Quantcast
The 10th Annual Greatest Games Event - Discussion Thread: DAY #22

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The 10th Annual Greatest Games Event - Discussion Thread: DAY #22

mZuzek said:
Jpcc86 said:

Question: Seeing @mZuzek post in here, is this the post to include the Honorable Mentions that didnt make the list or can I just add them tomorrow in the other topic when the list starts.  

Follow up question: Given that christmas season is coming and I might travel, a couple of days I might not be able to enter the forum and edit my list, any issue if I add those couple of games beforehand?

Follow up question number 2: What happens if you put shampoo and conditioner on at the same time? 

You can include your honorable mentions in your post in the official thread, of course. You can do whatever you want with that post, as long as it's you don't flood it with images and keep it clear and obvious what the top 50 is. I just did it, actually. You can't post a second time, though.

Follow up question... nah, don't worry. Not everyone is gonna be available day in, day out, for almost 2 months - it's normal for people to post a few games ahead of schedule or catch up later when they get back. In fact, I'm gonna do that right now!

HINTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*ahem* um, sorry about that. Hints.

#50 - I'm in it!
#49 - It has clunky controls.
#48 - The final boss shoots fireballs from a mouth in his belly, and it's a pain.
#47 - It hasn't been ported to the Switch.
#46 - Full steam ahead!

#50: Donut County → there you are:

#49: Resident Evil

#47: not much left which isn't ported to Switch, but a few options remain, let's say Super Mario 3D World

#46: Codename S.T.E.A.M.



3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019

Predictions: Switch / Switch vs. XB1 in the US / Three Houses first quarter

Around the Network
mZuzek said:

HINTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*ahem* um, sorry about that. Hints.

#50 - I'm in it!
#49 - It has clunky controls.
#48 - The final boss shoots fireballs from a mouth in his belly, and it's a pain.
#47 - It hasn't been ported to the Switch.
#46 - Full steam ahead!

50: Star Fox Zero

49: ... Star Fox Zero

47: Super Mario 3D World

46: Zelda Spirit Tracks

EDIT: It seems I've been ninja'd twice on SM3DW.



mZuzek said:

You can include your honorable mentions in your post in the official thread, of course. You can do whatever you want with that post, as long as it's you don't flood it with images and keep it clear and obvious what the top 50 is. I just did it, actually. You can't post a second time, though.

Follow up question... nah, don't worry. Not everyone is gonna be available day in, day out, for almost 2 months - it's normal for people to post a few games ahead of schedule or catch up later when they get back. In fact, I'm gonna do that right now!

HINTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*ahem* um, sorry about that. Hints.

#50 - I'm in it!
#49 - It has clunky controls.
#48 - The final boss shoots fireballs from a mouth in his belly, and it's a pain.
#47 - It hasn't been ported to the Switch.
#46 - Full steam ahead!

Nice, thanks!

#46 is Spirit Tracks?



TruckOSaurus said:

#50 - I'm in it!
#49 - It has clunky controls.
#48 - The final boss shoots fireballs from a mouth in his belly, and it's a pain.
#47 - It hasn't been ported to the Switch.
#46 - Full steam ahead!

Some of those are quite vague. Let me try some:

#50 Marvel vs Capcom 3
#48 Tekken 5
#47 Mario 3D World
#46 Steamworld Dig 2

Well, I always try to be a little vague at first, especially when hinting games ahead of schedule. Don't want them to be guessed too easily straight away, and all that. You got #48 right, the other ones, nah.

Mnementh said:

#50: Donut County → there you are:

#49: Resident Evil
#47: not much left which isn't ported to Switch, but a few options remain, let's say Super Mario 3D World
#46: Codename S.T.E.A.M.

You have the right idea there with #50, but I'm afraid that ain't it.

S.Peelman said:

50: Star Fox Zero
49: ... Star Fox Zero
47: Super Mario 3D World
46: Zelda Spirit Tracks

EDIT: It seems I've been ninja'd twice on SM3DW.

#46 is correct, and... well, you came close with #47. But no.



S.Peelman said:
Mnementh said:

I know nothing about the quote, but one classic arcade game which was copied very often was Breakout.

Almost. More or less, it's not almost as in the answer is "Super Breakout", but "almost" as in it's from the same era, by the same publisher and a port of the arcade game was released on this publisher's console.

#50 (Hint 2): Breakout has even more clones than my game, but the name of the clone with the quote I'm talking about just changed the word 'Missile' to 'Patriot'.

Space Invaders?



3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019

Predictions: Switch / Switch vs. XB1 in the US / Three Houses first quarter

Around the Network
Jpcc86 said:
mZuzek said:

You can include your honorable mentions in your post in the official thread, of course. You can do whatever you want with that post, as long as it's you don't flood it with images and keep it clear and obvious what the top 50 is. I just did it, actually. You can't post a second time, though.

Follow up question... nah, don't worry. Not everyone is gonna be available day in, day out, for almost 2 months - it's normal for people to post a few games ahead of schedule or catch up later when they get back. In fact, I'm gonna do that right now!

#46 - Full steam ahead!

Nice, thanks!

#46 is Spirit Tracks?

Welcome to the art of getting ninja'd. Not the most enjoyable one, but it exists nonetheless.

I'm kinda surprised at how fast the responses came, though. Calm down, guys!



mZuzek said:

but couldn't make it to the top 50 for one reason or another.

Honorable Mention: The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages & Oracle of Seasons

Boo!

Honorable Mention: Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove

Boooooo!

Honorable Mention: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

Booooooooooooooo!

You cut out all the best games.


OT: I'll drop my hint if I manage to finish my list tonight. It will mostly be the same as last year's though.



Flilix said:
mZuzek said:

Honorable Mention: The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages & Oracle of Seasons
Boo!

Honorable Mention: Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove
Boooooo!

Honorable Mention: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
Booooooooooooooo!

You cut out all the best games.

Come on, A Link Between Worlds hasn't made my top 50 for a while, you just didn't notice it before cause I wasn't talking about it!

Anyways, I didn't actually mean it when I asked you guys to slow down! Gonna drop a bit more info on the hints because I might not be very active here this coming week.

#50 - I'm in it!
Hint 2 - You can barely call it a videogame.

#49 - It has clunky controls.
Hint 2 - I might've mentioned something about this a page ago...

#47 - It hasn't been ported to the Switch.
Hint 2 - It's already been mentioned as a guess for some of my other hints.



mZuzek said:
Flilix said:

You cut out all the best games.

Come on, A Link Between Worlds hasn't made my top 50 for a while, you just didn't notice it before cause I wasn't talking about it!

Anyways, I didn't actually mean it when I asked you guys to slow down! Gonna drop a bit more info on the hints because I might not be very active here this coming week.

#50 - I'm in it!
Hint 2 - You can barely call it a videogame.

#49 - It has clunky controls.
Hint 2 - I might've mentioned something about this a page ago...

#50 Guardians of the Galaxy vol 2

#49 Depends on how many posts per page you have, since this is still page 1 for me :p



Flilix said:
mZuzek said:

Come on, A Link Between Worlds hasn't made my top 50 for a while, you just didn't notice it before cause I wasn't talking about it!

Anyways, I didn't actually mean it when I asked you guys to slow down! Gonna drop a bit more info on the hints because I might not be very active here this coming week.

#50 - I'm in it!
Hint 2 - You can barely call it a videogame.

#49 - It has clunky controls.
Hint 2 - I might've mentioned something about this a page ago...

#50 Guardians of the Galaxy vol 2

#49 Depends on how many posts per page you have, since this is still page 1 for me :p

Um, 10 posts per page.

Last time I checked, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 wasn't a videogame. If it was, you can be sure it wouldn't be #50. But you're not far off with that one.