Quantcast
Luigi's Mansion 3 thread: Impressions and Reviews

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Luigi's Mansion 3 thread: Impressions and Reviews

Pokemon hate is strong. Reminds me of the Fire Emblem hate.



Around the Network
Chrkeller said:
Pokemon hate is strong. Reminds me of the Fire Emblem hate.

Fire Emblem hate? what? no one hates that game series at all.

Pokemon isnt hated either..... but I'd say that theres alot that think the series is overrated, and gets by, by appealing to the very young crowd, and people that are into overload of cuteness with character designs. If you ignored the cute designs of pokemons, the games arnt enough to warrent their review scores. Theres also some that think the devs are lazy, and rehash too much, instead of trying to make a art work of a game, they re happy to just scape by and earn money. Ei. devs lack passion for their game.



My sister is dying to play Luigi's Mansion on her Switch. Feels so good when non-gamers get into Nintendo games.



The sentence below is false. 
The sentence above is true. 

JRPGfan said:
Chrkeller said:
Pokemon hate is strong. Reminds me of the Fire Emblem hate.

Fire Emblem hate? what? no one hates that game series at all.

Pokemon isnt hated either..... but I'd say that theres alot that think the series is overrated, and gets by, by appealing to the very young crowd, and people that are into overload of cuteness with character designs. If you ignored the cute designs of pokemons, the games arnt enough to warrent their review scores. Theres also some that think the devs are lazy, and rehash too much, instead of trying to make a art work of a game, they re happy to just scape by and earn money. Ei. devs lack passion for their game.

Folks (certain ones) itched and moaned about Three Houses prior to release.  Turned out to be a great game.  I suspect the same is happening with Sword/Shield.  Gamers complain too much is the main point of my comment.



RolStoppable said:
Scored in the expected range, so not much to say here.

I know almost nothing about the game because I've become so disinterested in game previews and reviews, but I hope the local multiplayer options are good.

Weren't you into the LM2 multiplayer?



Around the Network
Cerebralbore101 said:

I expect it to get at least an 80. With all the corner cutting Gamefreak did for this one I don't see it getting anything above 84. 

I believe it will do better than that since Let's Go was able to score as much and Sw/Sh is the superior game, not that that's saying much.

Chrkeller said:

Folks (certain ones) itched and moaned about Three Houses prior to release.  Turned out to be a great game.  I suspect the same is happening with Sword/Shield.  Gamers complain too much is the main point of my comment.

That's a good thing, criticism is how things get better.



Chrkeller said:
JRPGfan said:

Fire Emblem hate? what? no one hates that game series at all.

Pokemon isnt hated either..... but I'd say that theres alot that think the series is overrated, and gets by, by appealing to the very young crowd, and people that are into overload of cuteness with character designs. If you ignored the cute designs of pokemons, the games arnt enough to warrent their review scores. Theres also some that think the devs are lazy, and rehash too much, instead of trying to make a art work of a game, they re happy to just scape by and earn money. Ei. devs lack passion for their game.

Folks (certain ones) itched and moaned about Three Houses prior to release.  Turned out to be a great game.  I suspect the same is happening with Sword/Shield.  Gamers complain too much is the main point of my comment.

Indeed, they complain like it's a religious experience.



Some days I just blow up.

CaptainExplosion said:

Indeed, they complain like it's a religious experience.

Yeah let's complain about complaining, that's a totally better and more worthwhile discussion!



Lonely_Dolphin said:
CaptainExplosion said:

Indeed, they complain like it's a religious experience.

Yeah let's complain about complaining, that's a totally better and more worthwhile discussion!

*sticks dynamite in Lonely-Dolphin's blowhole and detonates it* Get sarcastic about THAT, Ecco.



Some days I just blow up.

CaptainExplosion said:

*sticks dynamite in Lonely-Dolphin's blowhole and detonates it* Get sarcastic about THAT, Ecco.

LOL

OT: I've purposely been keeping myself in the dark about this game, a risk for sure but I think I know enough about it to be confident I'll enjoy it. The return to free roam and portrait ghost means the devs have been listening to the "complainers" which is always a good sign, but it's still keeping positives from Dark Moon like the varied environments and faster paced ghost combat.