Quantcast
Global Hardware 25 January 2020

Forums - Latest Charts - Global Hardware 25 January 2020

Read the breakdown article here.

The Nintendo Switch was the best-selling console worldwide with 264,218 consoles sold for the week ending January 25, according to VGChartz estimates.

The PlayStation 4 was the second best-selling console with sales of 152,224 consoles sold, followed by the Xbox One with 44,628 units, and the Nintendo 3DS with 3,213 units. 

Switch sales compared to the same week a year ago are up 40,301 units. PS4 sales are down 123,677 units, the Xbox One is down 18,300 units and the 3DS is down 32,681 units.

Global hardware estimates (Followed by lifetime sales):

  1. Switch - 264,218 (50,943,508)
  2. PlayStation 4 - 152,224 (106,797,204)
  3. Xbox One - 44,628 (46,224,801)
  4. 3DS - 3,213 (75,016,768)
Americas (US, Canada, Latin America) hardware estimates:
  1. Switch - 88,387
  2. PlayStation 4 - 40,840
  3. Xbox One - 29,310
  4. 3DS - 1,216
Europe hardware estimates:
  1. PlayStation 4 - 77,889
  2. Nintendo Switch - 71,144
  3. Xbox One - 12,636
  4. 3DS - 1,149
Asia (Japan, mainland Asia, Middle East) hardware estimates:
  1. Switch - 97,307
  2. PlayStation 4 - 27,442
  3. Xbox One - 1,124
  4. 3DS - 761
Oceania (Australia and New Zealand) hardware estimates:
  1. Switch - 7,380
  2. PlayStation 4 - 6,053
  3. Xbox One - 1,558
  4. 3DS - 87
Last edited by trunkswd - on 29 January 2020

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo

I stream on Twitch and have my own Youtube

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features

I also post daily news on the Video Game Industry.

If you want to contact me, send me a PM on here or tweet me @TrunksWD

Around the Network

Poor Xbox One, 50 millions dreams are crushed.

PS4 on big decline too, bring on PS5 reveal event!

Oh wow wtf PS4 outselling Xbox One in Asia 27:1 wtf.

From Turkey, Azerbaijan, Saudi Arabia to giants like India like China, Japan, Indonesia and such only 1000 Xbox One's sold in that week WTF!



Radek said:
Poor Xbox One, 50 millions dreams are crushed.

PS4 on big decline too, bring on PS5 reveal event!

PS4 and Xbox One sales are looking to be down 35-40% worldwide this year when compared to 2019. Switch through the first half of 2020 will likely be up 10-15% thanks to the Switch Lite and Animal Crossing. 3DS, well, it is pretty dead at this point. 



VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo

I stream on Twitch and have my own Youtube

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features

I also post daily news on the Video Game Industry.

If you want to contact me, send me a PM on here or tweet me @TrunksWD

I feel like this number means less to me unless I get last years number right with it. So far I think it's well ahead of last year (Switch) so we have yet to reach a peak.




Why are Switch global sales down 50K compared to last week, when Americas, Europe and Asia numbers are almost the same?

Last edited by siebensus4 - on 29 January 2020

Around the Network

When Nintendo will release its financial data?



Zanark best Inazuma Eleven pg

AlbiNecroxz said:
When Nintendo will release its financial data?

Just under 17 hours from now



When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
AlbiNecroxz said:
When Nintendo will release its financial data?

Just under 17 hours from now

Thx, I was not sure if it would be released tomorrow or the following day



Zanark best Inazuma Eleven pg

trunkswd said:

Read the breakdown article here.

The Nintendo Switch was the best-selling console worldwide with 264,218 consoles sold for the week ending January 25, according to VGChartz estimates.

The PlayStation 4 was the second best-selling console with sales of 152,224 consoles sold, followed by the Xbox One with 44,628 units, and the Nintendo 3DS with 3,213 units. 

Switch sales compared to the same week a year ago are up 403,01 units. PS4 sales are down 123,677 units, the Xbox One is down 18,300 units and the 3DS is down 32,681 units.

Global hardware estimates (Followed by lifetime sales):

  1. Switch - 264,218 (50,943,508)
  2. PlayStation 4 - 152,224 (106,797,204)
  3. Xbox One - 44,628 (46,224,801)
  4. 3DS - 3,213 (75,016,768)
Americas (US, Canada, Latin America) hardware estimates:
  1. Switch - 88,387
  2. PlayStation 4 - 40,840
  3. Xbox One - 29,310
  4. 3DS - 1,216
Europe hardware estimates:
  1. PlayStation 4 - 77,889
  2. Nintendo Switch - 71,144
  3. Xbox One - 12,636
  4. 3DS - 1,149
Asia (Japan, mainland Asia, Middle East) hardware estimates:
  1. Switch - 97,307
  2. PlayStation 4 - 27,442
  3. Xbox One - 1,124
  4. 3DS - 761
Oceania (Australia and New Zealand) hardware estimates:
  1. Switch - 7,380
  2. PlayStation 4 - 6,053
  3. Xbox One - 1,558
  4. 3DS - 87

Is that even possible?



Massimus - "Trump already has democrat support."

SpokenTruth said:
trunkswd said:

Read the breakdown article here.

The Nintendo Switch was the best-selling console worldwide with 264,218 consoles sold for the week ending January 25, according to VGChartz estimates.

The PlayStation 4 was the second best-selling console with sales of 152,224 consoles sold, followed by the Xbox One with 44,628 units, and the Nintendo 3DS with 3,213 units. 

Switch sales compared to the same week a year ago are up 403,01 units. PS4 sales are down 123,677 units, the Xbox One is down 18,300 units and the 3DS is down 32,681 units.

Global hardware estimates (Followed by lifetime sales):

  1. Switch - 264,218 (50,943,508)
  2. PlayStation 4 - 152,224 (106,797,204)
  3. Xbox One - 44,628 (46,224,801)
  4. 3DS - 3,213 (75,016,768)
Americas (US, Canada, Latin America) hardware estimates:
  1. Switch - 88,387
  2. PlayStation 4 - 40,840
  3. Xbox One - 29,310
  4. 3DS - 1,216
Europe hardware estimates:
  1. PlayStation 4 - 77,889
  2. Nintendo Switch - 71,144
  3. Xbox One - 12,636
  4. 3DS - 1,149
Asia (Japan, mainland Asia, Middle East) hardware estimates:
  1. Switch - 97,307
  2. PlayStation 4 - 27,442
  3. Xbox One - 1,124
  4. 3DS - 761
Oceania (Australia and New Zealand) hardware estimates:
  1. Switch - 7,380
  2. PlayStation 4 - 6,053
  3. Xbox One - 1,558
  4. 3DS - 87

Is that even possible?

Nope. That's a typo. I'll go ahead and fix it. 



VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo

I stream on Twitch and have my own Youtube

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features

I also post daily news on the Video Game Industry.

If you want to contact me, send me a PM on here or tweet me @TrunksWD