Quantcast
Nintendo Switch Outsells Xbox One Worldwide

Forums - Sales Discussion - Nintendo Switch Outsells Xbox One Worldwide

Oh, wow!!! Given the joke of a preview of the Xbox Series X, they might be on track to be last again next gen (yikes).
PS4 is about 102M (?) - suspect Switch will be getting to that territory.



PSN: Saugeen-Uwo     Feel free to add me (put Vg Chartz as MSG)!

Nintendo Network ID: Saugeen-Uwo

Me Getting the Big Boss Emblem!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8blJhM6PZ4

Around the Network
PAOerfulone said:
trunkswd said:

That is rather fitting and likely a coincidence. Microsoft is likely going to go all out to start the next generation on the right foot. 

Shame about the name though. I can see a lot of casuals being confused on what the "Series X" is supposed to be.

It'll be "Is the Wii U just a tablet add-on to the Wii?" all over again.

This is EXACTLY what I was thinking! My first thought when they revealed it was 'wait, are they releasing a new Xbone without a disc drive or something?" then they revealed the name and only then did I even consider this was what Scarlet might be. Some people might like it, but I think this is hilariously dumb. 



I got it all, baby! 

PS4, Switch, WiiU, XBO, PC
Vita, 3DS, Android

Top 3 this generation: 
Bloodborne, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Dark Souls III

LGBTDBZBBQ said:

Luck isn't needed here, just BOTW 2, Next 3d Mario, and more Pokemons.

Yes, yes it is. the Switch is an outstanding console and easily gets the most playtime out of me over the last year, but the PS4 is doing phenomenally well. it's at over 100 million and I see it doing 20 million more, easily. for Switch to beat that, it needs to do 80+ million more - and while I think this is possible, I don't think it's probable. I see both breaching 100 million to become the 2nd and 3rd highest selling home consoles of all time, but I think it's gonna go PS2, PS4, Switch, PS1, Wii. and you know what? I'm okay with that. All of those consoles are great. 



I got it all, baby! 

PS4, Switch, WiiU, XBO, PC
Vita, 3DS, Android

Top 3 this generation: 
Bloodborne, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Dark Souls III

Runa216 said:
LGBTDBZBBQ said:

Luck isn't needed here, just BOTW 2, Next 3d Mario, and more Pokemons.

Yes, yes it is. the Switch is an outstanding console and easily gets the most playtime out of me over the last year, but the PS4 is doing phenomenally well. it's at over 100 million and I see it doing 20 million more, easily. for Switch to beat that, it needs to do 80+ million more - and while I think this is possible, I don't think it's probable. I see both breaching 100 million to become the 2nd and 3rd highest selling home consoles of all time, but I think it's gonna go PS2, PS4, Switch, PS1, Wii. and you know what? I'm okay with that. All of those consoles are great. 

Agreed.  When we get Sony's report for the end of this year, it should be at 108M-110M.  After this fiscal year ending March 2020, it will 100% be beyond 110M.  Considering we still have yet to have a permanent cut to below $299, which we should get next year (at least to $249, hopefully $199), I can see it easily hitting 125M-135M in the end.



Next year will be the peak year because Animal Crossing + BOTW 2 + Switch Pro.



Around the Network

There’s no way BOTW 2 will launch without new hardware.

Links Awakening was timed (as well as Pokémon) with the lite.

According to king zell (trusted leaker) BOTW2 comes out next year.



BlackBeauty said:
There’s no way BOTW 2 will launch without new hardware.

Links Awakening was timed (as well as Pokémon) with the lite.

According to king zell (trusted leaker) BOTW2 comes out next year.

The last 3 home console Zeldas (TP, SS, BotW) have been delayed, so I am not getting my hopes up.



German YouTuber and Streamer:
StarCraft and Fallout 4 currently.

Me trying to write reviews:
Octopath Traveler

Amazon thread

Marth said:
BlackBeauty said:
There’s no way BOTW 2 will launch without new hardware.

Links Awakening was timed (as well as Pokémon) with the lite.

According to king zell (trusted leaker) BOTW2 comes out next year.

The last 3 home console Zeldas (TP, SS, BotW) have been delayed, so I am not getting my hopes up.

Was about to post this. I sure that BOTW2 is internally planned for 2020, but given historical precedent I expect there's a good chance it'll slip into 2021.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 16 December 2019

Poor XBO can't catch a break.



Chris Hu said:
only777 said:

Sure.

Total lack of 1st party games.  The first Xbox had Microsoft pushing for a lot of great exclusives.  You could say this about the 360 too for the first half of it's life.  But the XBO is totally lacking.  Where is Scalebound?  Where is Project Gothem Racing?  For a company selling a games machine how has this happened?

But we know how this happened, its a total failure of management at Microsoft.  From creating a console with features no one wanted, mis-management of 1st party studios to behind the scenes stuff like ID @Xbox (remember that?!).  The console sucks because the people that made it cocked up every single aspect around it.

Here's the big difference between Xbox and Sony.  When Sony fucked up the PS3 launch, they worked hard on the one thing that could actully get them back in the race; Games.

Microsoft have spent their time doing Xcloud, Backward compatibility and pushing for cross play.  All nice things, but a complete waste of time if you don't have the number one thing people actually want the console for; GAMES!

You could say that they are holding back now to bring everything to scarlet.  But that's a shit excuse.  When Sony fucked up, they made damn sure that by the end of the PS3's life it had killer games on it.  How come Microsoft haven't managed this too?  Because Xbox management is inept.

That's why Xbox sucks.

Forza Horizon is Project Gotham racing as a matter of fact its way better then Project Gotham racing.  The X1 overall software lineup is already better then the 360's was and that is with still almost a year to go before the next system launches.  Only people that are hating on the X1 are people like you that actually don't own one or never even tried one.

Forza Horizon is most certainly not PGR.  Bizarre Creations made very unique games, Forza Horizon is not a Bizarre Creations game.

Also assuming that some people who use a website to track sales data of video games (A very niche section of hardcore gamers), have not even used an Xbox One is a very high risk assumption.



Sony want to make money by selling art, Nintendo want to make money by selling fun, Microsoft want to make money.