Quantcast
Xbox Series X Announced (Xbox Scarlett)!

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Series X Announced (Xbox Scarlett)!

Leynos said:

Hideous system. Too big. When MS makes a slim Gamecube I may look into it. Dumbass name. Too big.

The console is actually pretty small. 3 xbox controllers stacked tall and 1 xbox controller for the width.



Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
thismeintiel said:
Horrible design. Truly looks like a bluetooth speaker. Name is horrible, too. Here's a question, though. What the heck does this mean? "*The availability and sale of Xbox Series X is subject to required regulatory approval(s) in your jurisdiction." This isn't in any other console reveal vid. It really makes me think MS is implementing some crazy policy that might butt heads with certain governments.

Which might actually be a good thing.

I mean, if there's something on the console that causes it to get banned in China then... that's almost certainly a good thing for anybody that likes freedom and privacy.

Considering the policies they wanted to enact at the beginning of this gen, I'm not really expecting something positive.



I will call it, "Xbox X" or simply XboX.



this is not meme material, i m disappointed



There's Xbox One X.
And the abbreviation for that can be XBOX. Which is confusing. So some people called it the X.

Now there's Xbox Series X.
Weird that they went for emphasis on a single extra X again. There are already several X's in Xbox after all.

The design shouldn't be very important outside of functionality. But presentation is also a thing to consider.
Might not fit in some people's entertainment centers though, unless you can place it on its side, horizontally.

Last edited by Hiku - on 13 December 2019

Around the Network
thismeintiel said:

Considering the policies they wanted to enact at the beginning of this gen, I'm not really expecting something positive.

Do you ever get tired of the console war bs? Serious question. 



thismeintiel said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Which might actually be a good thing.

I mean, if there's something on the console that causes it to get banned in China then... that's almost certainly a good thing for anybody that likes freedom and privacy.

Considering the policies they wanted to enact at the beginning of this gen, I'm not really expecting something positive.

Oh for sure. But let's be honest China is probably the most likely country to ban a console and if that happens then it's almost certainly a good policy.

Now if they're implying that it could be banned in the EU or something, then I'd be very worried. But come on, that's not at all likely to actually happen.



Bet Shiken that COD would outsell Battlefield in 2018. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8749702

Tall and big, but tat was to be expected if they wanted to keep the promises in terms of power: This will allow to cool such a powerful chipset much better than the flat console design ever could.

As for the name... looks like there will be many different versions incoming.



Hiku said:

There's Xbox One X.
And the abbreviation for that can be XBOX. Which is confusing. So some people called it the X.

Now there's Xbox Series X.
Weird that they went for emphasis on a single extra X again. There are already several X's in Xbox after all.

The design shouldn't be very important outside of functionality. But presentation is also a thing to consider.
Might not fit in some people's entertainment centers though, unless you can place it on its side, horizontally.

Phil confirmed that you can place the console horizontally. Appearing that's his preferred placement at his home.



smroadkill15 said:
thismeintiel said:

Considering the policies they wanted to enact at the beginning of this gen, I'm not really expecting something positive.

Do you ever get tired of the console war bs? Serious question. 

Do you? Serious question.

Ka-pi96 said:
thismeintiel said:

Considering the policies they wanted to enact at the beginning of this gen, I'm not really expecting something positive.

Oh for sure. But let's be honest China is probably the most likely country to ban a console and if that happens then it's almost certainly a good policy.

Now if they're implying that it could be banned in the EU or something, then I'd be very worried. But come on, that's not at all likely to actually happen.

If it was just China, and they didn't give a crap about pissing them off, then they just don't release it there.  It's not like it's a big market for them, anyway.  No need for the strange disclaimer then, as well.  This seems more like there is some policies that they want to implement that they know some regions/countries are going to find questionable, so they have to seek approval in each one.  There is no other reason to add that in there otherwise.