has a higher number summated, but part of that is attributable to interactions.) In fact, in 2009, the only solo-use drug with more emergency visits was cocaine.

Source: https://dawninfo.samhsa.gov/data/report.asp?f=Nation/AllMA/Nation_2009_AllMA_Tox_Confirmed_Drugs

It's not as "safe" a drug as people are trying to make it out to be...

that table does not say much. it does nnot really say why they went or what happened. It also has pretty high error % (15-25%). The sampling they appear to use does not seem evenly spread through out the US and focus only on some states and major metropolitan areas. It also does not list any actual deaths from marijuana that I could find.





Twitter: @d21lewis  --I'll add you if you add me!!

Never had, but wish to try it at one point in my life.



Xbox fanboy= an individual who is loyal to Microsoft or games that fall under the Xbox brand.

PS3 fanboy= an indivdual who is loyal to Sony or games that fall under the Playsation brand.

Wii Fanboy= Wait, there is a third console?

I smoke pot sporadically, I prefer smoking pot over drinking alcohol mainly because, I don't wake up with hangovers and eating after smoking won't result in me throwing up. I also live in Washington Heights NY which is know as "Home of the Haze." It's understandable that some people are against it for various reasons, (ignorance being a major one) but I find it pretty stupid that people would bash potheads the way they do. Like seriously if you think potheads are bad, why don't you go check out some crackheads and meth heads. Now those are people with some serious problems.



"I don't know what this Yamcha is, but it sounds just like Raditz."