Quantcast
The 10th Annual Greatest Games Event - Discussion Thread

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The 10th Annual Greatest Games Event - Discussion Thread

The_Liquid_Laser said:

More clues:

30.  a)  This popular series had let you choose your character before, but this is the first time where 4 different people could also play at the same time.
b)  The main character of this game is known for defeating King Kong and Godzilla (or at least creatures that resemble them).
c)  2D platformer

25.  a)  This Switch game is a combination of two different franchises.  It also appeared on other platforms before coming to Switch.
b)  This game is not published by Nintendo, nor is Nintendo licensing out their IP to another company.

24.  This game must really love Beyonce, because it has a whole lot of things in it that she'd like to be put on her.  First in the series.

30. New Super Mario Bros Wii

24. Sonic the Hedgehog (1991)



Around the Network
The_Liquid_Laser said:

28 is correct!

On 30, you are getting closer, but still not quite there.

Nice.

For 30, Wii then. NSMBWii, I guess NSMBWii was the first with 4 players.



Landale_Star said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

More clues:

30.  a)  This popular series had let you choose your character before, but this is the first time where 4 different people could also play at the same time.
b)  The main character of this game is known for defeating King Kong and Godzilla (or at least creatures that resemble them).
c)  2D platformer

25.  a)  This Switch game is a combination of two different franchises.  It also appeared on other platforms before coming to Switch.
b)  This game is not published by Nintendo, nor is Nintendo licensing out their IP to another company.

24.  This game must really love Beyonce, because it has a whole lot of things in it that she'd like to be put on her.  First in the series.

30. New Super Mario Bros Wii

24. Sonic the Hedgehog (1991)

30 is correct!

24 is correct also, but Filix just barely beat you.

S.Peelman said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

28 is correct!

On 30, you are getting closer, but still not quite there.

Nice.

For 30, Wii then. NSMBWii, I guess NSMBWii was the first with 4 players.

30 is correct, but Landale_Star just barely beat you.  I think I'll give you both credit on this, since you had just about guessed it before.

Man, this thread is really popular this year.  I post a few clues and get 3 quick replies almost immediately after.



HylianSwordsman said:
Flilix said:

Oh, no, sorry if my hints were confusing.

Here are all my hints:

Hint 1: Lots of heights and climbing.
Hint 2: This franchise went open world last year.
(And to be clear, the game in question is not open world, only the most recent game in the franchise is.)

Monster Hunter 4 was going to be my next guess.

That's the one!



Is it too late to participate?

I understand if it is - it's my bad for being a lazy fuck.



Around the Network
Moren said:
Is it too late to participate?

I understand if it is - it's my bad for being a lazy fuck.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241130&page=1#

Last day to sign up! Hurry!

Hey, wait a minute, how did you change your username?



S.Peelman said:
Mnementh said:

I have a bit of catch-up to do, so I drop hints for a few more games. But before that a quick look, on how the standings are on the predictions to my games. The_Liquid_Laser already has taken the lead with six correct guesses. Last year at this point he had only three and went on to guess 17. SanAndreasX is second with three guessed games.Jpcc86 is third with two. A lot of people have guessed one game so far: TruckOSaurus, RingoGaSuki, Agente42, Bofferbrauer2, S.Peelman, forest-spirit, Landale_Star, BraLoD and Farsala. Still 30 to go, so plenty of chances.

#33 Guessed by The_Liquid_Laser: Pikmin

#32 Guessed by Farsala: Final Fantasy X

#31

a) The king becomes consumed by the rot.

#30

a) The terrorist organization is back?

#29

a) Giant monsters vs. giant aliens!

#28

a) "Хорошо! Я буду работать на тeбя, проклятый капиталист!"

#27

a) The character the the games in this series is named after, isn't even in this game.

27: Zelda Link's Awakening? I wanted to say Majora's Mask at first but even though Zelda indeed doesn't play a part in that game she technically still has a short appearance through a flashback.

I could google the Russian quote, but I won't.

Oh damn, I forgot about awakening… no, it is not Link's Awakening.

Let's just count your first thought though. Majora's Mask is it (and I disregard that short flashback, she still isn't there).



3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019

Predictions: Switch / Switch vs. XB1 in the US / Three Houses first quarter

Mnementh said:
S.Peelman said:

27: Zelda Link's Awakening? I wanted to say Majora's Mask at first but even though Zelda indeed doesn't play a part in that game she technically still has a short appearance through a flashback.

I could google the Russian quote, but I won't.

Oh damn, I forgot about awakening… no, it is not Link's Awakening.

Let's just count your first thought though. Majora's Mask is it (and I disregard that short flashback, she still isn't there).

Heh, thanks. I was wondering how strict you would be on that flashback. I also wouldn't have counted it.



#31 - In this GC game, the blue hedgehog has a new rival.



Guessed by The_Liquid_Laser

I missed this game when it came out. It is my loss. I tried the game when I got it for free as part of the 3DS's Ambassador Program, a thank you by Nintendo to those who bought the 3DS before it's price was drastically cut. This game is amazing. The atmosphere of it's world is it's strongest asset, it is amazing. The main antagonist, the SA-X, an overpowered copy of Samus herself, is genuinely terrifying. The encounters are scripted, as this game is quite linear for a Metroid game, but it does feel as if you are haunted by it every step of the way. During the GameBoy Advance's life, I didn't really think very highly of the system. It's not that I didn't like it at all, but I felt it's best games were Super Nintendo ports and it had mediocre Mario Kart and Zelda games. If I had played 'Metroid Fusion' however, my feelings might have been different.