Quantcast
Death Stranding Review Thread - MC: 83 / OC: 85 / GR: 84.89%

Forums - Sony Discussion - Death Stranding Review Thread - MC: 83 / OC: 85 / GR: 84.89%

Tagged games:

LudicrousSpeed said:
Yeah that Sterling video wasn’t flattering to the game at all.

Yes i watched it today,i do think he is a good reviewer.

I mean he does hate some games i like but from his wording i sometimes like what he thinks of as a negative,i can see how a game like this can be divisive though.



Around the Network
Immersiveunreality said:
LudicrousSpeed said:
Yeah that Sterling video wasn’t flattering to the game at all.

Yes i watched it today,i do think he is a good reviewer.

I mean he does hate some games i like but from his wording i sometimes like what he thinks of as a negative,i can see how a game like this can be divisive though.

He was one of the few reviewers that recognized Battleborn for the treasure that it was, and for that he will always be one of my favorite journalists.



I'm still waiting for my copy, but I'm confident I'll enjoy this game.

Not only I know what I'm expecting, it's not the usual action/adventure open world (yes, everyone knows that), but I get that the game has a slow pace, it's quiet, it's about avoiding enemies and managing resources. It might not be really exciting, but i feel that it's a sort of experience I'll like.

It's definitely a new sort of game. Hopefully I'll have my copy before sunset.



My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?


After my second session today (more dedicated to do side missions) i have more impressions:

- Combat with the Mules is definitively a disapointment, at least for now. The first time i went to a base with them, i just outpunched everyone without difficulties. Combat it's clearly not the main goal of the game. Maybe they become more challenging forward in the game...

- Exploration and finding new and better routes to progress is still the best thing about the gameplay of the game. It makes you feel like an explorer.

- There's ton of side filler missions like in MGS V that just consist in repeating places and objectives and can drag the pace of the game a lot, although this serves you to...

- ...understand how the strand social system works and what purpose does it have. Once you establish a connection with a new region, you start to see what other players have been building, lefting behind (like ladders, ropes, bridges, resources or even bikes), etc. This system work as ..., "the more you help others, the more help you receive from others too", so there's an obvious meta idea behind all this about the message over connecting people and players that is easily understable. This, makes the game way more easy too though, maybe too easy.

- There's ton of menus and visual information about everything you can do and accomplish that can make you feel overwhelmed.

- There's lot of story exposition via mail that works like the tapes in MGS V just without voice acting.

I will continue with the story now, because doing side stuff can derail the pace of the story a little bit, but truth to be told, you can get cool stuff from doing those side missions too. Like every open world game, you need to balance yourself in this regard to get the better experience.

Last edited by colafitte - on 08 November 2019

GameRankings score dropped to 84.89%



Around the Network

Both EDGE and Jim Sterling dislike this game? Now I'm really becoming interested in the PC release. Those two are by far the more well-known review sources that I respect the least.



pokoko said:
Both EDGE and Jim Sterling dislike this game? Now I'm really becoming interested in the PC release. Those two are by far the more well-known review sources that I respect the least.

What about Giant Bomb?



Famitsu gave 40/40 score



KLAMarine said:
pokoko said:
Both EDGE and Jim Sterling dislike this game? Now I'm really becoming interested in the PC release. Those two are by far the more well-known review sources that I respect the least.

What about Giant Bomb?

I don't know anything about them.  I think they're one of those places made up of disgruntled ex-employees from another gaming site but, then again, I think that describes most of the gaming media.  



I'm totally addicted to the game.

After 2 hours I wasn't convinced but after 3 hours I couldn't stop anymore. Just played 6 hours straight.



Playing this month : Death Stranding, Gears 5 and Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order.