Quantcast
Rank the Soulslikes You've Played

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rank the Soulslikes You've Played

Agente42 said:
omarct said:
1- Bloodborne(Masterpiece)
2- Demons's Souls(first is always special)
3- Dark Souls( I have more fond memories of it)
4- Dark Souls 3(pretty good)
5- Hollow Knight(impressed me)
6- Dark Souls 2(worst gameplay and lore)
7- Nioh(hate rng loot crap grind/timesinks)

Hollow Knight is not a souls borne, it's a Metroidvania. The core mechanics is all about Metroidvania like. 

Great list.

The list was about "Souls Like" games. I personally think Hollow Knight was heavily inspired by Dark Souls which is why I mentioned it. If you have played Hollow Knight you will know why I say so. The way the story and lore is told through item descriptions and random NPCs with little dialogue its exactly like the Souls games, just because you cant level up or use different weapons, doesnt mean its not Souls Like.



Around the Network
omarct said:
Agente42 said:

Hollow Knight is not a souls borne, it's a Metroidvania. The core mechanics is all about Metroidvania like. 

Great list.

The list was about "Souls Like" games. I personally think Hollow Knight was heavily inspired by Dark Souls which is why I mentioned it. If you have played Hollow Knight you will know why I say so. The way the story and lore is told through item descriptions and random NPCs with little dialogue its exactly like the Souls games, just because you cant level up or use different weapons, doesnt mean its not Souls Like.

The lore have inspired in retro games, Dark souls games is also inspired in retro games, where no tell( cinematics focus)  context and more experience context (story imersion in gameplay). Grandpa of Hollow Knight and Dark Souls is Classic Zelda ( The legend of Zelda) and other classics. It's more a ancestry in common than heavily inspired.  The ambience and atmospheric resemble Metroid too. Dark Souls innovation is the focus in stamina based action. Hollow Knight don't have stamina based action.  

great video about Hollow Knight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ITtPPE-pXE

And about souls like genre

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lx7BWayWu08



Have added Nioh to my ranking now that I've decided to stop playing it and move onto something else. I just got really bored by the lack of enemy variety and the repetitive areas. It's my second least favourite Soulslike so far. It could've been really good but it's just too bloated; needed the equivalent of an editor to come in and cut whole chunks of filler content out.

I've now moved on to Salt & Sanctuary, which I'm really enjoying so far, somewhat to my surprise because it's a 2D indie and those games rarely appeal to me.



Machina said:
Have added Nioh to my ranking now that I've decided to stop playing it and move onto something else. I just got really bored by the lack of enemy variety and the repetitive areas. It's my second least favourite Soulslike so far. It could've been really good but it's just too bloated; needed the equivalent of an editor to come in and cut whole chunks of filler content out.

I've now moved on to Salt & Sanctuary, which I'm really enjoying so far, somewhat to my surprise because it's a 2D indie and those games rarely appeal to me.

Poor you.

Nioh is freaking amazing.



1. Bloodborne
2. Demon's Souls
3. Sekiro
4. Dark Souls
5. Dark Souls 3
6. Dark Souls 2.

99. Nioh.

Edited - forgot about Sekiro



Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
Machina said:
Have added Nioh to my ranking now that I've decided to stop playing it and move onto something else. I just got really bored by the lack of enemy variety and the repetitive areas. It's my second least favourite Soulslike so far. It could've been really good but it's just too bloated; needed the equivalent of an editor to come in and cut whole chunks of filler content out.

I've now moved on to Salt & Sanctuary, which I'm really enjoying so far, somewhat to my surprise because it's a 2D indie and those games rarely appeal to me.

Poor you.

Nioh is freaking amazing.

I couldn't get into Nioh either. I tried. Added it to my library since it was free this month with Plus. Might try it again if I have time at some point. 



Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS

epicurean said:
BraLoD said:

Poor you.

Nioh is freaking amazing.

I couldn't get into Nioh either. I tried. Added it to my library since it was free this month with Plus. Might try it again if I have time at some point. 

It's such a joy to play.



BraLoD said:
Machina said:
Have added Nioh to my ranking now that I've decided to stop playing it and move onto something else. I just got really bored by the lack of enemy variety and the repetitive areas. It's my second least favourite Soulslike so far. It could've been really good but it's just too bloated; needed the equivalent of an editor to come in and cut whole chunks of filler content out.

I've now moved on to Salt & Sanctuary, which I'm really enjoying so far, somewhat to my surprise because it's a 2D indie and those games rarely appeal to me.

Poor you.

Nioh is freaking amazing.

Nioh, Sekiro and Bloodborne is not a Dark Souls clone, it's begin a deviation. It's good for the genre.



1. Bloodborne
2. Dark Souls 3
3. Dark Souls
4. Sekiro
5. Dark Souls 2

Come on Sony, Demon's Souls Remastered



Switch friend-code: 6700-1526-7903

PSN: melbye82

melbye said:
1. Bloodborne
2. Dark Souls 3
3. Dark Souls
4. Sekiro
5. Dark Souls 2

Come on Sony, Demon's Souls Remastered

Make it a remake and give us the sixth archstone!