Quantcast
Smash Bros DLC 5 Presentation announced: 01/16 6AM PT

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Smash Bros DLC 5 Presentation announced: 01/16 6AM PT

Ultrashroomz said:
Oh yea I forgot, VGChartz hates Smash

They never disappoint, do they?

My pipedream will always be Amaterasu, but for this time I'd be very surprised if it's not Dante.

I don't quite like the idea of Hollow Knight in Smash, it could make for an awesome character and a cool moveset, but I feel like the game's vibe is too depressing for Smash - meaning it'd either be really unfitting among the rest of the game, or poorly represented if made more cheerful.



Around the Network

I'm not completely sold on Dante, but maybe that's just because I don't want him. But a lot of times a dev will retweet about an upcoming direct or something, and it turns out to be nothing. Could be just a coincidence that they're planning on making an announcement about DMC on the 16th.

Still holding out hope for Geno personally. We've gotten a lot of third party DLC characters, so I'd like the last one to be someone with a stronger connection to Nintendo. But, maybe they're holding off on characters they own for the next Smash game.



JWeinCom said:
I'm not completely sold on Dante, but maybe that's just because I don't want him. But a lot of times a dev will retweet about an upcoming direct or something, and it turns out to be nothing. Could be just a coincidence that they're planning on making an announcement about DMC on the 16th.

Still holding out hope for Geno personally. We've gotten a lot of third party DLC characters, so I'd like the last one to be someone with a stronger connection to Nintendo. But, maybe they're holding off on characters they own for the next Smash game.

Just about everyone relevant they own is in the game already as either a fighter or assist trophy, who else is there to add? The only way for Smash to keep expanding into relevant new territory as things stands is bringing in more third-party franchises.



mZuzek said:
Ultrashroomz said:
Oh yea I forgot, VGChartz hates Smash

They never disappoint, do they?

My pipedream will always be Amaterasu, but for this time I'd be very surprised if it's not Dante.

I don't quite like the idea of Hollow Knight in Smash, it could make for an awesome character and a cool moveset, but I feel like the game's vibe is too depressing for Smash - meaning it'd either be really unfitting among the rest of the game, or poorly represented if made more cheerful.

That's some odd reasoning there. There's plenty of silly stuff in Hollow Knight compared to say Metroid. Zote the Mighty, need I say more? xD



Maybe I've watched too many Sakurai trailers, but I feel like the intro scene with Dante picking up the pizza slice is perfectly suited for his type of trailers.
Maybe he'll reach for the Smash Invite enveloper, but pick up the pizza slice instead.
If it's Dante that is, and Capcom's Jan 16 announcement isn't a coincidence.

But Dante was on my list of characters I expect to make it into the game, so it'd make sense to me.

Last edited by Hiku - 6 days ago

Around the Network
Lonely_Dolphin said:
mZuzek said:

My pipedream will always be Amaterasu, but for this time I'd be very surprised if it's not Dante.

I don't quite like the idea of Hollow Knight in Smash, it could make for an awesome character and a cool moveset, but I feel like the game's vibe is too depressing for Smash - meaning it'd either be really unfitting among the rest of the game, or poorly represented if made more cheerful.

That's some odd reasoning there. There's plenty of silly stuff in Hollow Knight compared to say Metroid. Zote the Mighty, need I say more? xD

Having silly stuff doesn't make the game lighthearted. Metroid is pretty serious, but it's not dark and depressing like Hollow Knight. I can't imagine The Knight's victory screen, for example - anything actually victorious would look remarkably out of character, and anything in-character would be really weird within such a flashy game. Whatever Hallownest stage we got would be filled with gloomy songs, the game barely has any upbeat tracks (though I can think of 3 or 4 that wouldn't be too bad), and the atmosphere, if recreated accurately, would be just sad.

At the same time, though, it'd be an awesome pick.



Geno?

Geno.

Geno!



mZuzek said:
JWeinCom said:
I'm not completely sold on Dante, but maybe that's just because I don't want him. But a lot of times a dev will retweet about an upcoming direct or something, and it turns out to be nothing. Could be just a coincidence that they're planning on making an announcement about DMC on the 16th.

Still holding out hope for Geno personally. We've gotten a lot of third party DLC characters, so I'd like the last one to be someone with a stronger connection to Nintendo. But, maybe they're holding off on characters they own for the next Smash game.

Just about everyone relevant they own is in the game already as either a fighter or assist trophy, who else is there to add? The only way for Smash to keep expanding into relevant new territory as things stands is bringing in more third-party franchises.

An ARMS rep, a Golden Sun rep, Dixie Kong, Rex, Pyra, Elma, Impa, Paper Mario, Captain Toad, Chibi Robo, Midna, Krystal, Ring Fit Girl/Boy, Agent 8 are just a few that pop into mind.



JWeinCom said:
mZuzek said:

Just about everyone relevant they own is in the game already as either a fighter or assist trophy, who else is there to add? The only way for Smash to keep expanding into relevant new territory as things stands is bringing in more third-party franchises.

An ARMS rep, a Golden Sun rep, Dixie Kong, Rex, Pyra, Elma, Impa, Paper Mario, Captain Toad, Chibi Robo, Midna, Krystal, Ring Fit Girl/Boy, Agent 8 are just a few that pop into mind.

Arms' main character is in the game.
Golden Sun's main character is in the game.
Dixie would work best as a Diddy echo fighter with DK's up special, and echo fighters are out.
Rex, Pyra and Elma... ehh... I guess, whatever.
Impa would work best as a Sheik echo fighter, and echo fighers are out.
Paper Mario... no thanks.
Captain Toad... no thanks.
Chibi Robo... no thanks.
Midna would work best paired with Wolf Link. Would be awesome to be fair, but that's never gonna happen.
Krystal... no thanks. (oh and also she's already in the game too. Ew.)
Ring Fit Girl/Boy... no thanks.
Agent 8... who?



The only Nintendo character I'd be really down for at this point is Akira Howard. Anyone else isn't really bringing anything new to the table.