Quantcast
To Hideo or not to Hideo? That is the Kojima. [Death Stranding disscussion]

Forums - Gaming Discussion - To Hideo or not to Hideo? That is the Kojima. [Death Stranding disscussion]

I am...

Loving DS 16 32.65%
 
Enjoyig DS 6 12.24%
 
Middle of the road. 1 2.04%
 
Disliking DS 5 10.20%
 
Hating DS 7 14.29%
 
Not sure yet. 8 16.33%
 
Other. 6 12.24%
 
Total:49

Finished it. I don't really understand it story wise much at all towards the last few epiaodea but it was one hell of a journey. Great game and among the best of the generation for me, top 10 at least maybe top 5 if only it were tweaked in a few areas. Real pity about that platinum trophy though, I was really looking forward fo having a goal to work towards in end game to build out the world but oh well. Perhaps I'll come back from time to time to do a bit here and there. Lookibg back at my save files I left over 300 of thwm so I can litterqlly go to any point in the game I want to replay. Onto Jedi fallen order, I guess, just in time too.



 

Around the Network
John2290 said:
Finished it. I don't really understand it story wise much at all towards the last few epiaodea but it was one hell of a journey. Great game and among the best of the generation for me, top 10 at least maybe top 5 if only it were tweaked in a few areas. Real pity about that platinum trophy though, I was really looking forward fo having a goal to work towards in end game to build out the world but oh well. Perhaps I'll come back from time to time to do a bit here and there. Lookibg back at my save files I left over 300 of thwm so I can litterqlly go to any point in the game I want to replay. Onto Jedi fallen order, I guess, just in time too.

Normally when developers make a game of this scale they just play it a lot more safe and do not provide an experience as unique as this is,this is a daring project to develop with this much resources put into the project and it is very rare amongst the AAA branch of games .

I love it and i hope it is succesfull enough to keep them making experiences as this one.



Immersiveunreality said:
John2290 said:
Finished it. I don't really understand it story wise much at all towards the last few epiaodea but it was one hell of a journey. Great game and among the best of the generation for me, top 10 at least maybe top 5 if only it were tweaked in a few areas. Real pity about that platinum trophy though, I was really looking forward fo having a goal to work towards in end game to build out the world but oh well. Perhaps I'll come back from time to time to do a bit here and there. Lookibg back at my save files I left over 300 of thwm so I can litterqlly go to any point in the game I want to replay. Onto Jedi fallen order, I guess, just in time too.

Normally when developers make a game of this scale they just play it a lot more safe and do not provide an experience as unique as this is,this is a daring project to develop with this much resources put into the project and it is very rare amongst the AAA branch of games .

I love it and i hope it is succesfull enough to keep them making experiences as this one.

Yes, it is incredibly unique  I've come away with such a strong feeling about the game that I have with none othet previously, I don't quite know how to explain it. Going back to The outer worlds, onto Fallen order and even CoD Modern Warfare, they feel cheap and flimsy in comparison. Know what I mean?



 

I'll just log on to see if anyone has added to the world... 4 hours later and it's almost noon, haha. Fucking game. 



 

John2290 said:
Immersiveunreality said:

Normally when developers make a game of this scale they just play it a lot more safe and do not provide an experience as unique as this is,this is a daring project to develop with this much resources put into the project and it is very rare amongst the AAA branch of games .

I love it and i hope it is succesfull enough to keep them making experiences as this one.

Yes, it is incredibly unique  I've come away with such a strong feeling about the game that I have with none othet previously, I don't quite know how to explain it. Going back to The outer worlds, onto Fallen order and even CoD Modern Warfare, they feel cheap and flimsy in comparison. Know what I mean?

Lol i got 20000 likes in half an hour yesterday just from firstly investing in the most important "structures",it is what i do first before letting others in on it :p(there might be a trophy for this idk)

Yeah see, this kind of development is the one that has a chance of making entirely new genres and if they're arent new genres then they surely bring unique experiences,it is risky and investors of massive publishing companies do not like this.(This really speaks well for Sony with how much freedom they gave him.)

Also something stupid:

Spoiler!
The junk dealer in central area quest had me thinking i needed to look for his daughter,and she kinda really acted like his daughter so it was a WTF moment when they told me about marrying eachother.


Around the Network

This game is so addicting, it is crazy. How many LIKES do you guys have so far? I am with 145.000.



This game is a fucking awesome rollercoaster.... Yes, the writing and dialogue is very cringe and ridicule at times, but, oh my god if Kojima knows how to make moments memorable.

Just finished chapter 9 yesterday. What an experience all around. Just realizing what have to do to get to chapter 9 was one of those Kojima magic/genious moments. When the game tells you "you probably should know what to do by now", i spent a few seconds thinking...."mmmm, is he implying doing THAT??", and after doubting a few more seconds i did it.... and it was awesome because it worked. It was a leap of faith perfectly awarded.

And the rest of the chapter..., well that's entering spoiler territory.... but let's say i got MGS vibes from it.

Super super impressive game. A full Kojima experience, with the bad (writing and dialogues sometimes) but mostly all the good things (script, characters, memorable moments) about his games.

The ending seems really close now....Super hyped to see how it goes. God bless we have a person like Kojima doing this kind of games in this industry. Without him, videogaming would be way more less interesting.



youngbr said:
This game is so addicting, it is crazy. How many LIKES do you guys have so far? I am with 145.000.

127,000 but I have only hit it big with one Xipline placememt so far, lol. 



 

Immersiveunreality said:
John2290 said:

Yes, it is incredibly unique  I've come away with such a strong feeling about the game that I have with none othet previously, I don't quite know how to explain it. Going back to The outer worlds, onto Fallen order and even CoD Modern Warfare, they feel cheap and flimsy in comparison. Know what I mean?

Lol i got 20000 likes in half an hour yesterday just from firstly investing in the most important "structures",it is what i do first before letting others in on it :p(there might be a trophy for this idk)

Yeah see, this kind of development is the one that has a chance of making entirely new genres and if they're arent new genres then they surely bring unique experiences,it is risky and investors of massive publishing companies do not like this.(This really speaks well for Sony with how much freedom they gave him.)

Also something stupid:

Spoiler!
The junk dealer in central area quest had me thinking i needed to look for his daughter,and she kinda really acted like his daughter so it was a WTF moment when they told me about marrying eachother.

What do you mean, investing first and then lettibg other people in? 



 

John2290 said:
Immersiveunreality said:

Lol i got 20000 likes in half an hour yesterday just from firstly investing in the most important "structures",it is what i do first before letting others in on it :p(there might be a trophy for this idk)

Yeah see, this kind of development is the one that has a chance of making entirely new genres and if they're arent new genres then they surely bring unique experiences,it is risky and investors of massive publishing companies do not like this.(This really speaks well for Sony with how much freedom they gave him.)

Also something stupid:

Spoiler!
The junk dealer in central area quest had me thinking i needed to look for his daughter,and she kinda really acted like his daughter so it was a WTF moment when they told me about marrying eachother.

What do you mean, investing first and then lettibg other people in? 

Putting resources in before connecting the distribution center/windmill/other of that area,cause that is when you also connect that area and what you build with other people playing the game right?

I might be wrong.