Quantcast
Will YouTube's new rules kill its Nintendo content?

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will YouTube's new rules kill its Nintendo content?

haxxiy said:

So, what do you folks think?

Yes.

Nintendo already screws over people with content videos ect.
This new FTC ruleing will just tip it over the top.

It will still be around, but it wont make anyone any money at all, so I think content could see a sharp drop in creation.



Around the Network

I am more worry of animation and anime content especially anime reaction chanel.



sundin13 said:
Yeah, most content should be fine unless you are specifically going for that audience. Still, this seems kind of ridiculous.

Problem is that youtube uses AI software to determine what videos are for children or not and allready a big amount of channels have lost their monitization because of this,too many creators that make vids for all ages to watch can be struck by this and even using some words like "cool" or "fun" can make a bot think it is for kids.

I feel really bad for the people that depend on youtube to be able to pay their bills and are suddenly struck by this.



Immersiveunreality said:
sundin13 said:
Yeah, most content should be fine unless you are specifically going for that audience. Still, this seems kind of ridiculous.

Problem is that youtube uses AI software to determine what videos are for children or not and allready a big amount of channels have lost their monitization because of this,too many creators that make vids for all ages to watch can be struck by this and even using some words like "cool" or "fun" can make a bot think it is for kids.

I feel really bad for the people that depend on youtube to be able to pay their bills and are suddenly struck by this.

While I also don't particularly trust Youtube's algorithms, it doesn't seem that Youtube is doing anything to factor this into their algorithms (or at least isn't using algorithmic means as their main way of designation). I may be wrong, but it seems like Youtube has provided the tools to let creators self identify whether their content is targeted towards children and the creator is directly liable for mischaracterization of their videos.

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/9528076?hl=en

"As a creator, you know your videos and your audience best, and it is your legal responsibility to comply with COPPA and/or other applicable laws and designate your content accurately."



Leynos said:
Isn't it only if you mark it strictly for kids? Just say it's for everyone.

And then be fined massively by the US government. 



 

Around the Network
S.Peelman said:
No biggie. A Youtube should just throw in the F word somewhere and it's fine.

Ba-by shark, fuck-fuck-fuck-fuck-fuck-fuck, baby shark, fuck-fuck-fuck-fuck-fuck-fuck, baby shark, fuck-fuck-fuck-fuck-fuck-fuck, baby shark.



John2290 said:
Leynos said:
Isn't it only if you mark it strictly for kids? Just say it's for everyone.

And then be fined massively by the US government. 

Well, their E3 Direct had an uncensored F-Bomb in it. Travis Touchdown says Fucky. Just have more F-bombs in their directs. "Buy our fucking games and this other shit we have to show!"



They'll have to be more explicit from hear on out due to the shaky algorithms of YouTube but I'd say most channels won't find themselves targeted by this rule specifically.

Or yeah ... Fuck/Shit/Suck/Cock from here :P



Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

vivster said:
Watch Jim Sterling's video on this. There isn't even a remote chance that the FTC will act against a channel that is not exclusively for children and deliberately pretending to not be. That is if they have the time to act at all. The FTC is no danger at all here.

The only issue is youtube's shitty algorithm for flagging kids content which could lead to demonetization for certain videos, but that's nothing new. I mean it's hilarious that you bring it up in context of Nintendo because Nintendo itself is at the forefront of unjustly demonetizing videos of people. Nintendo is literally a bigger threat to creators than the FTC.

Except Nintendo has already removed its old YouTube Partnership Program and aheres to the usual policies that other companies are adhering to.



SanAndreasX said:
S.Peelman said:
No biggie. A Youtube should just throw in the F word somewhere and it's fine.

Ba-by shark, fuck-fuck-fuck-fuck-fuck-fuck, baby shark, fuck-fuck-fuck-fuck-fuck-fuck, baby shark, fuck-fuck-fuck-fuck-fuck-fuck, baby shark.

You know what will happen , there will be headlines reading, Beastiality runs riot on Youtube followed by "Youtube algorithm uncovers pedophile ring involved in grooming baby sharks for sex". btw please click the like button or subscribe.