Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rumour: GTAIV DLC on Xbox 360 will include new city!!!!!! OMFG!!!!

http://www.dbtechno.com/gaming/2008/04/17/gta-iv-dlc-on-xbox-360-will-include-new-city/

Boston (dbTechno) - According to reports from the Future Publishing’s CVG GTA IV magazine, the new Grand Theft Auto IV downloadable content on the Xbox 360 could greatly expand the game. The rumors running rampant right now are that the exclusive Xbox 360 DLC for GTA IV will include a brand new city for the game.

Future Publishing put out their CVG GTA IV special, with the magazine focusing in on the biggest gaming release of the year on the Xbox 360 and PS3.

CVG states that the downloadable content coming to the Xbox 360 version will be as big as the entire releases of GTA: Vice City and GTA: San Andreas.

This equates to an entirely new city being added to the Xbox 360 version of GTA IV.

The magazine stated “GTA IV is set to completely redefine the idea with expansions that are to GTA IV what Vice City or San Andreas were to GTA III. Yes, Rockstar is clearly hinting at new downloadable cities.”

“GTA IV’s Liberty City is the beginning. Think about that and be excited.”

 

Starcraft's thoughts:

If this happens, I don't think we will find out about it early enough to effect the launch sales distribution amongst the two consoles, simply because MS no longer has time to get word to the public. But I think it is clear that if the DLC is something remotely close to being as large as SA and VC, it will SIGNIFICANTLY effect which version of the game has the better legs. Also, it could be quite a powerful tool for MS around Christmas.

If this is true, expect a lot of "well SA and VC weren't really worth my time after GTAIII anyway" from PS3 fanboys over the coming months.

Edit: New link, with more info!!!

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/microsoft-s-gta-iv-spend-to-match-halo-3

"Reviews of the game are now coming in and it’s getting a fantastic response, and the press are highlighting how massive the Xbox 360 exclusive downloadable content will be and how easy and great it is to play multiplayer with friends over Xbox Live," continued McGill.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network
I called this months ago!

But no one believed me.

I don't think this is the truth, as they'd alienate ten or twenty million PS3 owners from playing the sequels, but this could be true, as stranger things have happened.

DMeisterJ said:
I don't think this is the truth, as they'd alienate ten or twenty million PS3 owners from playing the sequels, but this could be true, as stranger things have happened.

Microsoft gave a no-risk loan of FIFTY MILLION DOLLARS to Take Two at a time when they were desperately in need of liquid cash.

It would not be at all strange for this to turn out true. 

 



starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

starcraft said:
DMeisterJ said:
I don't think this is the truth, as they'd alienate ten or twenty million PS3 owners from playing the sequels, but this could be true, as stranger things have happened.

Microsoft gave a no-risk loan of FIFTY MILLION DOLLARS to Take Two at a time when they were desperately in need of liquid cash.

It would not be at all strange for this to turn out true. 

 


But why would take two take fifty million dollars, when they could easily sell two three or four million units on the PS3 and easily make that back... 



Around the Network
It's hard to imagine them being that large even if they're using the engine and a lot of assets off the game disc. Each DLC would likely have to be several gigs in size, probably in the 3-4 gig range.

DLC features new city? Isn't that way to big for the harddrive?

PSN ID: clemens-nl                                                                                                                

Also, this means that people that have went and bought the arcade wouldn't have the 'complete' experience...

That would be pretty impressive if they can create a whole new city for the DLC in only a few months.

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:
starcraft said:
DMeisterJ said:
I don't think this is the truth, as they'd alienate ten or twenty million PS3 owners from playing the sequels, but this could be true, as stranger things have happened.

Microsoft gave a no-risk loan of FIFTY MILLION DOLLARS to Take Two at a time when they were desperately in need of liquid cash.

It would not be at all strange for this to turn out true.

 


But why would take two take fifty million dollars, when they could easily sell two three or four million units on the PS3 and easily make that back...

Because Take Two needed to make money at the time.  They would have known at that point that GTAIV was unlikely to make the holidays.  Back then there was all sorts of shareholder grumblings about board changes and the possibility of hostile takeovers (which eventually proved justified thanks to EA).

TT simply couldn't wait until April of this year to get their hands on some cash. 

 



starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS