Quantcast
Global Hardware 04 January 2020

Forums - Latest Charts - Global Hardware 04 January 2020

Wow, Switch is at 50m and still up 26% YoY. Meanwhile the 3DS is at 75m and selling at a snail's pace. Switch is likely to pass 3DS in a little over a year. That is the lifetime sales of a modern, best-selling system and it is actually not that far away. In about a year or so Switch is going to start hitting those really serious milestones.



Around the Network
Barkley said:
Radek said:
Damn just as I predicted years ago Xbox One won't reach 50 millions!

It will though. 4m over the next 3 years is more likely to happen than not.

3 millions this year and maybe 1 million in 2021 with 500K in 2022. I think not!

Also RIP Vita, you will be always remembered



Radek said:
Barkley said:

It will though. 4m over the next 3 years is more likely to happen than not.

3 millions this year and maybe 1 million in 2021 with 500K in 2022. I think not!

Is that your prediction? Or is that what you're saying won't happen. I'm assuming the latter cause those numbers bring LT to 50.5m lol.

It might not hit 3m next year, but you're underestimating 2021,2022.

If we take 360's decline as an example.

360 2012 = 10.67m
360 after 2012 = 11.5m

XBO equivalent would be

XBO 2019 = 4.87m
XBO after 2019 = 5.24m

Those numbers would put it at 51.24m. It might not reach that, but it will reach 50m.



LTD: PS4 - 125m, Switch - 110m, XBO - 51m

2020: PS4 - 10m, Switch - 21.5m, XBO - 2.5m, PS5 - 4.5m, XBX - 2.8m

Barkley said:
Radek said:

3 millions this year and maybe 1 million in 2021 with 500K in 2022. I think not!

Is that your prediction? Or is that what you're saying won't happen. I'm assuming the latter cause those numbers bring LT to 50.5m lol.

It might not hit 3m next year, but you're underestimating 2021,2022.

If we take 360's decline as an example.

360 2012 = 10.67m
360 after 2012 = 11.5m

XBO equivalent would be

XBO 2019 = 4.87m
XBO after 2019 = 5.24m

Those numbers would put it at 51.24m. It might not reach that, but it will reach 50m.

That's a poor comparison. With how the x1 is declining, it might only barely sell over 2m in 2020 and exponentially lower in 2021 + 2022. And there's always the possibility of overtrack because MS doesn't give us numbers.



Nu-13 said:

And there's always the possibility of overtrack because MS doesn't give us numbers.

There is also the possibility it's undertracked



When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
Barkley said:
Radek said:

3 millions this year and maybe 1 million in 2021 with 500K in 2022. I think not!

Is that your prediction? Or is that what you're saying won't happen. I'm assuming the latter cause those numbers bring LT to 50.5m lol.

It might not hit 3m next year, but you're underestimating 2021,2022.

If we take 360's decline as an example.

360 2012 = 10.67m
360 after 2012 = 11.5m

XBO equivalent would be

XBO 2019 = 4.87m
XBO after 2019 = 5.24m

Those numbers would put it at 51.24m. It might not reach that, but it will reach 50m.

Yeah my bad, I wanted to go with 2 millions but changed to 3 millions, I still don't think it will happen.

They done goofed, not even S or X could help the sales.

Last edited by Radek - on 08 January 2020

Week 1 2019 vs 2020
NSW-433k vs 547k (+26%)
PS4-374k vs 308k (-18%)
XBO-104k vs 82k (-21%)



When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Crossed the 50m mark possibly in the last 2 days of the year, the 11.5m march towards the NES milestone begins.



This week PS4 passed 106 million, Switch passed 50 million, Xbox One passed 46 million, and 3DS passed 75 million. RIP PS Vita not quite hitting 16 million.



VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo

I stream on Twitch and have my own Youtube

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features

I also post daily news on the Video Game Industry.

If you want to contact me, send me a PM on here or tweet me @TrunksWD

Well I'd like to remind Sony NOT to piss me off with their PS5 not being as powerful as the Series X.

They are flaunting 106 million units sold well I'd like to remind them that if it wasn't for me they would have sold only 105.999.999 units which means that they would not be where they are now without me.

So Sony you better make the PS5 as powerful as the Series X or you'll end up selling only a hitherto unknown figure that will end by .999.999

Now do you really want to risk that, Sony, do you, DO YOU!!!!!

*End of my threatening statement*



.

He who has nothing to hide does not deserve to be called an individual.

Capitalism has convinced people to buy stuff they don't need with money they don't have to impress people who don't give a shit. (George Carlin)