Quantcast
Eurogamer: PS5 and Xbox Series X Spec Leak.

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Eurogamer: PS5 and Xbox Series X Spec Leak.

Mr Puggsly said:
goopy20 said:

I think it's not so much about the number of exclusives both platforms launched, it's more about the risks Sony is willing to take with their 1st party studios compared to MS. Sony lets almost all their major studios build new AAA ip's, while MS build 2 brand new studios just to keep Halo and Gears alive and the rest of their exclusives are mostly Indy or small budget projects. After this console generation I also expect a lot more 3rd party developers like Team Ninja and From will be willing to do a Sony exclusive compared to MS. 

I feel like you aren't listening, I named off some new IPs MS did this gen. Not all were small budget. They funded Ryse, Sunset Overdrive, Quantum Break, the eventually cancelled Scalebound and ofcourse Sea of Theives. The problem is they didn't own two of those, QB may have failed and Scalebound may never happen. Only Sea of Theives was the real success.

I have praised Sony for making new IPs, I just don't like most of them were 3rd person narrative driven adventure games because they feel its low risk.

After this gen, there are numerous studios that will make Xbox exclusives as well. Like Obsidian, Ninja Theory, etc. New IPs will come and you can bitch about them in a few years.

But again, I don't just care about new IPs. MS has old IPs I'd like to see rebooted.

The mistake you are doing again and again is thinking most Sony games are low risk and 3rd person narrative driven adventure games with weak gameplay because they aren't FPS.



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:

A company strategy should never be based on hope for the best.

Maybe, but here we are.

Sony for example doesn't make games for Japan, they instead rely heavily on 3rd parties in Japan. They seem like they will lose some marketshare to Switch and I think they're okay with that.

I don't feel many if any major studio is that concerned with regions beyond NA, Europe and Japan. Instead they try to make good product that will hopefully resonate there as well. And again, PC gaming is popular in those regions therefore MS having games on PC could boost their revenue in those regions.



Recently Completed
Doom 64
for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

DonFerrari said:

The mistake you are doing again and again is thinking most Sony games are low risk and 3rd person narrative driven adventure games with weak gameplay because they aren't FPS.

I'm saying they keep making that same style of 3rd person narrative driven experience because it keeps doing well. They throw a lot of money at these projects because they feel its low risk.

Thus far I think the only games following this format that might be seen as a failure was 1886. While Days Gone was a critical failure, but may have sold well enough.



Recently Completed
Doom 64
for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
DonFerrari said:

A company strategy should never be based on hope for the best.

Maybe, but here we are.

Sony for example doesn't make games for Japan, they instead rely heavily on 3rd parties in Japan. They seem like they will lose some marketshare to Switch and I think they're okay with that.

I don't feel many if any major studio is that concerned with regions beyond NA, Europe and Japan. Instead they try to make good product that will hopefully resonate there as well. And again, PC gaming is popular in those regions therefore MS having games on PC could boost their revenue in those regions.

And you think sony is hoping for the best in Japan? don't seem like that. They sure have a bigger focus on western, but still cater to Japanese devs and launch content in the country.

Your feel is probably wrong. Sony on reveal of PS4 addressed directly South America and Brazil specifically. Sony make games with worldwide appeal.

Mr Puggsly said:
DonFerrari said:

The mistake you are doing again and again is thinking most Sony games are low risk and 3rd person narrative driven adventure games with weak gameplay because they aren't FPS.

I'm saying they keep making that same style of 3rd person narrative driven experience because it keeps doing well. They throw a lot of money at these projects because they feel its low risk.

Thus far I think the only games following this format that might be seen as a failure was 1886. While Days Gone was a critical failure, but may have sold well enough.

You are just plain wrong. They don't feel the same and they aren't low risk, if they were they could have been releasing 3x more games. It is a calculated risk, but one that MS wasn't willing to take and actually no dev outside of Sony is really on it.

And you are retconning your saying that they don't have good gameplay and the rest of the criticism putting as a single genre?

1886 probably broke even. The fact that all those games had good reception and sales don't mean they are low risk, but that they succeed.



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

DonFerrari said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Maybe, but here we are.

Sony for example doesn't make games for Japan, they instead rely heavily on 3rd parties in Japan. They seem like they will lose some marketshare to Switch and I think they're okay with that.

I don't feel many if any major studio is that concerned with regions beyond NA, Europe and Japan. Instead they try to make good product that will hopefully resonate there as well. And again, PC gaming is popular in those regions therefore MS having games on PC could boost their revenue in those regions.

And you think sony is hoping for the best in Japan? don't seem like that. They sure have a bigger focus on western, but still cater to Japanese devs and launch content in the country.

Your feel is probably wrong. Sony on reveal of PS4 addressed directly South America and Brazil specifically. Sony make games with worldwide appeal.

Mr Puggsly said:

I'm saying they keep making that same style of 3rd person narrative driven experience because it keeps doing well. They throw a lot of money at these projects because they feel its low risk.

Thus far I think the only games following this format that might be seen as a failure was 1886. While Days Gone was a critical failure, but may have sold well enough.

You are just plain wrong. They don't feel the same and they aren't low risk, if they were they could have been releasing 3x more games. It is a calculated risk, but one that MS wasn't willing to take and actually no dev outside of Sony is really on it.

And you are retconning your saying that they don't have good gameplay and the rest of the criticism putting as a single genre?

1886 probably broke even. The fact that all those games had good reception and sales don't mean they are low risk, but that they succeed.

Sony's hope in Japan is 3rd parties keep propping up their console. Because Sony themselves doesn't make games Japan really cares about. Nintendo is the only exception of the console makers, they make very popular games in Japan.

Sony is not catering to South America and Brazil (a country also in South America). Again, they make games for NA and Europe primarily, then hope for the best elsewhere. MS might hype their next Xbox Box in Japan, don't confuse that with actually caring about Japan.

I don't think breaking even was the goal with 1886, maybe it made a profit. Between middling sales and critical failure, it could be seen as a failure. Alan Wake made a profit, it had critical success, its even something of a cult classic, but I think a sequel hasn't happen due to it being risky.

Driveclub was likely profitable even with poor reception, but they shut down that studio while the game was getting updates. I also found it funny they treated Driveclub like a failure but felt it was worth bringing to PS VR. They could have turned that into a fun arcade racer on the platform, but instead opted to stick with a critically disappointing but better selling Gran Turismo only.

Any who, it seems like as the gen went on Sony felt the 3rd person narrative driven experience are a safe bet. I also don't blame Sony continuing to make that. Sony had that covered and I like MS for not duplicating those experiences over and over. It meant both companies were doing something different.



Recently Completed
Doom 64
for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
DonFerrari said:

And you think sony is hoping for the best in Japan? don't seem like that. They sure have a bigger focus on western, but still cater to Japanese devs and launch content in the country.

Your feel is probably wrong. Sony on reveal of PS4 addressed directly South America and Brazil specifically. Sony make games with worldwide appeal.

You are just plain wrong. They don't feel the same and they aren't low risk, if they were they could have been releasing 3x more games. It is a calculated risk, but one that MS wasn't willing to take and actually no dev outside of Sony is really on it.

And you are retconning your saying that they don't have good gameplay and the rest of the criticism putting as a single genre?

1886 probably broke even. The fact that all those games had good reception and sales don't mean they are low risk, but that they succeed.

Sony's hope in Japan is 3rd parties keep propping up their console. Because Sony themselves doesn't make games Japan really cares about. Nintendo is the only exception of the console makers, they make very popular games in Japan.

Sony is not catering to South America and Brazil (a country also in South America). Again, they make games for NA and Europe primarily, then hope for the best elsewhere. MS might hype their next Xbox Box in Japan, don't confuse that with actually caring about Japan.

I don't think breaking even was the goal with 1886, maybe it made a profit. Between middling sales and critical failure, it could be seen as a failure. Alan Wake made a profit, it had critical success, its even something of a cult classic, but I think a sequel hasn't happen due to it being risky.

Driveclub was likely profitable even with poor reception, but they shut down that studio while the game was getting updates. I also found it funny they treated Driveclub like a failure but felt it was worth bringing to PS VR. They could have turned that into a fun arcade racer on the platform, but instead opted to stick with a critically disappointing but better selling Gran Turismo only.

Any who, it seems like as the gen went on Sony felt the 3rd person narrative driven experience are a safe bet. I also don't blame Sony continuing to make that. Sony had that covered and I like MS for not duplicating those experiences over and over. It meant both companies were doing something different.

Yes they are certainly basing their entire strategy in Japan on hope, must be the reason they were able to keep ahead of PS3 there, they lucked out.

Sony is not catering to any single market, they were always about all markets at once since PS1 that is the reason they won so many times. Certainly it isn't hoping that cater to USA would work out on the rest of the world (MS focus on NA and had the exclusive deals for Fifa to help on Europe how much have that helped they in Europe or RoW?)

Yes I would classify 1886 as a failure, RaD didn't made a sequel or received another attempt to make a new IP exclusively nor got purchased by Sony (rumor at the time was that if the game done well they would be bought).

I guess DC made the studio shut down not because of sales (it done well enough and as you said got a spin-off) it was more on the issues the game had (besides several delays) and possibly the mistakes the studio done while making the game. Guess we won't know the full story.



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

DonFerrari said:

Yes they are certainly basing their entire strategy in Japan on hope, must be the reason they were able to keep ahead of PS3 there, they lucked out.

Sony is not catering to any single market, they were always about all markets at once since PS1 that is the reason they won so many times. Certainly it isn't hoping that cater to USA would work out on the rest of the world (MS focus on NA and had the exclusive deals for Fifa to help on Europe how much have that helped they in Europe or RoW?)

Yes I would classify 1886 as a failure, RaD didn't made a sequel or received another attempt to make a new IP exclusively nor got purchased by Sony (rumor at the time was that if the game done well they would be bought).

I guess DC made the studio shut down not because of sales (it done well enough and as you said got a spin-off) it was more on the issues the game had (besides several delays) and possibly the mistakes the studio done while making the game. Guess we won't know the full story.

PS3 was also heavily reliant on 3rd parties. Again, Sony doesent make games Japan cares about.

In fact, Sony made games for Vita geared towards Japan. How did that do? Not well. Apparently its not as simple as Nintendo makes it look. Sony was also trying to fill the void of losing Monster Hunter on portable.

During the 7th gen MS moneyhat and paid for development of exclusives to grow interest in Japan. It didn't really work, they sold more units than usual, but it wasnt financially worthwhile. At best it got more Japanese studios working on Xbox.

I feel Sony and MS make the NA and Europe their primary focus because thats where a vast majority of sales are. If you disagree, fine.

PS4 is ahead of Xbox One's entire userbase in NA and Europe alone. The other regions PS4 sells is a nice bonus but less important. I believe their NA sales alone is bigger than Others and Japan combined. Japan is a pretty good market but they dont care about 1st party games.

I actually hoped 1886 would be Sony's answer for Gears of War and I believe potential was there from a gameplay perspective, the story was like a dumb modern action movie. I have no idea why they felt such a story driven experience was a good idea. But that has been a focus of Sony games to an extent. Also the advertising suggested it was more action focused than reality.

There were certainly positive things about Driveclub. It was gorgeous visually, gameplay was fine but they could have leaned into arcade racing with a few tweaks. They already invested in creating the engine and assets so a sequel could have just been added content and tweaks like Forza 6 vs 7. That could have potentially sold a few million.

When it comes to delays Polyphany is king. GT likely missed a ton of sales for them taking so long to release GT Sport. One release this gen, not really seen as full game and it didnt do great critically. Some people consider Gears 5 getting an 84 critical failure. But GT Sport did considerably worse. I guess it sold well, but GT had its worst sales this gen and rightfully so.

Last edited by Mr Puggsly - on 09 January 2020

Recently Completed
Doom 64
for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Only place MS caters for is NA.



Mr Puggsly said:
DonFerrari said:

Yes they are certainly basing their entire strategy in Japan on hope, must be the reason they were able to keep ahead of PS3 there, they lucked out.

Sony is not catering to any single market, they were always about all markets at once since PS1 that is the reason they won so many times. Certainly it isn't hoping that cater to USA would work out on the rest of the world (MS focus on NA and had the exclusive deals for Fifa to help on Europe how much have that helped they in Europe or RoW?)

Yes I would classify 1886 as a failure, RaD didn't made a sequel or received another attempt to make a new IP exclusively nor got purchased by Sony (rumor at the time was that if the game done well they would be bought).

I guess DC made the studio shut down not because of sales (it done well enough and as you said got a spin-off) it was more on the issues the game had (besides several delays) and possibly the mistakes the studio done while making the game. Guess we won't know the full story.

PS3 was also heavily reliant on 3rd parties. Again, Sony doesent make games Japan cares about.

In fact, Sony made games for Vita geared towards Japan. How did that do? Not well. Apparently its not as simple as Nintendo makes it look. Sony was also trying to fill the void of losing Monster Hunter on portable.

During the 7th gen MS moneyhat and paid for development of exclusives to grow interest in Japan. It didn't really work, they sold more units than usual, but it wasnt financially worthwhile. At best it got more Japanese studios working on Xbox.

I feel Sony and MS make the NA and Europe their primary focus because thats where a vast majority of sales are. If you disagree, fine.

PS4 is ahead of Xbox One's entire userbase in NA and Europe alone. The other regions PS4 sells is a nice bonus but less important. I believe their NA sales alone is bigger than Others and Japan combined. Japan is a pretty good market but they dont care about 1st party games.

I actually hoped 1886 would be Sony's answer for Gears of War and I believe potential was there from a gameplay perspective, the story was like a dumb modern action movie. I have no idea why they felt such a story driven experience was a good idea. But that has been a focus of Sony games to an extent. Also the advertising suggested it was more action focused than reality.

There were certainly positive things about Driveclub. It was gorgeous visually, gameplay was fine but they could have leaned into arcade racing with a few tweaks. They already invested in creating the engine and assets so a sequel could have just been added content and tweaks like Forza 6 vs 7. That could have potentially sold a few million.

When it comes to delays Polyphany is king. GT likely missed a ton of sales for them taking so long to release GT Sport. One release this gen, not really seen as full game and it didnt do great critically. Some people consider Gears 5 getting an 84 critical failure. But GT Sport did considerably worse. I guess it sold well, but GT had its worst sales this gen and rightfully so.

Rely on 3rd parties they have good relationship with and compared to Xbox an exclusivity is totally different from "hope for the best".

Let's say PD have a lot more leeway than Evolution Studio could had ever got. Besides being semi-independent from Sony so let's not mix stuff here. And on VGC you'll get some very vocal people against GT if you look around. GTS sold more than GT6 and at it worse still oversell any Forza Motorsport so why would Sony close PD?



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Mr Puggsly said:
derpysquirtle64 said:

Okay, if you decided to bring up VGC numbers, let's break down all the PS and Xbox consoles then:

PS1 - 9.04m ROTW (102.5m total) - 8.8% of the global

PS2 - 25.57m ROTW (157.68m total) - 16.2% of the global (almost double of what PS1 did)

PS3 - 12.53m ROTW (87.41m total) - 14.3% of the global (a bit down from PS2 but it was very expensive from the start and not as easy to pirate games as PS2)

PS4 - 18.64m ROTW (105.95m total) - 17.5% of the global (even better than PS2. A lot of sales made outside of the markets you mentioned)

So, with PS consoles, it is quite easy to see that Sony's work is paying off and the second - they are probably losing some marketshare to PC platform in the markets that you claim to be so focused on console gaming. Basically, the opposite of what you see to claim. US, Europe, Japan adopting PC, while ROTW adopting consoles (PC as well of course). But there is definitely a market for consoles in ROTW. And PS consoles sales confirm this.

Okay, let's move on to Xbox:

Xbox - 1.18m ROTW (24.65m total) - 4.8% of the global

Xbox 360 - 9.16m ROTW (85.8m total) - 10.7% of the global (more than double of what original did)

Xbox One - 4.69m ROTW (46.3m total) - 10.1% of the global (almost the same as 360 even though all games are on PC now and MS fucked up launch in these territories so badly)

So, it all bring us to 10% of the marketshare in the markets that you propose for MS to ignore. I don't even want to try to explain to you that with a better approach these numbers can rise even higher. But 10% is quite a big chunk of the market that is hard to ignore, so your argument about abandoning such markets and not taking them seriously is totally incorrect.

I never actually said MS should ignore or abandon those markets, I just wouldnt enocurage MS to pour significant resources there. Instead, keep making great content intended for the west, make competitively priced hardware like Lockhart and hope the best elsewhere. More importantly moves like that could help them thrive in the west.

For the most part it just looks like Sony took MS's marketshare from last gen. It hasnt actually grown significantly. Also, Sony is just making games the west enjoys and hopes for the best elsewhere.

Lastly, I think we all agree putting Xbox games on PC means more people will play their games. If many around the world are gaming on PCs, then porting games to PC should boost sales. That's hardly ignoring or abandoning hose markets.

Why should I as Xbox console owner even care about how many copies does Halo 10 and Gears 15 sell? The only thing I care about is from MS to provide a great gamin experience through their console and services. I'm way more interested in Xbox being an appealing platform for third party developers, so they will be bringing lots of great games to the platform. XGS games should be like an icing on cake. Additional reason to choose Xbox over PS, but no the main one. Because I doubt that any sane person would choose a certain console just because it has games from one certain publishers with everything else being more inferior compared to competition. Also, XGS hasn't really released that many interesting games, worth playing in the past 3 years, making it hardly to be the reason to choose Xbox over PS. I'm personally not interested in Sony exclusive games as well, but it is hard to deny that almost every game Sony released in the same time frame was a more quality product than every XGS game except maybe Gears and Forza. I personally prefer Xbox over PS just because in my opinion it provides a better console experience, not because it has Microsoft games. And I think if you ask any of 46m Xbox One owners the same question - why they prefer xbox over PS, the majority of these people will answer the same way that I did - not because XGS games are better or more interesting than what Sony offers, but because these people believe that Xbox provides a better experience to play games. Everything in your logic shows that you seem to fail to understand the huge difference between a publisher and a platform holder. Microsoft is not just a publisher, they are a platform holder and they have a certain obligations for their userbase. It's not just about selling games. If selling games is all that matters - then why don't just bring them to Playstation as well? It will boost sales for sure.