Quantcast
Joystick drift issue : improved design

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Joystick drift issue : improved design

So it seems that Nintendo had produced a revision of the mechanical design of the stick, but apparently that was not enough to suppress the problem at 100%.

In the industry we nearly never completly suppress a statistical issue, but sometimes we still manage to significantly reduce it by some revision. I hope that's the case here with this new design, and that they will continuesly do tiny revisions on the parts to keep decreasing the problem until we don't hear about it anymore.

source in this french article :

https://www.generation-nt.com/joycon-drift-nintendo-tente-resoudre-switch-lite-actualite-1969139.html



Current PB on Secret of Mana remake : 2h27 (2nd)
Strongest worldwide achievement on TGM : 1st European S13 rank
Fastest TI MASTER in Europe : rank Master V in 5min10
Current PB on Power Ranger (Game Gear) : 10min06 (World Record)

Non-geek activity : ThermalHungary

Around the Network

Nintendo needs to take apart a Vita and see what they used because 7 years later mine works as flawless as ever. Nintendo should order different parts from a different place. It's the pads that scratch easy.



Leynos said:
Nintendo needs to take apart a Vita and see what they used because 7 years later mine works as flawless as ever. Nintendo should order different parts from a different place. It's the pads that scratch easy.

Or basically any other console for that matter :P



Proxy-Pie said:
Leynos said:
Nintendo needs to take apart a Vita and see what they used because 7 years later mine works as flawless as ever. Nintendo should order different parts from a different place. It's the pads that scratch easy.

Or basically any other console for that matter :P

The Switch is a different beast from normal controllers.  The space constraints within the Joycon and Switch Lite mean they can't use a traditional analogie stick design.  That's why it has these unique sticks in the first place.



Wish they's fix the Pro controller, I've been through 3 of these that started drifting.



Around the Network
The_Yoda said:
Wish they's fix the Pro controller, I've been through 3 of these that started drifting.

Never heard of the Pro having drift. It uses normal analog sticks. Put mine through the ringer and is still fine and first time I have ever heard anyone say drift about the pro. The Joycons use the faulty pads and Switch Lite. So the reports have never mentioned the Pro. So must be something you are doing to it.

Last edited by Leynos - on 07 November 2019

Leynos said:
The_Yoda said:
Wish they's fix the Pro controller, I've been through 3 of these that started drifting.

Never heard of the Pro having drift. It uses normal analog sticks. Put mine through the ringer and is still fine and first time I have ever heard anyone say drift about the pro. The Joycons use the faulty pads and Switch Lite. So the reports have never mentioned the Pro. So must be something you are doing to it.

Couple thousand hours of play on the switch so far. Pretty much entirely docked using a PRO.  I've just exchanged them when they start to drift.  Only other analog thumbstick I've ever had an issue with is on the N64.  All four of those controllers got pretty played out by the end.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nintendo/comments/arq1ot/solution_to_the_nintendo_switch_pro_controller/

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/cj0au7/has_anyone_experienced_drift_on_the_pro_controller/

I'm not the only one...



Launch Pro controller and Joycons still work fine for me. Still for as many people that are still having issues, they need a redesign.



Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Yeah, Pro Controller analog is also really wonky once you use it enough. Not just drifting, it also starts feeling kinda imprecise eventually.

Heck, mine disconnected during a match in a Smash tourney this past weekend. I was using it via USB and it just turned off for no apparent reason. It's happened to me a few other times too, both when wired and wireless. Weird thing.



I had drifting on mine about a year ago. It did have heavy usage and also handled children. I cleaned it out using cleaning alcohol and then factory reset and have not had the issue since.



I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.